Favorite Weapon Sounds

A lot of the guns in Halo 5 sound great, but I’ve got to hand it to the Appetite for Destruction variant of the SAW. as my personal favorite.

Honorable Mentions include:

• SPNKr EX - Tactical Magnum - Grenade Launcher
    Which are your favorite weapon sounds?

(The Halo 4 Battle Rifle is not an acceptable answer)

Fine, Halo 4 BR jk jk!

But in all seriousness, my favourite weapon sounds are:

• Battle Rifle Halo 2 - 3 - Sniper Rifle CE to Reach - Halo Reach DMR - OG Rocket Launcher (excluding Halo 4’s)

> 2533275008181400;2:
> Fine, Halo 4 BR jk jk!
>
> But in all seriousness, my favourite weapon sounds are:
> - Battle Rifle Halo 2 - 3 - Sniper Rifle CE to Reach - Halo Reach DMR - OG Rocket Launcher (excluding Halo 4’s)

Oooooh! I had forgotten about the CE Sniper. I mainly focused on Halo 5’s Weapon sounds and forgot about some of the best classic ones! I remember loving the roar of the Sniper in CE when I first played it.

> 2535405449919732;3:
> > 2533275008181400;2:
> >
>
> Oooooh! I had forgotten about the CE Sniper. I mainly focused on Halo 5’s Weapon sounds and forgot about some of the best classic ones! I remember loving the roar of the Sniper in CE when I first played it.

Just verifying, is it the original sniper sound from CE all the way to Reach? I’m asking this because some of my friends think the sound of CEA is carried from the original until I told them their different from each other. They didn’t believe me until I gave them a copy of CE on PC.

Isn’t this in the H5 section. So shouldn’t this only include H5 weapons. If you can include any weapon this thread should be in the general discussion area.

My favourite sounding weapons for H5 are:-

• Tartarus’ gavel - BR55 - Suppressor - Buck’s pistol

> 2533274972430429;5:
> Isn’t this in the H5 section. So shouldn’t this only include H5 weapons. If you can include any weapon this thread should be in the general discussion area.
>
> My favourite sounding weapons for H5 are:-
> - Tartarus’ gavel - BR55 - Suppressor - Buck’s pistol

It was originally intended to be a thread completely devoted to Halo 5 weapon sounds, but I’m not going to complain if people slip a couple from previous games in here.

Also: what do you mean when you say “Buck’s Pistol”? Do you mean the Whispered Truth? The Tactical Magnum?

And yes: while the suppressor may not have the most firepower, it does have a great sound.

> 2535405449919732;6:
> > 2533274972430429;5:
> > Isn’t this in the H5 section. So shouldn’t this only include H5 weapons. If you can include any weapon this thread should be in the general discussion area.
> >
> > My favourite sounding weapons for H5 are:-
> > - Tartarus’ gavel - BR55 - Suppressor - Buck’s pistol
>
> It was originally intended to be a thread completely devoted to Halo 5 weapon sounds, but I’m not going to complain if people slip a couple from previous games in here.
>
> Also: what do you mean when you say “Buck’s Pistol”? Do you mean the Whispered Truth? The Tactical Magnum?
>
> And yes: while the suppressor may not have the most firepower, it does have a great sound.

Bucks pistol. Everyone should know he uses the gunfighter.

The Railgun sounds blunt and brutal. But I’d put my vote for the melee sounds. There’s nothing more satisfying than crunching in your foe with your bare hands.

> 2533274972430429;7:
> > 2535405449919732;6:
> > > 2533274972430429;5:
> > > Isn’t this in the H5 section. So shouldn’t this only include H5 weapons. If you can include any weapon this thread should be in the general discussion area.
> > >
> > > My favourite sounding weapons for H5 are:-
> > > - Tartarus’ gavel - BR55 - Suppressor - Buck’s pistol
> >
> > It was originally intended to be a thread completely devoted to Halo 5 weapon sounds, but I’m not going to complain if people slip a couple from previous games in here.
> >
> > Also: what do you mean when you say “Buck’s Pistol”? Do you mean the Whispered Truth? The Tactical Magnum?
> >
> > And yes: while the suppressor may not have the most firepower, it does have a great sound.
>
> Bucks pistol. Everyone should know he uses the gunfighter.

It’s not so obvious. There is that one cutscene where Buck holds up a magnum which doesn’t look like the normal magnum. It could be the gunfighter magnum, it could be a stripped down normal magnum, or it could be the Whispered Truth without the silencer.

Also, the lore states that the Whispered Truth is a custom made pistol for Buck.

“Buck’s Pistol” is not very descriptive at all. It could be pretty much any pistol in the entire game.

Not gonna lie though, they all sound great.

Halo 4’s AR, Halo 5’s DMR, and Halo 2’s BR.

> 2535429593088083;8:
> The Railgun sounds blunt and brutal. But I’d put my vote for the melee sounds. There’s nothing more satisfying than crunching in your foe with your bare hands.

I love the charge up sound of the Railgun. However I am not the biggest fan of the constant whir of a fully charged Arclight. I love the Arclight as a weapon, but the sound is annoying.

Melee sounds kind of baffle me. How can you hear an assassination all the way across the map?

Tactical magnum does sound pretty -Yoink!- now that you mention it. I like the SMG too. My personal favourite though is the rocket launcher. The impact of the rocket and reload clicks and clunks are so good. The spnkr sounds kinda flat to me, not enough UMF.

Oni chain gun and the answer
Both are similar too