FATAL ERROR!- SUPPORT PLEASE!

I just wanted clarification on whether or not it is possible to play this game with my graphics card, because it seems that my specs meet the requirements, but when i open halo wars 2 it says FATAL ERROR! your graphics card does not have at least 2 gb of virtual address space. I don’t know if this is the same as vram because i do have over 2 GBs of vram
My graphics card is Intel Iris pro graphics 5200
8gb of ram
I play on a late 2013 21.5inch IMac and I’m running windows 10 64 bit through boot camp assistant
if it isnt good enough is there any way to optimize it enough to play this game IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG about 6 years!!!
my graphics card also meets the minimum requirements

just tryin to put this on the top of the list:)

Please don’t bump your posts OP, thanks. I’ve moved this down to the support forums for you

Do halo wars 2 game developers use the forum because Microsoft support directed me to these forums and I neeeeed help

What os do you have ? 32bit or 64bit

Oh I see 64 bit ha

This seems to be a problem with multiple total war games as well, I’ll keep digging. How ever virtual address memory can’t be increased the studio would have to reduce there use of it.

Thanks my friends concluded that virtual address space is the same as vram but i don’t know if that’s true.
If it is do u think the studio would ever reduce their use.
I literally was so excited to buy the game and I opened it to see fatal error its pretty depressing considering i was a diehard halo wars 1 player( i had 6 general accounts:))

> 2535412360726484;6:
> Thanks my friends concluded that virtual address space is the same as vram but i don’t know if that’s true.
> If it is do u think the studio would ever reduce their use.
> I literally was so excited to buy the game and I opened it to see fatal error its pretty depressing considering i was a diehard halo wars 1 player( i had 6 general accounts:))

Virtual address space is addressed by the CPU/os and isnt the same as VRAM which is a physical medium, it adds indirection too addressing in ram which allows us to shift data out of Primary memory (RAM) too a secondary format such as a hard disk drive or SSD.

Please see the following explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlH4-oHnBb8

so does my mac not have enough virtual memory to play the game because from what i see my graphics card is better than some peoples who play this game, and i cant even open up the game. What should i do?
Thanks for the help btw Jman

I’m not sure, like I mentioned in another post Intel GPUs don’t have any vram they use shared memory which is really be for performance.

I’ll have too look into Intel graphics seems alot of people use it for more in built systems, and it’s never been on my dev radar. Try updating drivers for a start and maybe see if you can change the page file size, if you look that up you should find something along the line of increasing virtual address page sizes

so ive tried updating drivers and increasing page file size along with multiple other troubleshooting techniques like increaseuserva in cmd prompt and increasing dedicated video memory in regedit i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the same fatal error message shows

> 2535412360726484;10:
> so ive tried updating drivers and increasing page file size along with multiple other troubleshooting techniques like increaseuserva in cmd prompt and increasing dedicated video memory in regedit i tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the game and the same fatal error message shows

Im really not sure how it can be fixed, changing the virtual address size is my only guess for now, the developers will have to look into it however it does look like they have a massive memory management issue with the engine which explains a lot of the performance issues.

Do developers check these forums?

> 2535412360726484;12:
> Do developers check these forums?

Probably not, community managers do though

So am I outta luck:(

> 2535412360726484;14:
> So am I outta luck:(

I’m pretty sure they would be looking into performance on dedicated and API based systems. It seems as though drivers and the engine itself are completely messed up.

I am having the same issue got windows 10 on mac for hallo wars 2 and been trying too solve this annoying issue. if you fix could you let me know or anyone knows what might help

Would an external GPU solve this problem?

> 2535412360726484;1:
> I just wanted clarification on whether or not it is possible to play this game with my graphics card, because it seems that my specs meet the requirements, but when i open halo wars 2 it says FATAL ERROR! your graphics card does not have at least 2 gb of virtual address space. I don’t know if this is the same as vram because i do have over 2 GBs of vram
> My graphics card is Intel Iris pro graphics 5200
> 8gb of ram
> I play on a late 2013 21.5inch IMac and I’m running windows 10 64 bit through boot camp assistant
> if it isnt good enough is there any way to optimize it enough to play this game IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG about 6 years!!!
> my graphics card also meets the minimum requirements

I have the same problem bro.