Feature idea: cross-game firefight

I was thinking earlier about the state of Firefight in Halo, and how it’s unfortunately missing from the MCC copy of ODST. So I was wondering - how (if it’s brought back) could it be made better?

I can’t remember where I heard it (maybe a Bungie ViDoc) but I remember hearing once that the inspiration for firefight was the level Truth and Reconciliation from Halo CE, when you use the Covenant ship’s gravity lift to enter its cargo bay and take on group after group of enemies from 5 of the doors around the room. So I was thinking - why not repurpose some of the most memorable moments like this from across all the games, and make them into firefight maps? Make the Firefight mode work across all the games with their original sandbox, or more realistically focus on adding Firefight to a single game engine and port the maps to it.

Of course it would be a lot of work, and it’s more a pipedream than a suggestion I really expect to happen. But even if it were a paid expansion for MCC I’d happily pay for it. It would be a great way of reintroducing Firefight - but massively adding to the number of maps it features without the need to completely design and build them all from scratch. And I think it would add yet another layer of replayability to the game.

What are your thoughts? And if Firefight was to be added back what would you want from it; just the ODST version? Would you really want the one from Reach? Would you want something new altogether?

> 2533274825890628;1:
> I was thinking earlier about the state of Firefight in Halo, and how it’s unfortunately missing from the MCC copy of ODST. So I was wondering - how (if it’s brought back) could it be made better?
>
> I can’t remember where I heard it (maybe a Bungie ViDoc) but I remember hearing once that the inspiration for firefight was the level Truth and Reconciliation from Halo CE, when you use the Covenant ship’s gravity lift to enter its cargo bay and take on group after group of enemies from 5 of the doors around the room. So I was thinking - why not repurpose some of the most memorable moments like this from across all the games, and make them into firefight maps? Make the Firefight mode work across all the games with their original sandbox, or more realistically focus on adding Firefight to a single game engine and port the maps to it.
>
> Of course it would be a lot of work, and it’s more a pipedream than a suggestion I really expect to happen. But even if it were a paid expansion for MCC I’d happily pay for it. It would be a great way of reintroducing Firefight - but massively adding to the number of maps it features without the need to completely design and build them all from scratch. And I think it would add yet another layer of replayability to the game.
>
> What are your thoughts? And if Firefight was to be added back what would you want from it; just the ODST version? Would you really want the one from Reach? Would you want something new altogether?

I like the odst version,however I want them to tweak it so the waves of enemies aren’t as predictable and expected

I would want both reach and odst firefight, I like both for diff reasons - this is an amazing idea i straight away thought about being able to forge our own firefight maps, would be pretty nice

I always used to think the Halo 2 MP map Colossus would have made a great map for some co-op PvE action.

DLC that gives a Firefight mode from all games each with their own maps from campaign sections fully customizable? How can anyone turn this offer down? I would LOVE this.

It would be cool if they remade firefight using Halo 2 Anniversary’s engine. But I figure if these type of features weren’t there from the jump, then there’s no need for them now… the closest we’ll get to firefight is if they add ODST’s version. But with the way things are sounding for the upcoming update it seems theyre just focused on bugs and new menu features so I don’t see any new modes coming yet unless they’re keeping it a surprise

If they do they need to make forgable firefight maps