[Feature Request] Distinct Classic Halo Forums

I think that Waypoint should return to the old organization and include three separate forum sections for Halo Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3, rather than one megasection encompassing all games. With multiple threads for different games across one section, it can be difficult to look through for one game in specific. In my opinion, the three original games are also not getting the recognition they deserve when shoved into one section.

Before the new site design came out last year all the original games did have their own forums, but the activity in each of them was all very low compare to the newer games. Combining them into 1 forum made / makes sense as it reduces the overall amount of forums we have, which is already increasing steadily again. Keeps things tidy and also helps to reduce some of the work the moderators have to do :slight_smile:

Maybe for the classic forum we could get the ability to pre-fix the title with like [HALO2] or something or be able to pick a topic icon for posts that uses the Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo3, etc. logos?

> 2533274813317074;2:
> Before the new site design came out last year all the original games did have their own forums, but the activity in each of them was all very low compare to the newer games. Combining them into 1 forum made / makes sense as it reduces the overall amount of forums we have, which is already increasing steadily again. Keeps things tidy and also helps to reduce some of the work the moderators have to do :slight_smile:
>
> Maybe for the classic forum we could get the ability to pre-fix the title with like [HALO2] or something or be able to pick a topic icon for posts that uses the Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo3, etc. logos?

Well it was a little extreme. I remember there was once one forum for CE and another for CEA. But as these are games, I think they should have their own despite the low thread count. But if not, then I think you have the next best idea with the logos.

It could work I think, might mock up a concept and see how it might look. I feel there are a little too many forums as it is right now, takes me quite a while to browse through everything. If there is one feature I miss actually, it’s a list of of the most recent topics and the forum they were posted in. That was handy