Favorite Maps

I was just curious to know what other people’s favorite Halo Wars maps are! Mine are as follows:
1v1: Blood River: Great scenery, well-designed map, lots of hooks (those are always fun)
2v2: The Docks: Cover, cover, and more cover! Perfect for my jet-pack brutes!
3v3: Fort Deen: Beautiful map; I love annoying my opponents by garrisoning my infantry in the energy wall hooks.
:girl::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::boy:
BONUS POINTS TO WHOEVER CAN TELL ME WHAT THE ABOVE SCENE IS DEPICTING!

Blood River is totally unbalanced map. It is extremely hard to beat good Brute Chieftain on that map with UNSC. So… it definitely is not “well-designed map”. I agree that the scenery is great.

1v1 would be blood river despite many flaws
2v2 barrens, I love that map.
3v3 I am fine with all the maps no preference.

> 2v2 barrens, I love that map.

What the…?

1v1 : chasms/blood gulch
2v2 : repository/docks
3v3 : frozen

> 1v1 : chasms/blood gulch
> 2v2 : repository/docks
> 3v3 : frozen

> I was just curious to know what other people’s favorite Halo Wars maps are! Mine are as follows:
> 1v1: Blood River: Great scenery, well-designed map, lots of hooks (those are always fun)
> 2v2: The Docks: Cover, cover, and more cover! Perfect for my jet-pack brutes!
> 3v3: Fort Deen: Beautiful map; I love annoying my opponents by garrisoning my infantry in the energy wall hooks.
> :girl::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::ocean::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::boy:
> BONUS POINTS TO WHOEVER CAN TELL ME WHAT THE ABOVE SCENE IS DEPICTING!

1’s: Tundra and release, I love the gimmicky hooks both have.
2’s: Terminal Moraine, Docks & Beasley’s Plateau <- +10 pop hook makes it unique which i like
3’s: Fort Deen, Glacial Ravine :slight_smile:

I like Fort Deen, even map with no extra reactors so no one has an advantage.

I lack the DLC so with that in mind;-

1v1 - Blood Gluch. The hooks offer a lot more mixing up than the other maps do, plus the map is pretty big. This would be a problem if they didn’t solve the non existent problem by putting in the teleporters. Yes, the resources are annoying, but all you have to do is find out which side you’re on and problem solved =)

2v2 - The Docks. This one’s hard; there’s not one map that I dislike for any reason wse, but I love how plain the Docks is. No hooks, bar the rarely used towers, free expand slot (Though it is dangerous), tricky rebel bases so noobs trying to get vetted can be taken down while they try to grab a heal, and ofc we all love turtlin’ =)

3v3 - No way will I be able to make up my mind…
Exile, always changing tactics with the available hooks, Covy can decide the game within the first 3 minutes by denying quick expansions, and turret rushing the 1st ring as Cutter’s priceless.
Frozen Valley, the heal works great for Covy, such an open area, hooks kind of unbalanced but meh (Just kill the turret with your infantry BEFORE you put them in there, great atmosphere, I just enjoy the feel of the game when I play that level, scarabs on the walls hehe, I believe it’s been coined “The bermuda triangle” turtle is always fun against noobs and bks alike.
Fort Deen, used to be my favourite until I got my lieutenant and discovered the power of hooks, the basicness (Not a word -_-) of the map means that it’s almost all down to skill, as oppose to who can grab the reactors faster, starting bases are awesome, so close together, walls are great for defense as two RPG marines can hold off three tanks, only very slight unbalances (Locust and Vortex abuse available on one side(ADD MORE IF I’M WRONG =)),and it was the first map I ever played, ever, so it’s got the nostalgic vote as well I guess.

While some of the maps are a little unbalanced in some respects, I actually have to say that there’s a nice little variety, and even though the map count of the game doesn’t even reach 20 even with the DLC, there’s a reason I still play it, and that’s because they’re imaginitive and fun =)

I’ve always thought about the mission “Repairs”, that was done on top on top of the SoF, how cool would a multiplayer map based on that be? Pretty cool is the correct answer…

frozen valley w/ reactor as prophet->even 2x covy have no chance of inflicting any damage OR getting air lead

The Docks
Fort Deen

those are by far my favorite

> frozen valley w/ reactor as prophet->even 2x covy have no chance of inflicting any damage OR getting air lead

Trollin? The amount of money you put in the get your prophet flying could easily be spent on a vamp to stop him instantly…Explain if I’m missing something =)

> I lack the DLC so with that in mind;-

You should get the DLC Maps.

They’re fun

> > frozen valley w/ reactor as prophet->even 2x covy have no chance of inflicting any damage OR getting air lead
>
> Trollin? The amount of money you put in the get your prophet flying could easily be spent on a vamp to stop him instantly…Explain if I’m missing something =)

Same build but for Arby would be better i think. If the enemy have no Dbombs then the Arby may as well be god.