Fastest ways to Tech 2

tl;dr
Check out the linked table to see the information, our recommended build is 1 Gen (upgrade it), 1 supply pad, 1 generator (upgrade it), and then 2 supply pads. The numbers will be tentatively updated after the upcoming patch

Hey everyone, it's Kkinser(and Keroman60) again! (previously brought you the charts on income per minute)

**http://i.imgur.com/e6XH4rG.jpg**

This table is much easier to understand than the last, but I will spend some time explaining a few things. The most important columns are highlighted in green

1. When selecting a build, make sure you don't *only* look at the time to completion. Number of resources you have once you complete the upgrade are very important (to ensure constant production once you have the building(s) you want complete)

2. Another important thing to remember is how many supplies you have before you start the upgrade. More resources before you start the upgrade tend to allow flexibility, such as building 1-2 turrets, extra marines/grunts, or taking a mini-base.

3. When playing a team game, it is more useful (for the entire team) to capture power nodes (they give each teammate an additional 120 power a minute)

As always, we hope this information can improve your play and **enjoyment of the game** :)

Thanks,
Kkinser and Keroman60

*Quick side notes:* We both really enjoy additional discussion on these topics, so feel free to add anything! The numbers will tentatively be updated after the upcoming patch

-Yoink- got real! Thanks, with forge are easy but he got nerfed

As of right now, you only want 6-7 upgraded supply pads (should change after next patch). Thanks for the chart!

> 2533274799223896;3:
> As of right now, you only want 6-7 upgraded supply pads (should change after next patch). Thanks for the chart!

Diver of Holy see:

:wink:

The resources per pad seem strange

4.8, 3.5, 3, 0.7, 3, 1.6, 1.4 …

Seems like the 3 should be smaller and 0.7 bigger?

> 2533274832087217;4:
> > 2533274799223896;3:
> > As of right now, you only want 6-7 upgraded supply pads (should change after next patch). Thanks for the chart!
>
> Diver of Holy see:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloWars/comments/5zytuc/useful_income_per_minute_values/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=front&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=HaloWars
>
> :wink:

5 supplies seems to be the practical maximum

> 2533274796783983;5:
> The resources per pad seem strange
>
> 4.8, 3.5, 3, 0.7, 3, 1.6, 1.4 …
>
> Seems like the 3 should be smaller and 0.7 bigger?

It’s a 2-tier diminishing returns. Requires a little more thought and strategy. Anyways, it’s changing somewhat with the next patch.

> 2533274796783983;5:
> The resources per pad seem strange
>
> 4.8, 3.5, 3, 0.7, 3, 1.6, 1.4 …
>
> Seems like the 3 should be smaller and 0.7 bigger?

I know right! I discussed it a little in my pervious post, but I ran multiple trials and confirmed the numbers.

I’m assuming to balance 1 generator 4 supply pad builds at the start of the game. To get around this, if you want to start 4 supply pads build a minibase and get a 5th supply pad; since the 4th pad is worth so much less than the rest.

I only acquire tech 2 after the 3 minute mark for some reason… My build is:
Supply
Generator (no upgrade)
Supply
Supply
Generator (no upgrade)

Upgrading generators doesn’t really matter in my experience.

Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

build a lot of grunts and harvesters, capture energy points, build a lot of energy creators. izi pizy

Thanks for the supplies per second table.

Do you also have a power per second table?

And the same for both with the upgraded versions?

To read from the graphic is inaccurate.

Energy (upgrade), mariners (to take Crates of energy) suply,suply, suply wen you have 500 of money blow up one suply and make energy. 2:15 tech 2.

> 2535471149170617;9:
> I only acquire tech 2 after the 3 minute mark for some reason… My build is:
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
> Supply
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
>
> Upgrading generators doesn’t really matter in my experience.

I use the same and generally im one of the first to hit level 2.

> 2535471149170617;9:
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
> Supply
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
>

I use the same and generally im one of the first to hit level 2.

> 2535449017752659;15:
> > 2535471149170617;9:
> > I only acquire tech 2 after the 3 minute mark for some reason… My build is:
> > Supply
> > Generator (no upgrade)
> > Supply
> > Supply
> >
> > Upgrading generators doesn’t really matter in my experience.
>
> I use the same and generally im one of the first to hit level 2.

My way take in 2;15.

> 2535449017752659;14:
> > 2535471149170617;9:
> > Supply
> > Supply
> > Supply
> >
>
> I use the same and generally im one of the first to hit level 2.

I’m always the first one on my team also. I just want to get it faster so that my rushes can become more effective.

> 2535471149170617;9:
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
> Supply
> Supply
> Generator (no upgrade)
>

Maybe i’m not understanding 100%, but if not upgrading the generators doesn’t improve the rate you get tech 2, wouldn’t you rather have the generator infrastructure already in place (heavy generators)?

^That isn’t super clear so here’s an example:
If you reach tech 2 at 3 minutes without upgrading the generators, but you also hit tech 2 at 3 minutes by upgrading one or both generators, it’s better to upgrade the generators to get the improved power income. Maybe you got to 1000 power at the same time, but with upgraded power generators you’re going to get to generating 2000 total power more quickly (use to upgrade supply pads, upgrades etc).

Am I wrong?

> 2533274832087217;18:
> > 2535471149170617;9:
> > Supply
> > Supply
> > Supply
> >
>
> Maybe i’m not understanding 100%, but if not upgrading the generators doesn’t improve the rate you get tech 2, wouldn’t you rather have the generator infrastructure already in place (heavy generators)?
>
> ^That isn’t super clear so here’s an example:
> If you reach tech 2 at 3 minutes without upgrading the generators, but you also hit tech 2 at 3 minutes by upgrading one or both generators, it’s better to upgrade the generators to get the improved power income. Maybe you got to 1000 power at the same time, but with upgraded power generators you’re going to get to generating 2000 total power more quickly (use to upgrade supply pads, upgrades etc).
>
> Am I wrong?

You’re absolutely right.

I main Anders and I think she’s the only leader that don’t need to rush to tech 2. Expasion is more important to her than teching in early-game.