Feb update-A step in the right direction

Firstly, as some of you may know, I criticise this game in damn well near every aspect. Every. Single. Aspect.

However, this update FINALLY adds gametypes, they are bringing back the emblem colour system, and the Spartan colours (this should have been in launch, but it’s appreciated nonetheless). Further, I’m happy to see weapon skins and skins variants of armour aren’t too dominant this time around, as the last update really bloated the system (I still think this update brings too many REQs, 2 helioskrill skins for example is a bad move IMO). However it’s nice to see some brand new items that don’t look too bad, decimator helmet looks a bit…odd though, IMO. Also, from what we’ve seen, the new map won’t be a remix!

While a lot of this should have been in launch, it is clear they are trying to improve the game, it may be too late for many of us (Universtiy starts for me 4 days before this update lands) and the vast majority of my friends have either sold the game or stopped playing it. I’ll still get some time in if possible, but I’ll give praise where needed, this update is most certainly a STEP in the RIGHT DIRECTION.

For the next update, I’d like to see far less skins, and more actual NEW armour, not reskins of ugly armour (jump master, foe hammer for example). And no AR variants and such, unlocking almost all of them to only have to get more is a right pain. Further, we need some sort of online PvE. We really need it. So if 343 could atleast acknowledge that they know we want it, that’s a good start- as we need to know that we are being heard (look at the PvE warzone thread, not sure if 343 has responded to that or the huge demand on reddit).

I hope each update improves like this, it’s good to see things like this after the state this game was in at launch.

Link to the preview: Link

I can totally agree

Only took like 3 or 4 months to add more colours to the game lol cause that’s what we all wanted

Onwards & upwards hopefully!

Its hard to be thrilled about it since this stuff literally should have been here since day one, but still its nice to see they’re finally starting to make the game complete again.

CustardPoodleTK! I remember you!
Yeah, February is Probably going to be the biggest update since forge.
I only wish they added another Arena Map or two as well.

> 2728966917079826;5:
> Its hard to be thrilled about it since this stuff literally should have been here since day one, but still its nice to see they’re finally starting to make the game complete again.

I know and I agree, but it is what it is, and atleast we are getting them, albeit drop by drop monthly.

I’m pleased to see the emblems colour selection changed! Additionally, I’m looking forward to Griffball so it’s good to see that coming too. Social playlists have been requested a lot, so fiesta slayer sounds great. As for the new arena map, I can only hope it’ll live up to its expectations and not be a disappointment.

I would like to see Oddball in matchmaking though, as an addition to Team Arena and potentially as a replacement of team slayer to turn Team Arena in to Team Objective.

have they done the live stream for this update yet

> 2602973356072471;9:
> have they done the live stream for this update yet

I just read in another thread that it’s not 'til the 26th February.

> 2533274940891980;10:
> > 2602973356072471;9:
> > have they done the live stream for this update yet
>
>
> I just read in another thread that it’s not 'til the 26th February.

damn, that probably means it will be after the update releases then

> 2533274940891980;8:
> I’m pleased to see the emblems colour selection changed! Additionally, I’m looking forward to Griffball so it’s good to see that coming too. Social playlists have been requested a lot, so fiesta slayer sounds great. As for the new arena map, I can only hope it’ll live up to its expectations and not be a disappointment.
>
> I would like to see Oddball in matchmaking though, as an addition to Team Arena and potentially as a replacement of team slayer to turn Team Arena in to Team Objective.

Yes I was a little disappointed when I saw that, they should have a community playlist, like action sack, with all the random community made gamemodes (like the ones we see on YouTube).