Favorite Halo Quote

Mine is “Finishing This Fight” -Master Cheif (Halo 2)

1 Like

I won’t state it as that would take probably take five long years.

I know what the ladies like

• Avery Johnson
4 Likes

SGT. Johnson “We’ve got enough to worry about without you two trying to kill each other”

Arbiter “Were it so easy”

“Recalling surface squads so we can all die together. Aye, sir.”

“I can see it crawling, sliding around beneath their skin!”

My favourite is one from the book Ghosts of Onyx.

Context: Kurt-051 (a Spartan-II who ONI faked his death to have him train the Spartan-IIIs) was gravely wounded. He was protecting some Spartan-IIIs and Blue Team (minus John), Halsey and Mendez from an amassing Covenant force chasing them into Onyx’s Dyson sphere (its hard to explain what it is without being really technical but it’s Forerunner technology). When the Elites closed in on him and began to taunt him, one said about him dying, this is what led to the quote, his reply was:

“Die? Didn’t you know? Spartans never die”

He then set off havok nukes to blow himself, the entrance to the Dyson sphere and all the amassing Seperatist Covenant Forces up. This quote has forever stuck with me and will forever be my favourite. It also cemented the Spartans as legends in my eyes too with how they sacrifice their life to save others

I think it’s a toss-up between these two for me-

“This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded. This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded.” -The Gravemind speaking of John 17 and Thel 'Vadam

“Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer.”-The Gravemind speaking to Cortana

“Child of my enemy why have you come? I offer you no forgiveness.” Gravemind Halo 3.

“…JUST DUSTIN ECHOES”

I can never get that out of my head during the final cutscene in Halo CE.

1 Like

“You humans sought the Didact… you will have him.”

1 Like

“Chief!” - Kortanaum

Prophet of Truth, Halo 3: You are all of you vermin! Thinking what, I wonder; that you might escape the coming fire? No, your world will burn until it’s surface is but glass, and not even your demon will live to creep, blackened from it’s hole to martyr flesh from it’s passage. The culmination of our journey for your destruction is the will of the Gods and I? I. AM. THEIR. INSTRUMENT.

“Dear humanity: We regret being alien yoinks. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-yoink fleet!” “Hoo-rah!”

Runners-up:

“I? I am a monument to all your sins.”
“Oh, I know what the ladies like.”
“If they came to hear me beg, they will be disappointed.”
“Kill me or release me, parasite. But do not waste my time with talk!”
“Half-wit insects! The Prophets use you like they used me! Reject their lies! Rebel, or all your hives will perish!”
“Wretched parasite! Rise up and I will kill you! Again and again!”
" I…am… Truth! The voice of the Covenant!" “And so, you must be silenced!