Feb Update: Massive improvement?

This month we will finally receive the return of classic game types, with at least Assault, Grifball, and Fiesta confirmed and reimagined for Halo 5 mechanics.

Along with this will come the grav hammer, Grifball arena, and an updated custom games options that is now included in Forge

I’m really excited to see these changes and hopefully some new maps and good reqs as well. Does anyone else see this as a massive improvement from this month’s update and a great addition to the game?

I’m also excited for this update, I hope it’s good and that 343 doesn’t mess anything up.

this will be as great is Decembers I feel.

That sounds like we are finally getting the game we thought we was going to get when we first brought it on release day!

> 2535430931286924;4:
> That sounds like we are finally getting the game we thought we was going to get when we first brought it on release day!

Hooray!

This is definitely a good addition to the game. This will keep hardcore Halo fans entertained and draw more players by adding the distinct variety that Halo 5 currently lacks.

I feel like we should approach this update with ‘Cautious Optimism.’ I’m hoping some added variety will bring back some of the community that was lost but I’m not going to expect anything totally game changing.

> 2533274833483167;1:
> This month we will finally receive the return of classic game types, with at least Assault, Grifball, and Fiesta confirmed and reimagined for Halo 5 mechanics.

Im worried about it’s impact on other playlist’s.

Is there any links to the projected Feb update??? I’m curious as to what is confirmed already.

I love how some of you believe that this will “draw more players” and “bring back some of the community”. While we’d all love for that to happen, no game in recent history that has gone down the same path as Halo 5 has achieved that.

You can read more about it in the community update but I thought I’d sum up what is already confirmed.

I’ve been burned by 343 so many times before so I have low expectation for this update.

Here’s hoping we’ll see the new file browser 343 said they’re working on. It’ll be so much easier to do custom games with my friends if we don’t have to look up a player profile every time we hear about a new map.

> 2533275031834766;10:
> I love how some of you believe that this will “draw more players” and “bring back some of the community”. While we’d all love for that to happen, no game in recent history that has gone down the same path as Halo 5 has achieved that.

Cautious Optimism. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

> 2533274815582829;14:
> > 2533275031834766;10:
> > I love how some of you believe that this will “draw more players” and “bring back some of the community”. While we’d all love for that to happen, no game in recent history that has gone down the same path as Halo 5 has achieved that.
>
>
> Cautious Optimism. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

The unfortunate part is that (IMO) it wouldn’t be as hard to bring pro level and/or competitive players to a game (or back to a game), even if it’s been out for awhile, if you add the right content.

Casual players who just want to play for fun and enjoyment and don’t over emphasize the competitive aspects just aren’t going to stick around and wait for that to happen and I don’t see as much incentive to return if they didn’t have much enjoyment to begin with, no matter if the new content is more like what they were looking for to start with. Too little, too late.

nope. hardly even an improvement. a new map, a variantion of a warzone map we shouldve had before, and some new guns and weapon skins. no new playlists, no new gametypes, nothing of real substance.

GIFTBALL GRIFTBALL GRIFTBALL

I’ve been dying to play fiesta for the longest time now.

> 2535430774767416;16:
> nope. hardly even an improvement. a new map, a variantion of a warzone map we shouldve had before, and some new guns and weapon skins. no new playlists, no new gametypes, nothing of real substance.

That was the Janurary update, did you even read my post? I’m talking about things confirmed for the February update.

Even though I’ve enjoyed the two new maps this month.

Now we get drip fed what we should have had at the beginning. I was never a big grifballer i but I LOVED assault.