Favorite Video Game soundtrack(s) Song(s)

…Other than Halo?

I’ve been listening to some video game soundtracks lately that I have not in a long time. A little-know sub-par game called Too Human has one of the best soundtracks other than Halo imo (Especially the song Epoch). Another favorite soundtrack of mine is StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty (Especially the song “I, Mengsk”
And as far as individual tracks go, here are a few stand outs to me:
The Spectre Induction Theme from Mass Effect One, It gives me chills every time I listen to it.
Gears of War 2’s Hope Runs Deep theme it’s very strong and epic. No pun intended.
Ezio’s Family from Assassins Creed 2, theme from my favorite AC game.
HM 2 from Red Alert 2, the song itself is not very good, but for me it’s nostalgic. Red Alert 2 was the first C&C I ever played and I loved the alternate history aspect of it.
What are some of your favorite video game soundtracks other than in a Halo game and why? Also, have any of you ever seen Video Games Live? I went to see it a few years back and met Jack Wall, one of the composers for Mass Effect. I also met the father of Video Games, the guy who made Pong! If you’re into video game music, it’s a worthwhile venue to attend.

Can’t go wrong with DOOM soundtrack, it gets you pumped up with Metal energy while slaying the demons of Hell! :slight_smile:

For some reason I really like the 2 Portal soundtracks

They also have good songs

I think it’s a tie between Doom’s soundtrack or Half Life’s.

I love Manabu Namiki’s soundtracks a lot. He always manages to make fantastic songs- even when they sound a bit generic, without trading atmosphere or “video game music feeling”. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy soundtracks, which are composed by him.

Some of my favourites are:
Deathsmiles IIX - The Enchanted Palace
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou - Niji
Mushihimesama Futari - Cry! Scream!!
DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu/Resurrection - Flotage (Black Label version)

cough 343 please hire him and I’ll support you forever! cough

My favourite songs from other composers include:
Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts (Depths)
Metroid Prime - The Metroid Prime Essence
eXceed3rd-JADE PENETRATE-BLACK PACKAGE - White Beelzebub (I seriously love the mixing of this song)
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes - Main Theme
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes - Quadraxis

Metroid Prime soundtracks have great atmosphere in them and they fit very well in where they are played during the games. Because of this, they are very fun to listen to and they add a lot to the spin-off series. When someone mentions the series, the first thing I remember are the beautiful soundtracks.

On the other hand, eXceed series trades atmosphere for sounding really cool and being very fun to listen as background music.

As for Video Games Live, I haven’t seen any of them outside of Youtube unfortunately. I would love to listen to a real video game concert but I haven’t heard of any video game concerts in Finland so I doupt I can go to listen to any of them.