Fears came true...

Looks like this writers early fears about Halo 4 are now true. We now have Call of Duty Halo Edition. I’ve played enough multiplayer now to safely say I’m not a fan of the changes. It’s a system made for personal experience and not suited for teamwork. I can’t imagine Halo veterans liking multiplayer. In the past, I’ve not been able to put down a new Halo game for days (multiplayer that is). I’ve played only about 3 hours total of Halo 4 since release. Just can’t get into this game and I can’t get over how it’s nothing but a shameless Call of Duty clone. I hope Halo 5 is a return to greatness.

http://www.nowgamer.com/columns/nowgamer-team-blog/1319457/halo_4_why_copying_call_of_duty_is_a_big_mistake.html

OK. Goodbye.

I read until I saw COD. Then I stopped. Try again. This time with less COD in post

> I read until I saw COD. Then I stopped. Try again. This time with less COD in post

If you don’t see it, you’re blind my friend.

OH the old COD fear again.

You guys are worse than Mccarthy on Communism

> I read until I saw COD. Then I stopped. Try again. This time with less COD in post

I’d also say you have a touch of the fan boy mentality. If Halo is in the title, they can do no wrong. This whole thing reminds me of the first James Bond game EA released after Goldeneye. It’s not even the same type of game. Kind of a sellout if you ask me.

It does suck in comparison to other Halo games.
Sadly, I’m a console gamer and almost all other FPS games are too gimmicky for me.
My favorite franchise, Splinter Cell, is now dead both campaign and multiplayer wise. Veterans to these game must either adapt or move on, but when the elements you must adapt to are exact copies of why you dislike certain other games, we can only shake our heads and walk away.

I miss the original Xbox days greatly.

Oh my gawd, I remember when Battlefield 3 was a COD copy and now Halo 4? You guys that “state” this copying of COD need to go play that game if you’re so fixated about it!

> Oh my gawd, I remember when Battlefield 3 was a COD copy and now Halo 4? You guys that “state” this copying of COD need to go play that game if you’re so fixated about it!

Fine, take Call of Duty out of my post and my message is the same. This is not Halo and doesn’t hold a candle to it. It’s build for personal experience so sucky players have more fun.

> > I read until I saw COD. Then I stopped. Try again. This time with less COD in post
>
> I’d also say you have a touch of the fan boy mentality. If Halo is in the title, they can do no wrong. This whole thing reminds me of the first James Bond game EA released after Goldeneye. It’s not even the same type of game. Kind of a sellout if you ask me.

This is the mentality of everyone who doesn’t like Halo 4. “Oh, if you don’t like it, you’re a blind fanboy!” Not the case. We could, for instance, simply like the game. “WHHHHAAAAAT?” you say. “It’s possible to like the game without being a fanboy?” why yes, hypothetical OP, it is. Try again, but this time don’t insult our opinions.

I have to agree. It sounded like it was going to play like CoD and now that I’ve played it my suspisions are confirmed. People who can’t see the blatant similarities have their head in the sand. The game is still fun, it just can’t be the addiction I had with past Halo games.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with 343 taking elements from a best selling game and putting it into Halo, it’s just that for me too many core fundamentals of Halo have been substitutted or canceled out. Not my cup of tea, but if that’s the way things are heading and people are happy with it, then so be it.

On the other hand, a classic playlist should be coming out soon. That’s a big plus.

OP is itching for a flame war.

If you dont like it, dont play it. No reason to come cry on the forums.

> > > I read until I saw COD. Then I stopped. Try again. This time with less COD in post
> >
> > I’d also say you have a touch of the fan boy mentality. If Halo is in the title, they can do no wrong. This whole thing reminds me of the first James Bond game EA released after Goldeneye. It’s not even the same type of game. Kind of a sellout if you ask me.
>
> This is the mentality of everyone who doesn’t like Halo 4. “Oh, if you don’t like it, you’re a blind fanboy!” Not the case. We could, for instance, simply like the game. “WHHHHAAAAAT?” you say. “It’s possible to like the game without being a fanboy?” why yes, hypothetical OP, it is. Try again, but this time don’t insult our opinions.

Oh whatever, you are mindlessly defending it. Have an original thought. What do you like about it? The new multiplayer gameplay tid-bits that so happen to be exactly like another game of the genre? What is called? Hall of Schmooty? Wait, no that’s not it. Help me out here?

Started reading until i saw CoD… K thanks bye.

> OK. Goodbye.

Yea a CoD clone… with Vehicles, balanced weaponry day 1, a story with characters that people care about, and some nice character customization.

Wouldn’t Black ops 2 be a halo-clone since its a futuristic First person shooter?

> Started reading until i saw CoD… K thanks bye.

Seems the Bungie forums are right about this place, hardheaded and close minded as all hell.

Lol, I feel the exact same way, the game is terrible

> If you dont like it, dont play it. No reason to come cry on the forums.

It’s because I was a fan of Halo that I come to the forums. These forums haven’t changed though. No one is courteous or accepts that things could be better. Mindless defense of a game in it’s original state. They aren’t going to give you a t-shirt or lanyard for your support. Call it like you see it. You’ve already given them $60.