Favourite Maps in Every Halo FPS

Simple. Three questions. (You may include the Halo Wars or Spartan games if you wish.)

• What is your favourite campaign level in each individual Halo game? (Halo 4 may include Spartan Ops) - What is your favourite small to medium multiplayer level in each Halo game? - What is your favourite medium to large multiplayer level in each Halo game? You can elaborate on each one if you’d like. No Forge-created maps.

For me, it’s always changing and never an easy choice because I love most levels in the Halo games (especially the original), but I’ll give it a go…

Halo 1:

1. Assault on the Control Room
  2. Damnation (Boarding Action close second)
  3. Sidewinder for the win!

Halo 2:

1. The Great Journey
  2. Ascension
  3. Waterworks (Zanzibar close second)

Halo 3:

1. The Ark!
  2. Guardian
  3. Sandtrap

Halo 3: ODST:

1. Mombasa Streets
  2. Windward
  3. Lost Platoon

Halo Reach:

1. Long Night of Solace
  2. Zealot
  3. Tempest (or Forge World, if it counts )

Halo 4:

1. Reclaimer
  2. Abandon (Haven close second)
  3. Exile

Halo 5:

1. Reunion
  2. Overgrowth
  3. Apex 7

Some of these were quite difficult to choose. What are your favourites?

Wow. That’s a lot of questions.

I’ll chuck it all into a nifty spoiler.

CE:

1. The Silent Cartographer
  2. Prisoner
  3. Sidewinder

Halo 2:

1. Metropolis
  2. Warlock
  3. Zanzibar? Not sure if it counts here

Halo 3:

1. The Ark
  2. Guardian
  3. Sandtrap

Halo Wars:

1. Dome of Light
  2. Beasley’s Plateau
  3. Fort Deen

ODST (I personally wouldn’t include ODST but OP did so I feel like I have to now):

1. Mombasa Streets
  2. Crater (FF)
  3. Lost Platoon (FF)

Reach:

1. Exodus
  2. Sword Base
  3. Spire

Halo 4:

1. Composer
  2. Haven
  3. Exile

Halo 5:

1. Battle of Sunaion
  2. Truth
  3. Battle of Noctus

Halo Wars 2:

1. Hold the Line
  2. Sentry (2v2)
  3. Bedrock (3v3)

> 2533274882881665;2:
> 3) Zanzibar? Not sure if it counts here

Solid list. I think it’s pretty cool to go back and try to work out your favourites for each one. You kind of remember your appreciation for them, which we sometimes take for granted.

I purposely left a little leeway with the “medium” thing. It’s up to you which maps you consider big or small. Doesn’t have to be a strictly BTB map to be big or a 2v2 map to be small. It’s whatever you perceive to be a big to medium or small to medium map.

> 2535415876049274;3:
> > 2533274882881665;2:
> > 3) Zanzibar? Not sure if it counts here
>
> Solid list. I think it’s pretty cool to go back and try to work out your favourites for each one. You kind of remember your appreciation for them, which we sometimes take for granted.
>
> I purposely left a little leeway with the “medium” thing. It’s up to you which maps you consider big or small. Doesn’t have to be a strictly BTB map to be big or a 2v2 map to be small. It’s whatever you perceive to be a big to medium or small to medium map.

I mean Zanzibar was always the biggest of the smaller maps. Although it generally used 4v4 it could totally work with any other amount of players. Even a full BTB game works on it; so it could quite easily fit into either of them.

I’m glad to see someone else likes The Ark level in Halo 3. Every time I think of Halo 3 it always goes to the end of that Scarab fight as well as ‘Tank Beats Everything!!’ marine. One of my all time favourite levels in video games in general. Used to replay the heck out of that level. Out of curiosity; what’s your favourite Halo?

Don’t remember most of the names of campaign levels , Library was great , Truth and Reconciliation…that’s about it , remember more the settings than names.
Never played much CE multiplayer , but Halo 2 had Turf , and Sanctuary , and Midship , and Elongation , Backwash ,Burial Mounds , Relic , Warlock , Ascension , Ivory Tower , Lock out.
Halo 3 , Guardian , Construct , The Pit , Valhalla (Not my favorite , but knew people would be salty if not mentioned).
These are some of the most Iconic maps in FPS history (Back wash and Burial minds I like personally , I know they are not considered with the rest for most people) , Say these names and most people who played the games will remember them instantly , I can not say the same for most if not all of the maps made for Reach or any Halo after.
I dare to say ten years or more on , most players won’t remember Reach or H4/5 maps either.

> 2533274882881665;4:
> > 2535415876049274;3:
> > > 2533274882881665;2:
> > > 3) Zanzibar? Not sure if it counts here
> >
> > Solid list. I think it’s pretty cool to go back and try to work out your favourites for each one. You kind of remember your appreciation for them, which we sometimes take for granted.
> >
> > I purposely left a little leeway with the “medium” thing. It’s up to you which maps you consider big or small. Doesn’t have to be a strictly BTB map to be big or a 2v2 map to be small. It’s whatever you perceive to be a big to medium or small to medium map.
>
> I mean Zanzibar was always the biggest of the smaller maps. Although it generally used 4v4 it could totally work with any other amount of players. Even a full BTB game works on it; so it could quite easily fit into either of them.
>
> I’m glad to see someone else likes The Ark level in Halo 3. Every time I think of Halo 3 it always goes to the end of that Scarab fight as well as ‘Tank Beats Everything!!’ marine. One of my all time favourite levels in video games in general. Used to replay the heck out of that level. Out of curiosity; what’s your favourite Halo?

The Ark is terrific.
My favourite Halo is still to this day, Halo 1. Loving The Ark is somewhat of a reflection of that. It has Halo 3’s improved gameplay, vehicles, enemies and weapon set, but the level can be directly related with Halo 1’s levels. It opens with some Truth and Reconciliation, turns into Halo, has a bit of Assault on the Control Room in there, and ends with The Silent Cartographer.

Halo CE

1. Two Betrayals
  2. Hang Em High
  3. Blood Gulch

Halo 2

1. The Great Journey
  2. Lockout
  3. This is REALLY hard to pick between Coagulation, Waterworks, and Headlong

Halo 3

1. Halo
  2. A tie between Guardian and Epitaph (with shield doors)
  3. Last Resort

Halo ODST

1. Coastal Highway
  2. Favorite Firefight Map: Alpha Site

Halo Reach

1. Lone Wolf
  2. Countdown
  3. Highlands

Halo 4

1. Midnight
  2. Haven
  3. Exile