Favored Spartans

Hi all! TheHaloMusician here to ask your favorite spartan! post for Carter, Emile, Kat, Jun, or Jorge and why! Noble Six does NOT count! my favorite is Emile because he is a badass and just plain awesome!

> Hi all! TheHaloMusician here to ask your favorite spartan! post for Carter, Emile, Kat, Jun, or Jorge and why! Noble Six does NOT count! my favorite is Emile because he is a badass and just plain awesome!

I completely disagree on Emile. He’s arrogant, and whether or not he is a badass, he has no modesty about it, he knows it and wants everyone else to as well. He just seems cocky and full of himself.

Carter is a bit of a bore. But he does his job and isn’t afraid to talk back to authority (Carter v. Halsey scene).

Kat is a great character, probably my favorite.

Jorge fills a typical big softy role. I like him a lot too.

Jun doesn’t strike me as being that interesting, to be honest. He is more so in the newer comics. But in the game, he just seems like filler. I did like hanging out with him in that one sniper mission.

One thing I’ve wondered: All the Spartans were orphaned as children and brought to Reach to become Spartans. So why does Jun say “Welcome to Reach” to Noble 6? He’s been there a while.

Also, what’s with all the accents? Depending on at what age they were orphaned, they should have lost the accents. I know several people who moved to the US as children and they’ve completely lost their accents.
And Jorge especially, he’s a Spartan II, he should have the same diction and dialect as Chief, Keyes, Halsey, all the people who were involved in the program and that we’ve heard speak.

But anyway, Kat is my favorite.

I do see your point. but Kat is a bit bitchy when it comes to things(Winter Contingency when Noble Six finds the data chip). I’m not going to bag on you.i see your points. I definitely agree on Jun, though. he didn’t really have a place in that squad.

> I do see your point. but Kat is a bit bitchy when it comes to things(Winter Contingency when Noble Six finds the data chip). I’m not going to bag on you.i see your points. I definitely agree on Jun, though. he didn’t really have a place in that squad.

That’s actually why I like her. For some reason, and I can’t really explain why, her “bitchiness” seems genuine where as Sarah Palmer’s just seems forced. Like it’s all for show … insecurities, maybe.
Kat behaves exactly how I would expect an orphaned refugee-turned-super-soldier to act.
You know what … I played a little campaign earlier and I think I was a bit hard on Emile.

They all have their strong points TBQH

EMILE: Has that intensity about him
JORGE: Has the nobleman feel to him
KAT: Has electronics covered (no pun about her arm)
JUN: Occasionally helpful
CARTER: Has the best leader feel to him

And that is why I like Carter the most, playing alongside him, whenever you got the chance, He has that amazing leader feel about him like he’ll take charge as long as you or him get the job done. It doesn’t seem to phase him the probability of the outcome of a task, he seems like the type that’s easily adaptive to his situation.

To me Carter just had a feeling of another Master Chief, like he was the original S-117 he was the base of it.

Carter is just kind of boring to me. I don’t know what it is but…just doesn’t appeal to me.

I like Jorge for some reason though. Big, tough guy, gets the job done, willing to make a sacrifice clearly.
I really don’t like Kat though, she just annoys me. And why is she dies in one shot? What happened to shields? Are those just gameplay? I mean…I dunno I would be scared as a spartan anytime there was a cutscene. Lol

All Spartans are pretty awesome though so…yeah.
I hate seeing any of em die. Emile’s death is pretty depressing. Especial when you walk up to the MAC Cannon and he’s sitting there lifeless. Ugh.

> One thing I’ve wondered: All the Spartans were orphaned as children and brought to Reach to become Spartans. So why does Jun say “Welcome to Reach” to Noble 6? He’s been there a while.
>
> Also, what’s with all the accents? Depending on at what age they were orphaned, they should have lost the accents. I know several people who moved to the US as children and they’ve completely lost their accents.
> And Jorge especially, he’s a Spartan II, he should have the same diction and dialect as Chief, Keyes, Halsey, all the people who were involved in the program and that we’ve heard speak.
>
> But anyway, Kat is my favorite.

Just the IIs.

The Spartan IIIs, which were all of Noble except Jorge, were trained on Onyx. It’s possible that this is Six’s first time on Reach.

> > One thing I’ve wondered: All the Spartans were orphaned as children and brought to Reach to become Spartans. So why does Jun say “Welcome to Reach” to Noble 6? He’s been there a while.
> >
> > Also, what’s with all the accents? Depending on at what age they were orphaned, they should have lost the accents. I know several people who moved to the US as children and they’ve completely lost their accents.
> > And Jorge especially, he’s a Spartan II, he should have the same diction and dialect as Chief, Keyes, Halsey, all the people who were involved in the program and that we’ve heard speak.
> >
> > But anyway, Kat is my favorite.
>
> Just the IIs.
>
> The Spartan IIIs, which were all of Noble except Jorge, were trained on Onyx. <mark>It’s possible that this is Six’s first time on Reach.</mark>

Not if Noble 6 was a pilot in the Sabre Program.

But you are right about Onyx. I actually just started reading the books. I’m on book 2 … “The Flood”

Jorge. He combined big and menacing with soft-hearted and caring really well. I feel he was the best written among the Nobles.

You said we can’t use Noble 6, but what about the original noble 6. He was on par I think with the player noble 6. It takes a huge amount of courage to take a bomb into a covenant ship and blow it up.

Kat and Jorge were my favourites. Jorge was your general soft hearted big guy, but hey if it works it works, and had the most emotional death. Despite her driving Kat was probably the most interesting and like someone above said, acted the most like an orphan raised to be a disposable Spartan.

As for the others…wellll. I didn’t even know Jun was there half the time, he didn’t really have a role and just became a piece of the scenery (well he is the sniper). Carter was just dull dull dull. Too generic. He was the leader but didn’t really do anything, even his death was pointless.

Emile was the worst though. Loud, arrogant and with nothing to back it up with. The only impressive thing was how he died but that was almost comedic with him shouting after being stabbed.

Emile was my favourite, for sure. Masking emotion with sarcasm and humour, he definitely wasn’t your typical noble hero (no pun intended). He spoke his mind, as I certainly believe people should, no matter whether their opinion is considered good or bad. He respected his team members as they respected him, aside from a few jokes. He also seemed to keep his distance when the group took a break, standing over at a wall on his own and such. Overall, I believe he was one of the most ‘human’ characters, however that can be said for all of Noble Team in comparison to other Spartans.

Jun was a close second. Excellent sniper, he knew what his job was and he knew exactly how to do it. I liked that he wasn’t your average ‘silent stoic sniper assassin’ character, and actually was more chatty than most Spartans. Another great character design.

Jun and Carter were my favorites. (in that order)

The others I didn’t really care for.

Least favorite was Kat. She lost points with me every time she ran me over or took off in a vehicle in any level where we teamed up. And it happened a lot.

ya know, Jun just seems to be the anti-social type. I did enjoy the cutscene disconnection where he is holding a DMR during cutscenes but has a Sniper Rifle the rest of the time.

Anybody notice that Master Chief and Noble 6(player) have the same lethality rating? Hyper Lethal.

I used to be a fan of Emile… because of his shoulder. Now that I’ve taken a better look at Noble Team, I’ve come to like just about all of them.

Emile. The rivalry/bromance he had with Jorge makes him more interesting and dynamic than the rest to me.

> Jun was a close second. Excellent sniper, he knew what his job was and he knew exactly how to do it. I liked that he wasn’t your average ‘silent stoic sniper assassin’ character, and actually was more chatty than most Spartans. Another great character design.

“Oh, so you don’t like my cooking?!”

Jorge. That meat-shield was the only one that helped me on my Legendary run. Lol

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Carter is my favite cuz he gave me ice cream