Favorite Reach Memories

Reach is by far my favorite Halo game, my fondest memory is from The Spire, I would always get the warthog and just knock Kat off the edge over and over.

> 2535454612453040;1:
> Reach is by far my favorite Halo game, my fondest memory is from The Spire, I would always get the warthog and just knock Kat off the edge over and over.

Oh and the story is pretty nice

My favourite Reach memory is one I encountered on my first run through of the campaign on release day and as far as my knowledge goes I am the only person who has ever encountered it.

I was with Emile and I ran on ahead to where the drones spawn in the caves (this is either before or after Carter crashes into the Scarab, I can’t remember) and I ran so far ahead that the game spawned a second Emile. When I noticed two friendly markers on my motion tracker I went to investigate and I did a double take. He was still useless though.

Day one Graphic awesome in campaign and multiplayer!

My favourite moment came when i was on my last stand on lone wolf. I managed to hold on to life for 2 hours with 2 clanmates from the clan i had just joined. As we were running back to the strcture where the spartan laser spawns we were rushed by 6 sword elite generals. The member of our team usig armor lock got demolished then we decided to retreat to more open ground to take advantage of my dropshield. It was me and my team mate back to back swords and concussions at the ready. when the elites began to rush us after we managed to kill half we both got murderfied by an unseen wraith mortor shot. we were so caught up in the moment that we forgot the reason we ran to the spartan laser in the first place… our dead team mate just couldnt stop laughing as we got blasted into the dirt.

My favorite Halo Reach memory is the multiplayer games I would try to ninja people.

All during Halo Nights, had lots of other good 4v4/Multi-Team Slayer/CTF/Crazy King games over the years, but these stand out.

• 2v2v2v2v2v2 Crazy King on Pulse, won a very chaotic and close game.
  • Playing 4v4 Snipers. Lost a match as Red Team on Hemorrhage, we claimed Blue Team had an advantage on that map, they laughed at us, we switched sides for a rematch, we crushed them.
  • 4v4 Zero Bloom Slayer on Countdown. Late at night, only the best players were still playing, so those matches were pretty hardcore. Ultra tryhard mode, lots of communication, no room for fancy plays, efficiency is key. Two close matches, lost the first, won the second.

Playing the Halo Reach Beta was a real blast to play, back in the day!

Playing system link with a total of 8-10 people at my Youth Group, including the Pastor, when I went to church in my younger days. We had a game night and there was like 3 systems and TVs and we had a blast until 2-3am playing SWAT and SWAT 1 FLAG CTF. There were times when you would have thought the room was full of 12 year olds we were having soo much fun.

I also remember the first time I legit ninja’d someone. I was playing 4v4 SWAT on Midship? (I can’t remember the name…it’s the small round level in the Covenant ship) and the entire enemy team spawn locked my team on the bottom level for half the match to the point my entire team abandoned me. Soon, two people on the enemy team left and the only two that remained were a camper and a -Yoink- that did nothing but crouch hop the entire time around the upper level. I was slowly closing the gap in score when they started t-bagging me just because I was loosing. I managed to ninja one of them trying to assassinate me. I couldn’t believe it. I t-bagged him so much my joystick almost broke…not even stopping as the other teammate ran up and killed me. When my team ditched me, we were loosing about 11 to 29 at about 3 minutes into the match. By the time the match ended, I had managed to close the gap and only lost with a 37 to 45 final score when the timer ran up.

> 2533274946078881;9:
> Playing system link with a total of 8-10 people at my Youth Group, including the Pastor, when I went to church in my younger days. We had a game night and there was like 3 systems and TVs and we had a blast until 2-3am playing SWAT and SWAT 1 FLAG CTF. There were times when you would have thought the room was full of 12 year olds we were having soo much fun.
>
> I also remember the first time I legit ninja’d someone. I was playing 4v4 SWAT on Midship? (I can’t remember the name…it’s the small round level in the Covenant ship) and the entire enemy team spawn locked my team on the bottom level for half the match to the point my entire team abandoned me. Soon, two people on the enemy team left and the only two that remained were a camper and a -Yoink- that did nothing but crouch hop the entire time around the upper level. I was slowly closing the gap in score when they started t-bagging me just because I was loosing. I managed to ninja one of them trying to assassinate me. I couldn’t believe it. I t-bagged him so much my joystick almost broke…not even stopping as the other teammate ran up and killed me. When my team ditched me, we were loosing about 11 to 29 at about 3 minutes into the match. By the time the match ended, I had managed to close the gap and only lost with a 37 to 45 final score when the timer ran up.

Good job, people that spawn lock like that ruin matches so much

> 2546678360738636;8:
> Playing the Halo Reach Beta was a real blast to play, back in the day!

Anything with Reach was a blast for me, I remember playing through it with my step dad over a Christmas break

One of my favorites was completing the If they came to here me beg… achievement. You have to assassinate an elite to avoid death from a fall that would have killed you. I had to give it a few trys, but when I did it, it looked so cool, and I felt awesome! Another one of my favorite memories was ranking up to Colonel and buying the assault/breacher (shotgun shells) wrist armor which happened recently by the way. Anytime I got an assassination as revenge on someone could be considered a favorite memory for me as well. Playing 4 player split screen with friends on Forge and making our own bases then having all out forge world wars was also amazing.

> 2533274835031655;12:
> One of my favorites was completing the If they came to here me beg… achievement. You have to assassinate an elite to avoid death from a fall that would have killed you. I had to give it a few trys, but when I did it, it looked so cool, and I felt awesome! Another one of my favorite memories was ranking up to Colonel and buying the assault/breacher (shotgun shells) wrist armor which happened recently by the way. Anytime I got an assassination as revenge on someone could be considered a favorite memory for me as well. Playing 4 player split screen with friends on Forge and making our own bases then having all out forge world wars was also amazing.

Forge really helps everyone make wonderful memories

> 2535454612453040;13:
> > 2533274835031655;12:
> > One of my favorites was completing the If they came to here me beg… achievement. You have to assassinate an elite to avoid death from a fall that would have killed you. I had to give it a few trys, but when I did it, it looked so cool, and I felt awesome! Another one of my favorite memories was ranking up to Colonel and buying the assault/breacher (shotgun shells) wrist armor which happened recently by the way. Anytime I got an assassination as revenge on someone could be considered a favorite memory for me as well. Playing 4 player split screen with friends on Forge and making our own bases then having all out forge world wars was also amazing.
>
> Forge really helps everyone make wonderful memories

Oh yeah forge in Reach was great!

> 2533274946078881;9:
> Playing system link with a total of 8-10 people at my Youth Group, including the Pastor, when I went to church in my younger days. We had a game night and there was like 3 systems and TVs and we had a blast until 2-3am playing SWAT and SWAT 1 FLAG CTF. There were times when you would have thought the room was full of 12 year olds we were having soo much fun.
>
> I also remember the first time I legit ninja’d someone. I was playing 4v4 SWAT on Midship? (I can’t remember the name…it’s the small round level in the Covenant ship) and the entire enemy team spawn locked my team on the bottom level for half the match to the point my entire team abandoned me. Soon, two people on the enemy team left and the only two that remained were a camper and a -Yoink- that did nothing but crouch hop the entire time around the upper level. I was slowly closing the gap in score when they started t-bagging me just because I was loosing. I managed to ninja one of them trying to assassinate me. I couldn’t believe it. I t-bagged him so much my joystick almost broke…not even stopping as the other teammate ran up and killed me. When my team ditched me, we were loosing about 11 to 29 at about 3 minutes into the match. By the time the match ended, I had managed to close the gap and only lost with a 37 to 45 final score when the timer ran up.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about LAN parties and the memories that go with em. Halo Reach was a great game to LAN/system link with friends

It takes months to pass the mission: The Pillar of Autumn. So each section of the mission are memories of frustration XD

> 2535453079894270;16:
> It takes months to pass the mission: The Pillar of Autumn. So each section of the mission are memories of frustration XD

What difficulty were you on?

One of my many favorite moments was when I was playing swat on countdown. An inheritor(I know because he had the haunted helmet) went up the lift on the left side where I was. His back was to me and I assassinated him. I counted to 5 when I knew he would respawn and moved to the other side of the lift. Once he came up his back was to me again and you know what happened. So, I repeated what I did the first time and when he came up I assassinated him. This time in the middle of his execution he left the game. I laugh to this day.

I remember staying up for hours with my friends and making awesome custom invasion maps. We would set up some 8v8 customs invasion and would spend the weekend and days off on there!
I also vividly remember 4v4 Snipers on The Cage. Me & this guy w/ his 2 guests vs 4 randoms. The guy & his guests were betraying me and each other and I ended up booting them out. Our team was in the negatives and now it was just me against 4 players who were able to snag a few kills. I managed to make a huge combat, in the negatives, and get ahead. Had to camp a little (i was taking on 4 people after all) and I didn’t completely get a 50 point victory, but I managed to get ahead enough to where it was a decisive victory! I still really want to rewatch that match from my saved films.

Reach was my first Xbox game, I got it in 8th grade when all my friends switched from handheld Nintendo gaming systems to consoles. I recall staying up all night and my dad coming in my room and handing me a box of Pop-Tarts and a Coke at 3 AM and watching me play for a few minutes. My dad’s never been too into technology, but always enjoyed watching me play when I spent the weekend at his house. I’ve been a part of several different clans, and ended up founding my own in 2011 on Reach. Now, we’re all a bunch of friends who mainly play on PC and talk on Discord, but still play Halo every now and again. Pulling consecutive all-nighters on Team Slayer with friends from middle school and people we met online are unforgettable memories.