Favorite Blue Team Member

I have excluded Master Chief. Who are you most excited to play as on Blue Team other than MC!

Linda so I can snipe like a boss.

> 2533274832290972;2:
> Linda so I can snipe like a boss.

Agreed Philly! I can’t wait to start with sniper all the time!

Fred he’s better than chief at everything except leading sigh.

> 2533274976108236;4:
> Fred he’s better than chief at everything except leading sigh.

It’s funny, because he’s the leader of Blue team. But Chief is better at it so Chief leads.

I voted Kelly, I can’t wait to sprint quickly up to enemies and shotgun their face.

Kelly-087, for a multitude of reasons I will never get tired of listing…

As the fastest Spartan (which makes her without a doubt the fastest human alive in the Halo Universe), it is often Kelly’s job to scout ahead and/or act as live bait to distract enemies. The Master Chief himself notes that she can be “scary” when provoked into using her full speed against an opponent. Her speed also applies to her mental capacity as well - able to figure things out and complete tasks that require problem solving much quicker than the average person. This makes her adept at working with both weapons and tech, and she often served as her team’s “hacker” during missions as well the “rabbit”. She was also the first Spartan to successfully interact with and manipulate Covenant technology (by using a keypad to open a door on a Covenant ship).

Kelly-087′s role as the scout on Blue Team has always been highly important to her team’s strategies, as well as highly dangerous. However, this inherent risk seems tempered by Kelly’s uncanny ability to refuse to die. She has been gravely injured on multiple occasions, but always managed to pull through and keep on fighting. She also seems to have a super-human level of tolerance for pain (even for a super-soldier). At one point during the battle for Reach her internal injuries were so bad that Dr. Halsey was even amazed at Kelly’s survival. And even before she was ever active in the field, Kelly also survived the augmentation procedures that took the lives of nearly half of her fellow Spartan-II trainees - in spite of the fact she was at death’s door during the initial recovery process.

In science-fiction, female characters that can keep up with (let alone outdo) their male counterparts are hardly common. But Kelly is unquestionably treated as an equal to the men she works with (something Halo has always done extremely well with it’s female characters). She went through the same training, the same augmentations, and wears the same armor as her male counterparts. But that doesn’t mean she is any less of a woman either. She is described as being beautiful and has shown an acute awareness of her own femininity several times all without it being seen as (or used as) a handicap. She is also known for always being confident in herself, and in her teammates.

Kelly serves as a great counter-argument to those that would simply write-off Spartan-IIs as emotionless killing machines. She has shown herself to be incredibly emotional and empathetic, while still retaining a high level of focus and control when in the field. In general Kelly has a rather jovial demeanor, and she has been noted as being one of the few Spartans who will question orders. She speaks very candidly, often cracks jokes, and openly voices her worries and concerns. She also obviously has a strong drive to protect the people close to her.

Speaking of, another awesome thing about Kelly is how she is such a loyal friend and teammate. It takes a pretty unique disposition for a Spartan-II to function best as a lone wolf, like Linda-058 does. And it takes great strength of character for someone shoulder the burden of leadership, like John-117 and Fred-104 have done. But I think it takes a whole other level of strength to be the kind of person your leaders/friends can rely on and look to for support - and that is the role Kelly has always filled without fail. She is John’s best friend and his nearly constant right-hand on Blue Team for this very reason. Kelly supports her team leaders both on and off the battlefield, and always defends those she trusts when others might doubt them. She also served as Fred’s second-in-command during the ill-fated Battle of Reach - and when he made a rather grievous mistake right out of the gate, she outright lied to cover for him in order to keep up the team’s faith in him. She stood up for Lucy-B091 when her muteness was brought up as a potential hindrance to the Spartans’ ability to coordinate as a team. And even after Dr. Halsey drugged Kelly and took her to Onyx without her knowledge or permission when her teammates needed her the most, she was still the only Spartan that spoke up on the Doctor’s behalf when Halsey was being taken into UNSC custody for war-crimes.

Also can we just note how OPERATIONS: HEMORRHAGE and PALE SHADOW are things that happened as well?

And then there was that one time Kelly-087:

• Threatened to beat up John-117 their second day of training. - Had to be restrained by 3 drill instructors when having her head shaved. - Thrashed her other Spartan-II trainees with rock-laden snowballs. - Knocked out a full grown man at the age of 8. - Saved the Forerunner data-crystal containing information that would lead to the discovery of Installation 04. - Took out a hunter pair by herself using a disabled Banshee and a single plasma grenade. - Took a direct blast from a Hunter’s cannon in order to protect Dr. Halsey and lived. - Outran a pair of attacking Forerunner Sentinels…after flipping them the bird. - Confronted three Zealot-class Elites at the same time and punched one in the face then broke his hand to steal his energy-sword, and then proceeded to cut all three Elites in half with it. - Took on the Didact head-on with nothing but a scattershot - and even then he was unable to physically strike her.TL;DR: Kelly is a total badass, is funny, unique, and just downright interesting and one of the best characters in the Halo Universe - hands down. She really is the perfect example of just how human a Spartan-II can be. And I absolutely cannot wait to see her in action in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’!

(Lol. I’ve probably copy/pasted this in 3 “who’s your fave on Blue Team” polls so far - but idgaf, I feel like it needs to be said every time. XD)

Kelly with Fred as a close second.

Kelly, as John’s longest surviving friend. Linda is cool too. I couldn’t care less about Fred.
I’ve read a few Halo novels but in my opinion The Fall of Reach is the Halo novel. I can hardly picture Blue Team being anything other than John, Linda, Kelly, and Sam. Maybe Halo 5 will change that for me, maybe not.

Kelly.

Tied between Linda and Fred.

Why not all three?

I picked Kelly. Not only is she the fastest spartan, but super tough. Not only that but after augmentation i recall her not likely to survive, but eventually pulled through.

Plus threatening John their first day of boot camp at age 6 doesnt help.

I’m liking the Kelly thoughts… I’m excited to see how speed runners use her to try and get even better times on missions!

Fred is the superior Spartan on that team by being the second best at everything. I love that knife-wielding -Yoink-.

> 2533274920039666;6:
> <strong data-wr_replaced=“true”>Kelly-087**, for a multitude of reasons I will never get tired of listing…
>
> As the fastest Spartan (which makes her without a doubt the fastest human alive in the Halo Universe), it is often Kelly’s job to scout ahead and/or act as live bait to distract enemies. The Master Chief himself notes that she can be “scary” when provoked into using her full speed against an opponent. Her speed also applies to her mental capacity as well - able to figure things out and complete tasks that require problem solving much quicker than the average person. This makes her adept at working with both weapons and tech, and she often served as her team’s “hacker” during missions as well the “rabbit”. She was also the first Spartan to successfully interact with and manipulate Covenant technology (by using a keypad to open a door on a Covenant ship).
>
> Kelly-087′s role as the scout on Blue Team has always been highly important to her team’s strategies, as well as highly dangerous. However, this inherent risk seems tempered by Kelly’s uncanny ability to refuse to die. She has been gravely injured on multiple occasions, but always managed to pull through and keep on fighting. She also seems to have a super-human level of tolerance for pain (even for a super-soldier). At one point during the battle for Reach her internal injuries were so bad that Dr. Halsey was even amazed at Kelly’s survival. And even before she was ever active in the field, Kelly also survived the augmentation procedures that took the lives of nearly half of her fellow Spartan-II trainees - in spite of the fact she was at death’s door during the initial recovery process.
>
> In science-fiction, female characters that can keep up with (let alone outdo) their male counterparts are hardly common. But Kelly is unquestionably treated as an equal to the men she works with (something Halo has always done extremely well with it’s female characters). She went through the same training, the same augmentations, and wears the same armor as her male counterparts. But that doesn’t mean she is any less of a woman either. She is described as being beautiful and has shown an acute awareness of her own femininity several times all without it being seen as (or used as) a handicap. She is also known for always being confident in herself, and in her teammates.
>
> Kelly serves as a great counter-argument to those that would simply write-off Spartan-IIs as emotionless killing machines. She has shown herself to be incredibly emotional and empathetic, while still retaining a high level of focus and control when in the field. In general Kelly has a rather jovial demeanor, and she has been noted as being one of the few Spartans who will question orders. She speaks very candidly, often cracks jokes, and openly voices her worries and concerns. She also obviously has a strong drive to protect the people close to her.
>
> Speaking of, another awesome thing about Kelly is how she is such a loyal friend and teammate. It takes a pretty unique disposition for a Spartan-II to function best as a lone wolf, like Linda-058 does. And it takes great strength of character for someone shoulder the burden of leadership, like John-117 and Fred-104 have done. But I think it takes a whole other level of strength to be the kind of person your leaders/friends can rely on and look to for support - and that is the role Kelly has always filled without fail. She is John’s best friend and his nearly constant right-hand on Blue Team for this very reason. Kelly supports her team leaders both on and off the battlefield, and always defends those she trusts when others might doubt them. She also served as Fred’s second-in-command during the ill-fated Battle of Reach - and when he made a rather grievous mistake right out of the gate, she outright lied to cover for him in order to keep up the team’s faith in him. She stood up for Lucy-B091 when her muteness was brought up as a potential hindrance to the Spartans’ ability to coordinate as a team. And even after Dr. Halsey drugged Kelly and took her to Onyx without her knowledge or permission when her teammates needed her the most, she was still the only Spartan that spoke up on the Doctor’s behalf when Halsey was being taken into UNSC custody for war-crimes.
>
> Also can we just note how OPERATIONS: HEMORRHAGE and PALE SHADOW are things that happened as well?
>
> And then there was that one time Kelly-087:
> <ul data-wr_replaced=“true”><li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Threatened to beat up John-117 their second day of training.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Had to be restrained by 3 drill instructors when having her head shaved.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Thrashed her other Spartan-II trainees with rock-laden snowballs.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Knocked out a full grown man at the age of 8.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Saved the Forerunner data-crystal containing information that would lead to the discovery of Installation 04.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Took out a hunter pair by herself using a disabled Banshee and a single plasma grenade.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Took a direct blast from a Hunter’s cannon in order to protect Dr. Halsey and lived.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Outran a pair of attacking Forerunner Sentinels…after flipping them the bird.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Confronted three Zealot-class Elites at the same time and punched one in the face then broke his hand to steal his energy-sword, and then proceeded to cut all three Elites in half with it.[/li]
> <li data-wr_replaced=“true”>Took on the Didact head-on with nothing but a scattershot - and even then he was unable to physically strike her.[/li]
> [/list]<strong data-wr_replaced=“true”>TL;DR**: Kelly is a total badass, is funny, unique, and just downright interesting and one of the best characters in the Halo Universe - hands down. She really is the perfect example of just how human a Spartan-II can be. And I absolutely cannot wait to see her in action in <em data-wr_replaced=“true”>‘Halo 5: Guardians’*!
>
> (Lol. I’ve probably copy/pasted this in 3 “who’s your fave on Blue Team” polls so far - but idgaf, I feel like it needs to be said every time. XD)

Yeah but does she spawn with a Sniper Rifle?

I’m kidding. Kelly’s my choice too.

> 2533274976108236;4:
> Fred he’s better than chief at everything except leading sigh.

Fred isn’t confirmed to be superior to Chief in any any area (except sniping and close-combat). All we have to go on is Chief’s suspicion that Fred could’ve won more of the Spartans’ training exercises if he wanted.

It just seems odd to me that both Halsey and Cortana would consider John to be the best of the Spartans if he was only superior to Fred for being a slightly better leader.

man after the books its a tough choice, its a fat tie. from birth until halo 5, i just cant pick one.

All of them have their attributes that make them good.

Fred - A natural Leader and CQC master
Kelly - A recon badass
Linda - Only the best sniper in the universe!

I can’t wait to see Blue Team’s in-game face renders. And to see how they are voiced and how they are developed and portrayed.

All of them because all three are badass

All 4, but I have to say, linda is my favourite (after chief of course)