FATE OF THE FORWARD UNTO DAWN

Following the Battle of Installation 00 and subsequent Raid on Installation 08, we know that the Dawn was ripped in half as the slipspace portal back to Earth collapsed, sending Arbiter safely homeward in the front section but Chief thrown into outer space in the back section.

While there were probes sent to the Ark in 2553 to confirm its survival, and a manned mission by the Rubicon later on, is there a source of any actual concerted effort to locate the remains of the Dawn and Chief? I mean, Arbiter surely would have told everybody that they got lost, right?

Space is pretty big and the UNSC had no idea where Chief dropped out and they also had to deal with other problems,so I doubt it that the UNSC sended an big search group and assuming from Lord Hoods speak,the search was stopped somewhere prior to this speak at the end of Halo3 and the Chief listend as dead.

Halo 4 my friend.

I’m guessing that ONI didn’t see a reason to officially locate him – the story goes that the Arbiter narrowly escaped the detonation/firing of a Halo. On the record, they mourned his death in March of 2553. Off the record, though, I’m sure that the Rubicon was told to find the remains of the Forward Unto Dawn, if they could do so. But probably off the record, because no one actually wants to see their heroes dead for a fact.

> 2533274815543309;3:
> Halo 4 my friend.

Yeah that’s right. Pulled into the gravity well created by Requiem. You crash land on Requiem with Forward Unto Dawn in pieces all around you.

> 2533274852968937;5:
> > 2533274815543309;3:
> > Halo 4 my friend.
>
> Yeah that’s right. Pulled into the gravity well created by Requiem. You crash land on Requiem with Forward Unto Dawn in pieces all around you.

Perhaps I should have re-worded my title. I’m aware that’s the ultimate fate of the Dawn in 2557. I was asking if there’s any official sources about search-and-rescue efforts following its disappearance in late 2552.

> 2678033349858034;4:
> I’m guessing that ONI didn’t see a reason to officially locate him – the story goes that the Arbiter narrowly escaped the detonation/firing of a Halo. On the record, they mourned his death in March of 2553. Off the record, though, I’m sure that the Rubicon was told to find the remains of the Forward Unto Dawn, if they could do so. But probably off the record, because no one actually wants to see their heroes dead for a fact.

Good point(s). That, and the Portal shut down as a result of the ring’s detonation. Makes you wonder how the probes managed to find the location of the Ark…being uncharted in extragalactic space and all…

> 2535459706021948;6:
> > 2533274852968937;5:
> > > 2533274815543309;3:
> > > Halo 4 my friend.
> >
> > Yeah that’s right. Pulled into the gravity well created by Requiem. You crash land on Requiem with Forward Unto Dawn in pieces all around you.
>
> Perhaps I should have re-worded my title. I’m aware that’s the ultimate fate of the Dawn in 2557. I was asking if there’s any official sources about search-and-rescue efforts following its disappearance in late 2552.

Yeah as far as a search and rescue operation goes, I have not come across anything. Maybe the UNSC believed that during the slipspace portal collapse, the other half of the ship was teleported into oblivion, just like the CCS cruiser in Halo:Reach, or they simply believed the other half was consumed in the resulting explosion from the destruction of the Halo ring. Speculation is all I’m running on.

> 2533274815543309;8:
> > 2535459706021948;6:
> > > 2533274852968937;5:
> > > > 2533274815543309;3:
> > > > Halo 4 my friend.
> > >
> > > Yeah that’s right. Pulled into the gravity well created by Requiem. You crash land on Requiem with Forward Unto Dawn in pieces all around you.
> >
> > Perhaps I should have re-worded my title. I’m aware that’s the ultimate fate of the Dawn in 2557. I was asking if there’s any official sources about search-and-rescue efforts following its disappearance in late 2552.
>
> Maybe the UNSC believed that during the slipspace portal collapse, the other half of the ship was teleported into oblivion, just like the CCS cruiser in Halo:Reach

I assume you meant CSO, but yeah I would think this is the most reasonable conclusion for what was left of HighCom to come to.

> 2535408730995228;2:
> Space is pretty big and the UNSC had no idea where Chief dropped out and they also had to deal with other problems,so I doubt it that the UNSC sended an big search group and assuming from Lord Hoods speak,the search was stopped somewhere prior to this speak at the end of Halo3 and the Chief listend as dead.

Funnily enough, it turned out he was just MIA. The one time they list a Spartan as dead and they can’t even get it right.

> 2533274882881665;10:
> > 2535408730995228;2:
> > Space is pretty big and the UNSC had no idea where Chief dropped out and they also had to deal with other problems,so I doubt it that the UNSC sended an big search group and assuming from Lord Hoods speak,the search was stopped somewhere prior to this speak at the end of Halo3 and the Chief listend as dead.
>
> Funnily enough, it turned out he was just MIA. The one time they list a Spartan as dead and they can’t even get it right.

They did nothing wrong with listenning him KIA.
The odds that he survived are closer to zero then to one and if the search party didnt find any evidence for his survival in an specific amount of time,the listenning as KIA was justified.Noone could know that he survived at this time.