Favourite Elite, Jackal, Hunter, and Grunt?

Make a list like this in the comments, showing your favourite version of these enemies across all games:

Elite - Halo 2: Anniversary (Love the overall sleek design and the bright colours. The ones in halo 5 are too hunched and bulky)
Jackal - Halo 5 (Shield and face look so detailed and awesome)
Hunter - Halo 4 (I liked the spikes on their backs in halo 1 though)
Grunt: Halo Reach (because of the orange triangle instead of the new, bulky blue thing)

Hopefully 343i will be able to see which variation of each covenant people liked the best. Try not to just say halo 2/3 for all of them based purely on nostalgia. Actually try and compare each one throughout each game to make your final decision. Try to also keep the comments on track, as most of these threads end up completely off topic within a few hours.

• Elite - Halo: Anniversary (Had the same varied, detailed, ornamental armor designs as in Halo Reach. Their size was intimidating yet they never felt overly monstrous or brutish. Also, their armor colors were bright and vivid, a lot better than the boring grittiness we saw in Reach. Also, they actually resembled Elites, unlike Halo 4/5.) - Jackal - Halo 4 (They seemed a lot more vicious and vile with their crocodile-like jaw, yet they still somewhat resembled normal Jackals.) - Hunter - Halo Reach/Anniversary/4 (Both versions are pretty much the same. I like them for their size and armor detail.) - Grunt - Halo Reach/Anniversary (Had more varied armor designs, but still resembled actual grunts, unlike their Halo 4 incarnation.)

Elite is probably either the Halo 4 Major style or the Halo: Reach Ultra
Jackal Halo 4 and Reach for the Skirmisher
Hunter Reach by far, they look heavier and more industrial
Grunt Halo 4

Grunts, Jackals, Hunters… all Reach. Especially the Hunter. Ideally, Elite models would be a mix between the Reach and Halo 2: Anniversary models.

Elites- halo 3, the armor variants matched their culture quite nicely
Jackal- halo 4, they were savage like in halo lore
(eating people and such)
Grunt- halo 3, I liked the armor more in halo reach, but they were hilarious in 3
Hunters- halo reach, they were much larger and more intimidating than in previous games

My favourites:

Elites: Halo 2 A
Jackals: Halo 3/ odst/ Reach
Grunts: Halo 2 A
Hunters: Halo Reach
Brutes: Halo 2 A
Drones: Halo 2 A (I guess, they almost look always the same)
Huragoks: always the same

My ideal Halo 5 has:

Swords of Sanghelios Elites: Halo 2 A
Brutes: Halo 2 A with Halo 3 armors!
Covenant Alliance Elites: Halo 4
Jackals: some Halo 4’s style and some Halo 3/ odst/ Reach’s style (Covenant Alliance)
Grunts: some Halo 4’s style and some Halo 2 A’s style (Covenant Alliance)
Hunters: Halo Reach (Covenant Alliance)
Drones: Halo 2 A (Covenant Alliance)
Huragoks: Halo 3 odst/Reach style (Covenant Alliance)

Halo Escalation is almost like that… I wonder why Halo 5 isn’t… (my MAIN concern is about the Swords of Sanghelios Elites and the Arbiter not having their mandibles style, the rest is acceptable as it is right now, but would be better if it was like “my ideal Halo 5”)

Grunt: H2 (not Anniversary).
Jackal: either Reach or H4.
Elites: either Reach or H2A
Hunters: H2A, I think.

Elite - Halo: Reach = There was so much love given to the Sangheili in the game, in terms of a variety of armour sets and ornaments. The Elites themselves look the most badass and intimidating here, which was enhanced by them getting to speak their own language in the game.

Jackal - Halo 5: Guardians = As much as I preferred the ‘Bungie’ Jackals, I have to say that the beefed-up Jackals in 4/5 look like they mean business. This is especially true of the newest evolution of their shields in Guardians - you can actually see the movement of energy around the containment field and it is much more artistically-pleasing.

Hunter - Halo: Reach = I would always fear when these guys were deployed in the missions, arguably the hardest enemies to take down, as well as the most lethal. The armour designs reached their peak with this game and the AI is ruthless against the player. With this in mind, I would call it the definitive Hunter.

Grunt - Halo: Reach = Again, I would have to give credit to the Reach Grunts - with the new addition of the Spec-Ops variant (which has made its way all the way to Halo 2: Anniversary!) and Grunt Ultras - the standard Grunts are my favourite here too. Gruntpocalypse Firefight showed just how effective these guys can be in large numbers.

Elite : Arbiter
Jackal : Dillion (Fan-Made)
Hunter : Spartan Locke
Grunt : Flip-Yap

> 2535442000045654;1:
> Make a list like this in the comments, showing your favourite version of these enemies across all games:
>
> Elite - Halo 2: Anniversary (Love the overall sleek design and the bright colours. The ones in halo 5 are too hunched and bulky)
> Jackal - Halo 5 (Shield and face look so detailed and awesome)
> Hunter - Halo 4 (I liked the spikes on their backs in halo 1 though)
> Grunt: Halo Reach (because of the orange triangle instead of the new, bulky blue thing)
>
> Hopefully 343i will be able to see which variation of each covenant people liked the best. Try not to just say halo 2/3 for all of them based purely on nostalgia. Actually try and compare each one throughout each game to make your final decision. Try to also keep the comments on track, as most of these threads end up completely off topic within a few hours.

The exact same as you, except I prefer the Halo: Reach Hunters over the Halo 4 ones.

Elite - Halo 2: Anniversary/Halo 3/Halo: Reach
Jackal - Halo 2: Anniversary/Halo 3
Hunter - Halo 2: Anniversary/Halo 4/Halo: Reach
Grunt - Halo 2 Anniversary/Halo: Reach

All the covenants in Halo 4.

Elites: Halo 2A & Halo 4
Jackals: Halo 4
Grunts: Halo 5
Hunters: Halo 5

Elites: Halo 2 Anniversary (and Reach ranks)
Jackal: Halo 4
Grunt: Halo 4
Hunter: All of them seems the same to me
Brutes: Halo 2 Anniversary
Drones: Halo 2 Anniversary

Elites - H Reach. H3 a close second.
Jacks - H3 Old design with a mean streak.
Hunter - H2 the most armored. The newer designs keep giving them smaller shields and less armor.
Grunts - H2 Blue Grunts are the best.

> 2535420173284506;2:
> - Elite - Halo: Anniversary (Had the same varied, detailed, ornamental armor designs as in Halo Reach. Their size was intimidating yet they never felt overly monstrous or brutish. Also, their armor colors were bright and vivid, a lot better than the boring grittiness we saw in Reach. Also, they actually resembled Elites, unlike Halo 4/5.)
> - Jackal - Halo 4 (They seemed a lot more vicious and vile with their crocodile-like jaw, yet they still somewhat resembled normal Jackals.)
> - Hunter - Halo Reach/Anniversary/4 (Both versions are pretty much the same. I like them for their size and armor detail.)
> - Grunt - Halo Reach/Anniversary (Had more varied armor designs, but still resembled actual grunts, unlike their Halo 4 incarnation.)

Agree with all.

I also liked the Elites from H2A multiplayer, they remind me of Halo 3 elites with more detail. Unlike the ones from H2A campaign, which looked atrocious and probably the farthest from what you would traditionally expect an elite to look like.

Those hooves…

Elite: the commanders on halo 4 looked pretty decent only came in two colours purple and green.
Grunt: the imperial armour from halo 4 with them halo 5 green lights on them and for the skin has to be halo 5 because its a mix of reach and halo 3
Hunter: Halo Reach and halo 5 tbh look like walking tanks
Jackal: halo 4 and halo 5 by far they actually look creepy and the look like they actually eat humans.

Elite: H2 anniversary or halo reach alot of coll designs and variation looked real
Jackal: halo 5 looks “scary” and real but I do like the old subspecies of jackals too
Grunt: reach halo 1 anniversary looked clean and not bulgy methane tank
Hunter: reach or halo 2 anniversary just looked intimidating and real
Brute: halo reach best of both worlds on mechanics
Drones: reach looked awesome exploded on head shot
Skrimishers: reach only option
Engineers: reach looked better more spiky
Prophets: halo 2 anniversary looked real

Favorite enemies; Everyone ever in ffa multiplayer

Elite- Halo 2: Anniversary: They look great. I just love the armor design.
Jackal- Halo 4: I just like the more reptillian design. Humanoid bird-looking aliens just isn’t right to me.
Hunter- Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary: I like the armor design and the way it covers the lekgolo near the head.
Grunt- Halo: Combat Evolved: I like the ones with the curly methane tanks. They should bring those back.