Favorite controller setups + elite controller

Ok I’ve always played with halo default settings since I got the og xbox and halo ce at launch. But today I just recieved in the mail a series 2 elite controller and for the first time am a little curious about the other settings. Please respond with a brief description, what control scheme you like, comboed with what elite button profile you like. As well as a generalized reason why you prefer this, pros and cons, etc

I’m sort of like you, in that I’ve always run with default settings. So when I got my elite controller, being older and set in my ways, I stayed with default but added two paddles - one paddle for jump and one paddle for crouch.

This was a relatively easy adjustment and has given me some improvement, but I know I’m not getting the optimum benefits from the elite controller.

I could advance to adding the other two paddles…but…old and set in my ways. :slight_smile:

> 2533274843056602;2:
> I’m sort of like you, in that I’ve always run with default settings. So when I got my elite controller, being older and set in my ways, I stayed with default but added two paddles - one paddle for jump and one paddle for crouch.
>
> This was a relatively easy adjustment and has given me some improvement, but I know I’m not getting the optimum benefits from the elite controller.
>
> I could advance to adding the other two paddles…but…old and set in my ways. :slight_smile:

As of now I got 2 paddles set to the left/right d pad for quick nade swaps. That way I can always have the right one set without having to take my thumb off movement. Having crouch set to one sounds like a good idea

I’ve played bumper jumper since halo 3, and I would never go back after getting comfortable with it. I have an elite controller, but only use one paddle on each side. I tried using 4 paddles, but I kept accidentally hitting the wrong one because they are so close together. I use thruster on my left paddle and sprint on the right. I never have to take my thumb off of the joysticks during action.