Fastest selling limited edition of any game

I stopped by Gamestop today to (finally) preorder my limited edition of Halo 4, and while I was there, the employee who was cashing me out started a little conversation. He mentioned that he hasn’t seen a limited edition version of any game sell so fast. I thought this was pretty cool, as it’s showing that Halo 4 might very well bring the Halo franchise back into the spotlight.

That is cool!

It also shows how great value for money you’re getting with it. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s cool! I wish I could have got the limited edition. But I still pre-orderd Halo 4 so I’m happy.

> I stopped by Gamestop today to (finally) preorder my limited edition of Halo 4, and while I was there, the employee who was cashing me out started a little conversation. He mentioned that he hasn’t seen a limited edition version of any game sell so fast. I thought this was pretty cool, as it’s showing that Halo 4 might very well bring the Halo franchise back into the spotlight.

I don’t know about that . . I would need to look it up.

But I think he might be just hyping it . .

There have been a lot of Limited Editions for a lot of games.

ps Limited Edition when it comes to AAA games is pretty much just fancy wording =(

343 is most likely making 250,000 or more of the Halo 4 Limited Edition for the whole world, to me that isn’t Limited.

50,000 for the whole world would be Limited.

This is good news, I’ll laugh if Halo 4 sells more LEs than regular editions.

Yup, makes sense to me. I’ve gotten limited editions here and there for shooters, but the Halo 4 LE really caught my eye.

Just pre-ordered my LE copy today from Amazon.

Good news and I can see why. I was really considering getting it but I have never gotten a LE and it wasn’t a big deal to me but it’s definitely a good deal.

I pre ordered my Limited Edition copy over at Best Buy as soon as I got the chance :smiley: good thing I did because I went with my friend who was going to pre order it at that same Best Buy and they’re booked in terms of Limited Edition pre orders

Its great to be a part of something special. And Halo 4 more than fits the bill as “special.”

Isn’t the limited edition supposed to be limited? Why not just market it as special edition if there’s clearly no limit to them?

> Just pre-ordered my LE copy today from Amazon.

same here. I didn’t feel like dealing with gamestop this year so I’m ordering all my games online this year for kicks.

I’m hoping to get my hands on the LE edition. I can see how the editions have been selling so fast, as the community are huge Halo fanatics.

even if his statement is true, Call of Duty will continue to break sales records year after year, as it continues to feed off it’s consumer’s ignorance.

I just Hope Halo 4 restores the community I knew and loved in 2006.

Didn’t the Borderland 2 Ultimate Loot chest edition sell out in like 48 hours?

I… doubt that. Seriously. I’m not bashing what that guy said or what you think, but I’ve heard nothing like this, and from what I’ve seen…
The limited edition for this game is one of the biggest rip offs, I’ve ever seen. Not a lot of useful content for a slightly swelling price.

> Didn’t the Borderland 2 Ultimate Loot chest edition sell out in like 48 hours?

Yep. I went in to gamestop the other day to pre-order it and I had to figure it out the hard way. :frowning: The funny part though is the fact that the employees there said they wanted to pre-order it too, but they had to wait for their paycheck and they were to late. Can’t belive a special edition could outsell that fast, before its released! o_O

OT- Glad to here the limited edition is selling well.

well, looks like the decision to have $99.99 le is really paying off, if what you’re saying is true.

The DLC packs are a real pull in for the LE