Favorite Loadout Weapon?

Ten-Hut!
Hey Marines, theirs plenty of loadout weapons in Halo 5… so what’s your favorite of them all? And when I say ‘all’ I mean: All variations of each Loadout weapon.

For me it’s gotta be the Halo 2 Battle Rifle:
It’s quick rate of fire, it’s scope and it looks great.

(It shouldn’t be called the 'Halo 2’ Battle Rifle by the way.
Just call it the Covenant War Era BR)

So Marines, what’s your favorite Loadout Weapon in all of Halo 5 Guardians?

> 2535416010022389;1:
> (It shouldn’t be called the 'Halo****2’ Battle Rifle by the way.
> Just call it the Covenant War Era BR)

It’s called the Halo 2 BR because the variant you use in Halo 2 is not the same variant you use in Halo 3, and the gun play is evident of that. Halo 2’s BR is the BR55 Service Rifle, while the Halo 3 variant is the BR55 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle, and both perform differently from one another, with Halo 2’s being a lot easier to use, so it makes more sense to identify it by the game it came from. Halo 3’s doesn’t possess the same amount of magnetism as Halo 2’s, and you have to lead your shots more.

With that said, the Halo 5 default, (or extended mag), Magnum gets my vote for favorite loadout weapon. The Halo 2 BR is a close second though.

My favorite loadout weapon is either the BR, DMR, or H2 BR.

> 2533274800168045;2:
> It’s called the Halo 2 BR because the variant you use in Halo 2 is not the same variant you use in Halo 3, and the gun play is evident of that. Halo 2’s BR is the BR55 Service Rifle, while the Halo 3 variant is the BR55 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle, and both perform differently from one another, with Halo 2’s being a lot easier to use, so it makes more sense to identify it by the game it came from. Halo 3’s doesn’t possess the same amount of magnetism as Halo 2’s, and you have to lead your shots more.

Oh, okay that makes sense but its still a Covenant War era Battle Rifle, just not the only one.
My big problem is the words ‘Halo 2’, they always seemed a little weird to me, like why are the UNSC weapons officials calling a weapon after a gun that was in 500 year old video game?
I guess it’s just for the players benefit…

> 2535416010022389;4:
> > 2533274800168045;2:
> > It’s called the Halo 2 BR because the variant you use in Halo 2 is not the same variant you use in Halo 3, and the gun play is evident of that. Halo 2’s BR is the BR55 Service Rifle, while the Halo 3 variant is the BR55 Heavy Barrel Service Rifle, and both perform differently from one another, with Halo 2’s being a lot easier to use, so it makes more sense to identify it by the game it came from. Halo 3’s doesn’t possess the same amount of magnetism as Halo 2’s, and you have to lead your shots more.
>
> Oh, okay that makes sense but its still a Covenant War era Battle Rifle, just not the only one.
> My big problem is the words ‘Halo 2’, they always seemed a little weird to me, like why are the UNSC weapons officials calling a weapon after a gun that was in 500 year old video game?
> I guess it’s just for the players benefit…

I guess speaking from a canonical standpoint, seeing the words “Halo 2” or “Halo CE” in a simulation is a bit jarring and I can definitely agree that it wouldn’t make sense, but I’ve always been one to kind of stand a little farther away from making the Multiplayer canon alongside the story, aside from the maps we play on being given lore based descriptions. I’d rather just keep things simple for the sake of keeping the Multiplayer mostly about game play. The only area that I could get upset for a previous game being mentioned would be in the Campaign.

There’s a similar thread that’s already focused on this.

I like the AR, I know its not the best weapon in the game but I just like how it looks and sounds.

I’d have to give it to the Morph AR because it’s my most used load out.