Fate of the Brute?

Ever since the GI article(s) reveals there has been alot of mention of Elite, grunts (which are totally arthropods), and jackals returning. I couldn’t help but to wonder of the fate of the brutes.

I have to admit, at first I hated the brutes but over time I began to like 'em, they’ve got awesome vehicles and weapons with them and I’d like to see how they act now after losing (for the most part) after the Great Schism; Maybe we can see this in Halo 4, right? After all I doubt 343 would throw away the grav hammer from Halo 4.

Any how Im wondering what you guys would think, maybe there is hope seeing some Brutes in game?

I think Teh Brutes is pretty cool guy, eh kills humans and doesn’t afraid of anything.

> Ever since the GI article(s) reveals there has been alot of mention of Elite, grunts (which are totally arthropods), and jackals returning. I couldn’t help but to wonder of the fate of the brutes.
>
> I have to admit, at first I hated the brutes but over time I began to like 'em, they’ve got awesome vehicles and weapons with them and I’d like to see how they act now after losing (for the most part) after the Great Schism; Maybe we can see this in Halo 4, right? After all I doubt 343 would throw away the grav hammer from Halo 4.
>
> Any how Im wondering what you guys would think, maybe there is hope seeing some Brutes in game?

I just hope to god that they don’t look like the brutes in Reach its like they didn’t care the Halo 2 brutes looked better.

Why the Elites would want to be around any Brutes is beyond me. You know, after they murdered, maimed, devoured and generally made life Hell towards any Elite unlucky enough to get in their path. The fact Glasslands actually supports this pisses me off to no end.

> > Ever since the GI article(s) reveals there has been alot of mention of Elite, grunts (which are totally arthropods), and jackals returning. I couldn’t help but to wonder of the fate of the brutes.
> >
> > I have to admit, at first I hated the brutes but over time I began to like 'em, they’ve got awesome vehicles and weapons with them and I’d like to see how they act now after losing (for the most part) after the Great Schism; Maybe we can see this in Halo 4, right? After all I doubt 343 would throw away the grav hammer from Halo 4.
> >
> > Any how Im wondering what you guys would think, maybe there is hope seeing some Brutes in game?
>
> I just hope to god that they don’t look like the brutes in Reach its like they didn’t care the Halo 2 brutes looked better.

relevent (second pic)

The Reach Brutes still look horribly done.

no one says that the brutes have to be working with the elites anymore. I just want my beautiful Brute Shot and Chopper back! as well as a spiker that actually hurt people. and hey, if they wanna through in the mauler i would be thrilled. my point being brutes bring the -Yoink!- stuff to these games and it be really too bad if they and their glorious stuff got left behind.

i hope Brutes return. and I wouldnt mind seeing how they behave without the Covenant, mabey they will act more barbaric? i would like to see them return with different strategies, working in packs even more so than in other Halo’s.

> The Reach Brutes still look horribly done.

I believe they look like this for canonical reasons; if im correct brutes were discovered by the covenant not to long before the Harvest campaign (beginning of war) and thats probably why they look tribal like on Reach, but for whatever reason they appeared to be more ‘civil’ or adapted in Halo wars , which is beyond my understanding

Different clans of Brutes have different styles. Some love the more shaggy, barbaric look, others prefer to be more preppy and clean. We probably saw different clans in play in the games.

> > > Ever since the GI article(s) reveals there has been alot of mention of Elite, grunts (which are totally arthropods), and jackals returning. I couldn’t help but to wonder of the fate of the brutes.
> > >
> > > I have to admit, at first I hated the brutes but over time I began to like 'em, they’ve got awesome vehicles and weapons with them and I’d like to see how they act now after losing (for the most part) after the Great Schism; Maybe we can see this in Halo 4, right? After all I doubt 343 would throw away the grav hammer from Halo 4.
> > >
> > > Any how Im wondering what you guys would think, maybe there is hope seeing some Brutes in game?
> >
> > I just hope to god that they don’t look like the brutes in Reach its like they didn’t care the Halo 2 brutes looked better.
>
> relevent (second pic)

He didn’t say that the Reach Brutes break canon, he said he doesn’t like their appearance.

OT: Honestly, part of me wants to see them again but I’d rather they don’t bring all the Covenant species back in the first game in the trilogy.

I’m talking graphically look at a close up picture of a Brute in reach.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101013154847/halo/images/thumb/7/74/Reach_5679887_Full.jpg/830px-Reach_5679887_Full.jpg

> > The Reach Brutes still look horribly done.
>
> I believe they look like this for canonical reasons; if im correct brutes were discovered by the covenant not to long before the Harvest campaign (beginning of war) and thats probably why they look tribal like on Reach, but for whatever reason they appeared to be more ‘civil’ or adapted in Halo wars , which is beyond my understanding

actually the brutes were founded many many years before the Harvest Campaign. Yes, they were the newest species of Covenant, but they joined it hundreds-thousands of years before Humanity was discovered.

> > The Reach Brutes still look horribly done.
>
> I believe they look like this for canonical reasons; if im correct brutes were discovered by the covenant not to long before the Harvest campaign (beginning of war) and thats probably why they look tribal like on Reach, but for whatever reason they appeared to be more ‘civil’ or adapted in Halo wars , which is beyond my understanding

actually the brutes were founded many many years before the Harvest Campaign. Yes, they were the newest species of Covenant, but they joined it hundreds-thousands of years before Humanity was discovered.

Unless they go back to being the Brutesnfrom Halo 2, I can live without them

> Unless they go back to being the Brutesnfrom Halo 2, I can live without them

Why do you want to fight Wookies again? This is Halo not Star Wars.

I hope to see them again, but this time as a more distinct enemy.
I liked the brutes in previous games since thy didn’t require plasma pistols to kill, and they always brought fun weapons and vehicles ^^
But I want them to act as an new enemy, have their own tactics and maybe even be able to take a beating, more so then elites.

> > Unless they go back to being the Brutesnfrom Halo 2, I can live without them
>
> Why do you want to fight Wookies again? This is Halo not Star Wars.

maybe less hair but not no hair like in reach or a goatee/beard like in halo 3.

Perhaps the brutes are now allies with the UNSC. Or at least some of them.

This wouldn’t be that ridiculous because we have had the flood as allies before. Brutes as allies would be less weird than flood as allies.

> > > Unless they go back to being the Brutesnfrom Halo 2, I can live without them
> >
> > Why do you want to fight Wookies again? This is Halo not Star Wars.
>
> maybe less hair but not no hair like in reach or a goatee/beard like in halo 3.

As much as I HATE brutes in general since Halo 2…Im ganna have to agree with this And make them as Tough as Halo 2 for the entertaining challenge.