Favorite Underplayed Map?

What are your favorite maps that seem to never see the light of day, in terms of being selected in both matchmaking and custom games?

(Can be across your friend group or the online experience at large)

Personally, I really wish people spent some more time in Sidewinder from CE and Perdition from H4. Whenever my group plays Halo CE customs I feel like I have to beg for Sidewinder to slide into rotation.

2 Likes

Longshore. Wonderfully balanced map, great for every gametype in the rotation.

4 Likes

Rats nest. Love that map wish I got it more often.

1 Like

High grounds.

I remembre seeing videos of that map back when I didn’t have and xbox and fall in love with the map.

2 Likes

sidewinder is a very good contender… and for me also a lot of h2 maps like terminal.

4 Likes

Halo CE=Boarding Action. If I reinstall Infinite I’ll remake this. Frigate that’s been ripped in half during battle and is floating in space, hazards(fire, electrical cables, coolant leaks, asteroids drifting into the debris changing the map layout etc), have some asymmetry to both halves of the map not just be mirrored, dead bodies and debris floating, risky paths to cross the abyss not just teleporting to cross. Could be better realized.

Halo 2=Backwash. Again, I’ll remake this in Forge. Hopefully they overhaul H3 Forge so we can get a version in H3 too. Areas of deep mud that slow players down. Plants that bloom & spew pollen affecting lines of sight. Heavier fog & atmosphere. Stuff like that. I’ve always loved Backwash. Would be good for Infection.

Halo 3=Longshore. It’s really nice.

2 Likes

I’d have to say Sidewinder too. When Halo CE first came out my brother and I would play 1v1 on that map. We loved how quickly you could travel from one base to the other and back. All of the power weapons and power up on the map. Such an exciting map to play in BTB.

1 Like

Epitaph for H3 and The Cage for Reach. Never gotten them in MCC, are they even in matchmaking?

1 Like

I know for sure that Epitaph rotates through H3 MM a lot (infection mostly, damn those high ledges), but I don’t play enough Reach to know if The Cage does as well.

1 Like

Containment, I found the map was really fun to play on, only ever gotten it like 2 times since H2C BTB is pretty much dead on MCC

1 Like

I’m so sad Backwash didn’t get remade for 2: Anniversary. It makes sense since it’s not a particularly iconic or popular map, but it would have been so beautiful.

2 Likes