February 9th, 2015 Challenge

For all you completionists (like myself), who want to get 100% of all the Master Chief Collection achievements, it appears the earliest date this feat can be achieved is February 9th, 2015.

Thanks to this achievement, as long as you play a multiplayer or co-op game on November 11, 2014, you can attain 100% completion 3 month (90 days) later, which is February 9th, 2015.

Stick With It
Play a multiplayer or co-op game at least 3 months after your first game.

I’ve gotten all the Halo achievements to date (including Halo 2 Vista, Halo Spartan Assault across all four platforms, and even Marathon Durandal), so I’ve got my sights set on 4,000/4,000 GamerScore for the Master Chief Collection.

I would like to know of anyone else out there planning on tracking all these achievements down?? If so, it’d be interesting to hear your plans to get there. And if anyone remembers, post it here when you get to 100% completion of all 4,000 GamerScore on the Master Chief Collection and I’ll adjust this thread to reflect those that have completed the challenge!!

I’m totally planing on it. Didn’t think the list would be that extensive though! Still. Its definitely going to be a challenge. LASO might be the most difficult, although it’s somewhat allieviated by the bandanna skull in Halo CE and 2. Actually, since bandanna is a pre-order exclusive, does it make the skull optional? Would love to hear about that. Back OT Halo 3 might not be as difficult since brute power armor can be taken out relatively quickly with plasma weapons and most other things fall into the headshot category. Halo 4 might be the most difficult with the elite shielding, but I’m sure I’ll figure that out. Man, I am so pumped for this game.

> Stick With It
> Play a multiplayer or co-op game at least 3 months after your first game.

This one intrigued me. I’ve never seen an achievement with a time requirement like that. I wonder if it is to encourage people not to abandon the game after a month. That happens to a lot of games these days.

> > Stick With It
> > Play a multiplayer or co-op game at least 3 months after your first game.
>
> This one intrigued me. I’ve never seen an achievement with a time requirement like that. I wonder if it is to encourage people not to abandon the game after a month. That happens to a lot of games these days.

It intrigued me too for the same reasons… But that entails that the audience that 343i is appealing to for this challenge actually wants to get all of the achievements (Or at least this one). I don’t think this will have much of an effect on resale issues, because anyone willing to stick it out for three months just for an achievement was probably not going to sell it back in the first place. Just a thought, but I’ll definitely be glad to see this one pop next year on the 9th of February.

You guys can count me in. I also have all Halo achievements up to now and I will definitely get all of the MCC as well.

Also, I have seen achievements which say “play a multiplayer game X month after your first game” in at least one other game before, so I am not that stunned about that one.

Mah, I don’t like most of the achievements. They’re mostly just time consuming. Like the said challenge in the OP. What’s so difficult about that? You just need to make sure you play that game everyday.

And then the getting kills achievement. Why make them go from 50 to 100 and then all the way up to 500. Why not only the 500? And later on I saw you need 1000 kills for an achievement.

Why not just do the 500 kills and 1000? Why 50, 100, 150 etc too? Such a waste…

I hoped for some real fun challenging achievements. Not achievements which are just lame and time consuming.

Luckily there are a few good ones.

Also, the no smoking achievement. I’m assuming we have to aim our reticule on it?

> Also, the no smoking achievement. I’m assuming we have to aim our reticule on it?

Seems like it.

> Like the said challenge in the OP. What’s so difficult about that? You just need to make sure you play that game everyday.

You made some good points in your post… Except for this one- the “Stick with it,” achievement doesn’t require you to “play that game everyday,” it just means you have to record a multiplayer or co-op game at least three months after your first multiplayer or co-op game. Although I have to agree with your assessment of the progressing achievements (I.E. 50, to 100, to 150 kills) are really unnecessary, I still kinda like the “Stick with it,” achievement, because it puts a time cap on how long the earliest legitimate achievement completionists can get all 4,000 GamerScore for the MCC. Also, I’m sure it’ll feel pretty good to see this one pop after three months so to me it’s a nice change of pace from most achievements.

> > Stick With It
> > Play a multiplayer or co-op game at least 3 months after your first game.
>
> This one intrigued me. I’ve never seen an achievement with a time requirement like that. I wonder if it is to encourage people not to abandon the game after a month. That happens to a lot of games these days.

I was surprised. Sadly, it first hit me that they were that desperate… and all those matchmaking playing and winning ones?

But, if can keep up with Halo 4 for this long, and have playing and won over 700 games in that… I can’t wait to see what I’m gonna do with all four. I’ll be getting these cheevos no problem.
I think the LASO challenge is going to screw me. I can’t even survive basic Legendary. T-T

I will go for 4000/4000 if I can find a way to get 4 controllers. Otherwise I can’t get them all.

Heck ya.
If there’s any game I’ going for full score, it’s this.
Besides, it’s the first 4k game lol.

If there is LASO for Halo 2, it’s all over. That legendary difficulty was the hardest by far out of any Halo games. With LASO it will brutally -Yoink- your -Yoink- with no mercy.