Favorite Elite Model

Which game do you think had the best appearance for Elites? Halo 3 is definitley my choice. They are too freaky looking in Reach, as for Halo 4, they look better but still have the Reach armor. Nothing wrong with it, but it’s not the way they looked in Halo 3.

They look fine in Reach, the armor is the only real difference, which I don’t have an opinion on. Halo 4 though they look absolutely horrid to me, 343i almost completely changed their whole physiology :confused: The skull is all wrong and their feet are absolutely humongous…anyways, my favorite model of Elite is the one we’ve had all throughout the games Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, Halo Wars, ODST…every game but Halo 4, they just look all wrong in that last one >_>

Halo 3’s Elites were the bomb. they weren’t twice the height of a spartan, and had cool looking armor (the aescetic shoulder’s which took forever to get, look awesome). plus their standard combat helmet looked LEGIT.I hated Reach’s Elites because they had pitch black eyes (Halo 3’s had orange eyes. They looked like they actually had souls), their mouth wasn’t all weird,and they looked more intelligent. Not to mention they looked like warriors, and had high tech looking armor with lights. In Reach they had ceremonial armor that glowed. That’s really it.

Halo CE Elites=Alien monsters, not intelligent.

Halo 2 Elites: Dang, these guys think. I thought they were brain dead. Still drive as bad as marines though.

Halo 3 Elites: Yeah, we’ve got nothing on these guys. They are smarter, and at times even funnier than us…marines I think we’ve been replaced.

Halo Reach: Back to dumb alien monster

Halo 4: Smart alien monsters, but are too pissed off at humanity to think.

Halo reach, they looked vicious and powerful, as they should.
Halo 1-3 they looked too streamlined and compact.
Halo 4, they just look bad, but their armor is cool.
Halo wars, they were simply too brutish.

So yeah, i prefer halo reach’s elites.

> Halo reach, they looked vicious and powerful, as they should.
> Halo 1-3 they looked too streamlined and compact.
> Halo 4, they just look bad, but their armor is cool.
> Halo wars, they were simply too brutish.
>
> So yeah, i prefer halo reach’s elites.

Too streamlined? My largest complaint in changes to their design was whenever they were bulked up. They’re supposed to look streamlined and agile, at least in my opinion. We have brutes for bulk and brute strength.

Elites should look quick, intelligent and skilled with a certain predatory leanness and strength.

> Halo 3’s Elites were the bomb. they weren’t twice the height of a spartan, and had cool looking armor (the aescetic shoulder’s which took forever to get, look awesome). plus their standard combat helmet looked LEGIT.I hated Reach’s Elites because they had pitch black eyes (Halo 3’s had orange eyes. They looked like they actually had souls), their mouth wasn’t all weird,and they looked more intelligent. Not to mention they looked like warriors, and had high tech looking armor with lights. In Reach they had ceremonial armor that glowed. That’s really it.
>
> Halo CE Elites=Alien monsters, not intelligent.
>
> Halo 2 Elites: Dang, these guys think. I thought they were brain dead. Still drive as bad as marines though.
>
> Halo 3 Elites: Yeah, we’ve got nothing on these guys. They are smarter, and at times even funnier than us…marines I think we’ve been replaced.
>
> Halo Reach: Back to dumb alien monster
>
> Halo 4: Smart alien monsters, but are too pissed off at humanity to think.

Yeah, the writing for them in Halo 3 was pretty good. I loved having them along side marines, it just was awesome.

Halo 3 Elites are my favs.But the honor guard’s have my favorite armor.I wanted to use that model sooo bad.

> > Halo reach, they looked vicious and powerful, as they should.
> > Halo 1-3 they looked too streamlined and compact.
> > Halo 4, they just look bad, but their armor is cool.
> > Halo wars, they were simply too brutish.
> >
> > So yeah, i prefer halo reach’s elites.
>
> Too streamlined? My largest complaint in changes to their design was whenever they were bulked up. They’re supposed to look streamlined and agile, at least in my opinion. We have brutes for bulk and brute strength.
>
> Elites should look quick, intelligent and skilled with a certain predatory leanness and strength.

Well, streamlined may not be the correct term. The halo 1-3 elites design is old, i am tired of seeing it and it just seems to plain.

The Reach ones were streamlined, thing is that the elites seemed larger because your character was smaller.