Favorite Character

Halo as a universe is HUGE. The many stories and books written by great Science Fiction authors make it even larger.

And with its immensity comes complexity. To hold that complexity together you need characters to drive the story along. Every character has a purpose, no matter how small that purpose may seem.

There are the huge, product-selling characters like John-117, the Arbiter, and Cortana. There were the obscure characters who had a profound impact on our experiences, like Sadie in ODST and Auntie Dot in Reach.

You have Sergeant Johnson’s comic relief in grave situations, Captain Keye’s total awesomeness, and Noble Team’s willingness to pick a fight.

There are so many to like, but you must have some soft spot deep in your heart reserved for your favorite character! I’d imagine many would respond Master Chief, but was he really the one that you ended up liking the most?

My favorite character would have to be 343 Guilty Spark. His complexities were immense, but that’s why I loved him so much. I mean, sure he killed Sgt. Johnson and almost killed the Chief, but the two probably wouldn’t have made it off the first Halo Ring had the oracle not helped them along. The manic personality was probably one of the reasons I kept with the Halo series, and I really missed it in ODST and Reach.

So yes. Who would be your favorite character?

Very nicely written.

I don’t have a favourite. I have 3 favourites.

John, Kelly and Jai. Luck, speed and guile. Leader, fighter and loner. Heart, soul and absence of soul. The Minbari tell us everything is in 3s for balance. Through them, I find it.

Johnson has to be there for pure humour value. I won’t put 117 down because his character was never developed like it should have been in the games. So my other two have to be the Arbiter and Cortana. Sadly I haven’t found any of the books yet.

Sam and Jorge, their deaths were quite similar and both were big guys. :slight_smile:

The gold Elite behind the door on Silent Cartographer :slight_smile:

> The gold Elite behind the door on Silent Cartographer :slight_smile:

Good times…

Rtas 'Vadum.

Reasoning :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s all between the arbiter, Sergeant Johnson, or the chief.

captain keyes

> Very nicely written.
>
> I don’t have a favourite. I have 3 favourites.
>
> John, Kelly and Jai. Luck, speed and guile. Leader, fighter and loner. Heart, soul and absence of soul. The Minbari tell us everything is in 3s for balance. Through them, I find it.

Thanks for the compliment! I thought I’d start my first days on the forums out on the right foot.

And I’m loving the variety in everyone’s choices!

This is all I can think of off the top of my head. =]

Games:

Halo 1, 2 and 3: Master Chief.
ODST: Rookie.
Reach: Kat + Carter.

Books:

Fall Of Reach: Master Chief.
Ghosts of Onyx: Kurt.

Hmm… their names elude me but the ODSTs in The Flood that fight on the Halo rings are some of my favorite characters. I don’t know if I have an absolute favorite, though.

I also love 343 Guilty Spark. I am always left wondering what logic and thoughts are rushing through is little mechanical brain. He’s so unpredictable :slight_smile:

spartans from halo wars were kreaking awesome even if they didnt talk that much, after them i would say forge

Jorge 052, Thel 'Vadam, and Avery Johnson.

It is so hard for me to choose their are so many that I love.

Thel Vadam, hands down. A noble and seemingly invincible warrior.

Main characters - Thel Vadam, Master Chief & Cortana, Johnson…

Secondary - Linda, Sam & Buck

Short stories - Henry (The Mona Lisa) & Jonah (Headhunters short story)

AI - Mack (Contact Harvest), 343 Guilty Spark

I know there are lots there… but I just cant choose…

I would rate Buck as my favorite, and to be somewhat selfindulgent … my Six :slight_smile:

Cortana, all the way, granted that in H3 she did get a bit on my nerves with the constant dialoge and popping in the screen while slowing down the game as if in slow motion.

Still i like the design and the fact that she is not just another generic AI but she seems to really have a life of her own even if she is an artificial being.

Thel Vadam.
No Question about it i LOVE the cutscene in Halo 3 where he says its an even fight and they are outnumbered 3 to 1.