Fastest way to get playing Halo 5 on a budget?

My roommate already has an Xbox One, though I don’t really have the income to go out and get both a physical copy and Xbox Live so easily, (though his account has Gold currently already.)

What sort of ways did you all get playing on Halo 5 if you were in a budget situation?

Halo 5 is part of Xbox game pass which you can get for a small monthly fee.

> 2535450479150563;2:
> Halo 5 is part of Xbox game pass which you can get for a small monthly fee.

So just buy like the 3 Month Gold for Multiplayer, and then get Game Pass alongside it?

> 2535420516580561;3:
> > 2535450479150563;2:
> > Halo 5 is part of Xbox game pass which you can get for a small monthly fee.
>
> So just buy like the 3 Month Gold for Multiplayer, and then get Game Pass alongside it?

Yes.
If your roommate lets you use their Xbox you might be able to share their xbl gold as well. I’m not 100% sure how that works but I’m able to use my alt account without getting a second gold subscription.

You can also do the Microsoft rewards, online and on Xbox live, do both daily and earn points for free and then when you get enough you can get Xbox live gold for a month or game pass for a month…all for just clicking some stuff essentially. It’s not much but hey when on a budget any little bit helps.

> 2535420516580561;1:
> My roommate already has an Xbox One, though I don’t really have the income to go out and get both a physical copy and Xbox Live so easily, (though his account has Gold currently already.)
>
> What sort of ways did you all get playing on Halo 5 if you were in a budget situation?

Well my first step was to get my Xbox used from a friend on the cheap. The budget for me wasnt so bad as it is now as I’m paying for a house and all my student loans from the last decade. But I would say sit down and figure out what wiggle room you have in your budget. If it is enough of a priority you will most likely find something to cut out for a short period and then just be very careful not to waste that cash until you have met your goal. And then when you do get the game please for the love of all that is good don’t use $ for req packs.

Apart from that I guess more detail would be needed…
I hear you can sell a kidney for about $262,000 not that I’m recommending it.

(¥) °m° (¥)

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up spending just $15 and now I have all the Halo titles at my fingertips, see you all once it finally downloads!

(God I miss Steam’s faster download speeds…)

> 2535420516580561;7:
> Thanks for all the replies, I ended up spending just $15 and now I have all the Halo titles at my fingertips, see you all once it finally downloads!
>
> (God I miss Steam’s faster download speeds…)

You could always buy the games individually but it’ll obviously end up costing more.
Xbox Game Pass pretty much gives you access to all the Halo titles and more for as long as the game pass subscription last. It’s not permanent access like it would be if you bought the game, but yeah. Game pass + Xbox Live Gold can be a steal in limited amounts at times lol.

Search for deals for each Halo game on Ebay or Amazon, sometimes you can find them for as low as $5 each. Halo MCC and Halo 5 might fetch a higher price though, like $10-$20 depending on where you look.

> 2535450479150563;2:
> Halo 5 is part of Xbox game pass which you can get for a small monthly fee.

I agree, it’s the best way to play H5 and for what, $10 a month???

> 2535464648108104;9:
> > 2535450479150563;2:
> > Halo 5 is part of Xbox game pass which you can get for a small monthly fee.
>
> I agree, it’s the best way to play H5 and for what, $10 a month???

:grimacing: I thought game pass was a lot cheaper than 10 bucks. It must have been one of those get your first month cheep promotions that I saw a while back.

> 2533274816788253;5:
> You can also do the Microsoft rewards, online and on Xbox live, do both daily and earn points for free and then when you get enough you can get Xbox live gold for a month or game pass for a month…all for just clicking some stuff essentially. It’s not much but hey when on a budget any little bit helps.

This is exactly how I do it. Takes awhile to get into the flow, but once you save for a year of gold you can save for another year of game pass and keep renewing those before each expires.

You can also sign up for Bing Rewards. In return for using Bing as your search engine, you can get steep discounts on Xbox Live and Game Pass subscriptions. I use it for Amazon gift cards, and it works pretty well.

EDIT:
I just saw where the post above mine suggested the same thing, only I forgot that it’s now called “Microsoft Rewards”. Still, it should work well for you if you’re on a budget.