February Update: Hammer Storm (26/02/16)

Lets discuss the February Update, which I’m predicting will be dropped on the 23rd of February 2016. Firstly what we know about the new monthly update is it will strongly feature ball-based gametypes and the gravity hammer.
Source - Twitch/Halo

Maps

  • ARENA Map - Torque - CONFIRMED - WARZONE Map - N/AWeapons

  • Gravity Hammer - CONFIRMEDWeapon Techniques

  • Unique Ground Pound - Unique Animation - Able to Combat Evolve (Smash)Gametypes (Classification - Ball)

  • Fiesta - CONFIRMED - Ricochet - SUGGESTED - Grifball - CONFIRMED - Assault - CONFIRMED - Oddball - SUGGESTEDAdditional Gametype (Ball) Options or Techniques

  • Throwing Ball - SUGGESTED - Catching Ball - SUGGESTED - Custom Ball Assassination - Combat Evolving Ball - Alley-Ooping BallPermanent and Temporary REQs

  • Gravity Hammer Variants x2 - Gravity Hammer Mythic REQ - Fist of Rukt - Gravity Hammer Stance - CONFIRMED - Gravity Hammer Melee Loadout Attachments - Storm Rifle Variants x2 - EmblemsPatching and Fixes

  • Expanded Armour and Emblem Colour Pallet - Game De-syncing fixes - Forge fixes - Player Warping fixes
    UPDATE (15/02/2016): The new update aptly dubbed Hammer Storm has been previewed and will drop on February 26th. The update shows some great additions to the REQ system and game, as well as some patching for the existing parts of the game.
    Source - Halo Waypoint

Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.

> 2533274792641480;2:
> Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.

Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.

> 2533274885506317;3:
> > 2533274792641480;2:
> > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
>
>
> Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.

Lol, proof please.

> 2533274792641480;4:
> > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> >
> >
> > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
>
>
> Lol, proof please.

It’s everywhere.

And besides, new gametypes and permanent playlists have nothing to do with eachother. The doubled variant already exists and for some reason the person at 343i responsible for playlists doesn’t want to make it permanent. Ball gametypes aren’t even in customs.

If the ball games have their own playlist then please, let it be social. Oddball should be in team arena though. Also, what is Fiesta?

> 2533274885506317;3:
> > 2533274792641480;2:
> > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
>
>
> Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.

I am going to have to side with Virtual here. There are communities dedicated to grifball alone that have been screaming 4-6 months before the game even released. The snipers and doubles was only asked by a popular amount since December.

> 2535457202768003;6:
> If the ball games have their own playlist then please, let it be social. Oddball should be in team arena though. Also, what is Fiesta?

Fiesta probably won’t be in this update, but it’s that Action Sack mode where you spawn with random weapons (including power weapons).

I fear we’ll likely only see one new gametype (my guess is Griffball because of the already confirmed Hammer), I doubt we’ll see the whole bunch of Ball gametypes launch in February (though that would be wonderful!).

Either way, I think gametypes like Assault and Oddball will be added to existing playlists (Team Arena, Social and so on), while modes like Hot Potato, Fiesta and the like will make a new Action Sack. Obviously Griffball gets its own playlist, and there’s no hint that Ricochet is coming back (we can only hope).

Every game is almost the same.

> 2533274846978810;8:
> > 2535457202768003;6:
> > If the ball games have their own playlist then please, let it be social. Oddball should be in team arena though. Also, what is Fiesta?
>
>
> Fiesta probably won’t be in this update, but it’s that Action Sack mode where you spawn with random weapons (including power weapons).
>
> I fear we’ll likely only see one new gametype (my guess is Griffball because of the already confirmed Hammer), I doubt we’ll see the whole bunch of Ball gametypes launch in February (though that would be wonderful!).
>
> Either way, I think gametypes like Assault and Oddball will be added to existing playlists (Team Arena, Social and so on), while modes like Hot Potato, Fiesta and the like will make a new Action Sack. Obviously Griffball gets its own playlist, and there’s no hint that Ricochet is coming back (we can only hope).

Fiesta will be a weekend playlist, I see it coming…prease

> 2533274846978810;5:
> > 2533274792641480;4:
> > > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> > >
> > >
> > > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
> >
> >
> > Lol, proof please.
>
>
> It’s everywhere.
>
> And besides, new gametypes and permanent playlists have nothing to do with eachother. The doubled variant already exists and for some reason the person at 343i responsible for playlists doesn’t want to make it permanent. Ball gametypes aren’t even in customs.

Still no proof?

With the new addition of the spartan charge, I would want to see a football based gametypes.

> 2533274792641480;11:
> > 2533274846978810;5:
> > > 2533274792641480;4:
> > > > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
> > >
> > >
> > > Lol, proof please.
> >
> >
> > It’s everywhere.
> >
> > And besides, new gametypes and permanent playlists have nothing to do with eachother. The doubled variant already exists and for some reason the person at 343i responsible for playlists doesn’t want to make it permanent. Ball gametypes aren’t even in customs.
>
>
> Still no proof?

He’s provided as much proof as you have for your point.
Just saying.
I’ve seen plenty of ‘screaming’ for both doubles/snipers and such being perma playlists as I have for games like oddball/koth/infection. And I’ve gotta say I’ve seen way more for the latter.

I would really like to play some grifball

> 2533274802029738;13:
> > 2533274792641480;11:
> > > 2533274846978810;5:
> > > > 2533274792641480;4:
> > > > > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > > > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > > > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Lol, proof please.
> > >
> > >
> > > It’s everywhere.
> > >
> > > And besides, new gametypes and permanent playlists have nothing to do with eachother. The doubled variant already exists and for some reason the person at 343i responsible for playlists doesn’t want to make it permanent. Ball gametypes aren’t even in customs.
> >
> >
> > Still no proof?
>
>
> He’s provided as much proof as you have for your point.
> Just saying.
> I’ve seen plenty of ‘screaming’ for both doubles/snipers and such being perma playlists as I have for games like oddball/koth/infection. And I’ve gotta say I’ve seen way more for the latter.

Fair comment, but I asked him to back it up and he couldn’t. I’m on this forum quite a lot, and haven’t seen a single thread asking for ball related game types. However, after doing a quick search, there are quite a few threads asking for this, so I concede.

I shall point out though, that team doubles also has a ton of results in the search, and that they already made a playlist then took it away again. That’s the main reason I’m not happy, it’s there and ready for us to play, and they won’t let us.

Pretty sure from what I saw everyone wanted infection considering that there has already been attempts to make infection maps and modes.

> 2533274792641480;4:
> > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> >
> >
> > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
>
>
> Lol, proof please.

Lol. You obviously don’t read any of the topics or discussions on the Halo 5 forums.

> 2533274846978810;8:
> > 2535457202768003;6:
> > If the ball games have their own playlist then please, let it be social. Oddball should be in team arena though. Also, what is Fiesta?
>
>
> Fiesta probably won’t be in this update, but it’s that Action Sack mode where you spawn with random weapons (including power weapons).
>
> I fear we’ll likely only see one new gametype (my guess is Griffball because of the already confirmed Hammer), I doubt we’ll see the whole bunch of Ball gametypes launch in February (though that would be wonderful!).
>
> Either way, I think gametypes like Assault and Oddball will be added to existing playlists (Team Arena, Social and so on), while modes like Hot Potato, Fiesta and the like will make a new Action Sack. Obviously Griffball gets its own playlist, and there’s no hint that Ricochet is coming back (we can only hope).

Hope you know the ball gametype is going to be one large gametype used to recreate Grifball, Assault, Oddball, and Ricochet. All four of these plus new ball gametypes will come next month. Think of it like how Infection is with custom games add a ball.

> 2533274831682424;17:
> > 2533274792641480;4:
> > > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> > >
> > >
> > > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
> >
> >
> > Lol, proof please.
>
>
> Lol. You obviously don’t read any of the topics or discussions on the Halo 5 forums.

Lol. You obviously don’t bother to read a thread before commenting…

> 2533274792641480;11:
> > 2533274846978810;5:
> > > 2533274792641480;4:
> > > > 2533274885506317;3:
> > > > > 2533274792641480;2:
> > > > > Yeah that figures… based on the overwhelming community feedback of “give us team doubles and snipers as permanent gametypes”, they decided to add ball. Amazing.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Huh? The community has been screaming for the ball type games since release don’t come that one.
> > >
> > >
> > > Lol, proof please.
> >
> >
> > It’s everywhere.
> >
> > And besides, new gametypes and permanent playlists have nothing to do with eachother. The doubled variant already exists and for some reason the person at 343i responsible for playlists doesn’t want to make it permanent. Ball gametypes aren’t even in customs.
>
>
> Still no proof?

These are just from the past month, people have been asking for Oddball since we knew it wasnt going to come with launch.