Fast Kill Times a Must

Now we’ve got a layer of Specializations on top of AAs and Sprint.

COD can handle all the layers of gimmickry because it has fast kill times. So at the end of the day the COD game flows.

Halo hasn’t flowed well since Halo2. Halo2 had fast kill times and nothing to muck them up in the form of AAs/Specializations/Sprint/Flinch/bloom/etc…

Halo devs seem to think Halo differentiates itself by having slow kill times.

Its not going to work. Again.

We’ve seen this movie before with Halo3 and Reach and now Halo4. Faster kill times are needed. It cures so many ills.

NO.

> YES.

Fix’d.

E3 Carbine-fast killtimes are what the game should be based around. Just give the Carbine recoil so it isn’t a laser.

> > YES.
>
> Fix’d.

This is a win

The kill times are fine. Honestly, the kill times are what make Halo, Halo. If it had CoD kill times, it truly would be another generic game in the FPS genre. The fact that you need good aim, and need to be consistent with that good aim, is what differentiates Halo from everything else. Sure, AAs and specializations add variety, but they in no way warrant the need for faster kills. It’s perfect how it is, leave it at rest.

EDIT: Although I do agree with the people above that they could be decreased slightly. Just nowhere near CoD style.

But it’s going to hurt my feelings if I get killed so quickly! That’s not fair!

The killtimes look pretty good so far IMO.

The flow doesn’t seem too slow or inturrupted by AAs or Modifications as of now. Of course, we haven’t seen everything in action, but if they continue to work on balance and purpose built maps like they say they are, it’ll be much better than Reach at least.

I’m down for faster kill times, let’s just hope the damage output with weapons isn’t as schizophrenic as Call of Duty’s. Two shots from an assault rifle kill me but a -Yoinking!- rocket launcher doesn’t kill you?

> The kill times are fine. Honestly, the kill times are what make Halo, Halo. If it had CoD kill times, it truly would be another generic game in the FPS genre. The fact that you need good aim, and need to be consistent with that good aim, is what differentiates Halo from everything else. Sure, AAs and specializations add variety, but they in no way warrant the need for faster kills. It’s perfect how it is, leave it at rest.
>
> EDIT: Although I do agree with the people above that they could be decreased slightly. Just nowhere near CoD style.

No one wants kill times like CoD–people want kill times in the 1.3-1.4 second range. When one refers to fast kill times in Halo, they mean fast kill times relative to Halo.

Also, the OP is most likely wanting fast optimal kill times, but slower average kill times.

No one wants to take away the skill in aiming that Halo has. The reason why I’ve loved Halo so much is because it’s about more than just seeing the other person first. Halo: Reach, however, takes this to a new level as I can go make a sandwich in the middle of a DMR duel and come back before it’s done.

Topic creator wants faster kill times, around the CE/H2 mark of 0.6.1-4 (being harder to achieve)

Waypointer only sees faster and instantly thinks COD, after being pampered with 2+ sec killtimes thanks to bloom

Pretty sure 343 already stated that they were going for faster gameplay, so fast kill times are probably already in.

> > The kill times are fine. Honestly, the kill times are what make Halo, Halo. If it had CoD kill times, it truly would be another generic game in the FPS genre. The fact that you need good aim, and need to be consistent with that good aim, is what differentiates Halo from everything else. Sure, AAs and specializations add variety, but they in no way warrant the need for faster kills. It’s perfect how it is, leave it at rest.
> >
> > EDIT: Although I do agree with the people above that they could be decreased slightly. Just nowhere near CoD style.
>
> No one wants kill times like CoD–people want kill times in the 1.3-1.4 second range. When one refers to fast kill times in Halo, they mean fast kill times relative to Halo.
>
> Also, the OP is most likely wanting fast optimal kill times, but slower average kill times.
>
> No one wants to take away the skill in aiming that Halo has. The reason why I’ve loved Halo so much is because it’s about more than just seeing the other person first. Halo: Reach, however, takes this to a new level as I can go make a sandwich in the middle of a DMR duel and come back before it’s done.

Yeah, that post was dumb when I thought about it afterwards :confused: Obviously the kill times should never be anywhere close to CoD, but I do agree they could be decreased slightly. From what I’ve seen in the gameplay so far, they look to be pretty good.

I completely agree. With all of these additions added on top of sprint, and from the multiplayer vids I’ve seen, the games look to progress very slowly.

Kill-times between CE and 2 would be the ideal I’d shoot for.

Give me Halo2 kill times and it will make the awful garbage sufferable.

If its still slow, its Reach again. And I’ll play 200 games and trade it in.

Plasma Pistol/BR-DMR will solve the problem! Jk. Trust me, the kill times now are okay since there are a lot of power weapons for quick kills. If the kill times are faster for starter weapons, you don’t need power weapons as much. The weapon quality would be disrupted a little bit. Not only that, the movement is at its quickest with sprint being included, so that will compromise the skill of surviving if the kill times were adjusted.

Now, Halo 4 is being completed, but if these were to change, 343i has to start from the beginning. There is too much to change right now at this point. The CE Pistol is a lot of fun to play with, but it’s too powerful for its own good to return. So right now, we’re looking at Halo 4 style of gameplay. Who knows what else Halo 5 could bring?

> Who knows what else Halo 5 could bring?

Even more armor abilities and even longer kill times.

The combination is going to lead to so many unfinished kills in Halo 4. Games are going to be slow and even more matches will never reach the kill limit.

At the very least, if we can’t have more powerful guns, we should have larger magazine sizes to try and compensate.

> The killtimes look pretty good so far IMO.
>
> The flow doesn’t seem too slow or inturrupted by AAs or Modifications as of now. Of course, we haven’t seen everything in action, but if they continue to work on balance and purpose built maps like they say they are, it’ll be much better than Reach at least.

I agree. The game already looks much better than Reach, but the game is still very complex and will only make balancing everything even more difficult. I’m not counting 343i out just yet, but I’m also not getting my hopes up too high just in case everything fails.

This community really is going to the Blammer, huh? How can any of you seriously believe faster-pace games make them more enjoyable? They simply do not. What makes a game is enjoyable is when I player is learning or is winning. In CoD, you don’t learn anything special, and you can’t win unless you buddy-up with better players for better balance, simple as that. In Halo, the slower-pace makes it a strategical powerhouse. In CoD, you run around without much thought, looking for prey to blow up. Excuse my language, but let the braindead kids every limited adult happens to have stick to playing their CoD mind-jelly, while the people who want to play a game that takes some actual time-skills and application-skills to play, play.

Yeah, they should make Halo way slower, they should remove rockets because they kill to fast, and snipers shouldn’t be able to do oneshots anymore. You know I played all the games, and I know that Halo is the only game where working together is a requirement, Counter Strike and COD or Quake will never be as strategic as Halo since they have fast kill times.

It’s not like the only reason Halo 2 was created was the BIG success of Halo CE, and it’s not like XBox Live was basically made because of the potential seen from Halo CE.
People loved the 3 Shot pistol, and they still do, go play Reachs Anniversary and tell me that the pistol is making the game unplayable.

I’m not saying that a 3 Shot pistol is what we need, all I’m trying to say is that it has to be fun. It’s not like everybody in this forums is an expert at balancing anything at any time.

I’ve always loved Halo’s style for its slow kill times, allowing skilled players to get out of a jam and turn it around because of their awesomeness.