Fast Gameplay Speed in Halo 4?

So, I recently got to playing the Anniversary Playlist again in MM. And the gameplay there was fast. Yes, it was because of a 3sk Pistol, but let me tell you that it was fun. If there was 8v8 with a fastkilling DMR for spawn, I would love the game. Fast speed is a must - its so much more fun and addictive than slower games. Yes, slow games has its benefits, but the only true benefit is lag.

Wonder why so many players play cod? Its so fast its addictive. Halo needs that feel - not like Swat, because that isn’t “Fast”, that is twitch reaction.

I’m not saying “GIMME 4SK!”, because the chances of that happening when I complain by myself isn’t large enough. But we really need fast gameplay like in Anniversary. I played a few games of it and loved it. If that speed was in Halo 4, heres some of the benefits.

Halo 3 players come back.
All the GOOD cod players who don’t mind a harder game and likes games to be more tactical and less “Unfair” would like to play it.
All the players already here wouldn’t be bored.

Seriously, the moment I got MW3 after playing Reach, I couldn’t go back to the slow gameplay of Halo Reach.

Please, 343, I’m trusting you to create a fun game, and this definitely adds to the factor of more fun and less boredom.
Its also one of the reasons why BF3 on consoles is so much worse than BF3 on PC.

The quicker the killtimes are, the smaller and steeper the skill gap is. As proven by any Call of Duty title.

Do you honestly want Halo to turn into more of a spray-n-pray game than it is now? Because what you’re asking for will turn it into something that Call of Duty MW3 is right now (Duel wield FMG9 anyone?)…

> The quicker the killtimes are, the smaller and steeper the skill gap is. As proven by any Call of Duty title.
>
> Do you honestly want Halo to turn into more of a spray-n-pray game than it is now? Because what you’re asking for will turn it into something that Call of Duty MW3 is right now (Duel wield FMG9 anyone?)…

Oh, so fast gameplay, which requires team skill, the ability to aim better under pressure and do just about everything under more pressure and faster, means that guns kill faster and skill gap is lowered?

This is why I hate logic sometimes.

Ha so much pressure to try and land that one bullet in the foot while im trying to hit a guy in the head 4 to 5 times yea I think logic wins here fish boy

> Oh, so fast gameplay, which requires team skill, the ability to aim better under pressure and do just about everything under more pressure and faster, means that guns kill faster and skill gap is lowered?
>
> This is why I hate logic sometimes.

That’s not logic, that’s extrapolating an opinion from a subjective point of view.

The direct cause and effect nature of slower weapons needing to be fired accurately and carefully over higher damaging weapons sprayed in hopes for a quick kill shows what happens when you give weapons that can output more damage than others.

> > Oh, so fast gameplay, which requires team skill, the ability to aim better under pressure and do just about everything under more pressure and faster, means that guns kill faster and skill gap is lowered?
> >
> > This is why I hate logic sometimes.
>
> That’s not logic, that’s extrapolating an opinion from a subjective point of view.
>
> The direct cause and effect nature of slower weapons needing to be fired accurately and carefully over higher damaging weapons sprayed in hopes for a quick kill shows what happens when you give weapons that can output more damage than others.

ha I said that in any easier way to understand! Go me for simplifying things

To anyone that says that fast kill times = CoD: CE wasn’t CoD. Therefore, your argument is invalid.

Of course, it’d be silly to say that Halo Reach with no shields = CoD.

All that changes is that killtimes are reduced to the point where it becomes practically reflexes with a side order of spray-n-pray.

> Of course, it’d be silly to say that Halo Reach with no shields = CoD.
>
> All that changes is that killtimes are reduced to the point where it becomes practically reflexes with a side order of spray-n-pray.

Thats why game developers balance weapons.

Remember in Halo 3? Aim and you could take someone down in 4 shots. Aim badly and it could take double that amount and more…

> Thats why game developers balance weapons.

And that’s what they’re doing in Halo 4, balanced weapons - And you’re asking for faster killtimes?

I see where you’re coming from.

In order to have a fast game speed kill times need to be potentially low. Potentially meaning that if every shot is hit then the time is low. But in order to make it so there’s a skill gap the weapons need to be hard to use to their potential. CE’s pistol killed really fast (can’t remember how fast, it’s been a while), but it was difficult to get that 3sk, with the average kill being about 5 shots.
That’s how you fix weapon balance; reduce aim magnetism.

> In order to have a fast game speed kill times need to be potentially low. Potentially meaning that if every shot is hit then the time is low. But in order to make it so there’s a skill gap the weapons need to be hard to use to their potential. CE’s pistol killed really fast (can’t remember how fast, it’s been a while), but it was difficult to get that 3sk, with the average kill being about 5 shots.
> That’s how you fix weapon balance; reduce aim magnetism.

Exactly. I’m hoping for faster gameplay and less help to players - meaning a high skill gap.
Not the other way around. It was one of the things that made Reach bad.

Okay, now we’re on the same page.

Weaponry that would deal out a fair bit of damage, but require more skill than the pistol from Halo Reach where aim assist was fairly high.

Halo CE had fast game play with 3-shot-kill pistol, but played nothing like cod.

fast game play does not have to equal cod game play.

Fast is good that’s why Reach failed. That’s what I loved about Halo 3

> Fast is good that’s why Reach failed. That’s what I loved about Halo 3

Sadly, from some of the people that have played at E3, its kind of a slower game…

> > The quicker the killtimes are, the smaller and steeper the skill gap is. As proven by any Call of Duty title.
> >
> > Do you honestly want Halo to turn into more of a spray-n-pray game than it is now? Because what you’re asking for will turn it into something that Call of Duty MW3 is right now (Duel wield FMG9 anyone?)…
>
> Oh, so fast gameplay, which requires team skill, the ability to aim better under pressure and do just about everything under more pressure and faster, means that guns kill faster and skill gap is lowered?
>
> This is why I hate logic sometimes.

Well your sarcasm is weak and your logic is flawed. He has a very good point.

If the kill times are too fast, that means lesser players (noobs) have a easier time getting kills, considering; by the time you know you are being engaged, its already too late. Which shrinks the skill gap considerably. For instance, how many times have you been able to literally out gun someone in MW3 after they already have the jump on you? I bet its very rare.

However, with Halo’s longer kill times, it allows an ACTUAL better player to have the right amount of time to defend themselves. So the better players stay alive longer. Thus; Halo takes way more skill than CoD BECAUSE of its longer kill times. Without longer kill times; its just a game of who sees who first.

Why do you think everyone plays CoD?? Because every can play CoD; its easy.

> > > The quicker the killtimes are, the smaller and steeper the skill gap is. As proven by any Call of Duty title.
> > >
> > > Do you honestly want Halo to turn into more of a spray-n-pray game than it is now? Because what you’re asking for will turn it into something that Call of Duty MW3 is right now (Duel wield FMG9 anyone?)…
> >
> > Oh, so fast gameplay, which requires team skill, the ability to aim better under pressure and do just about everything under more pressure and faster, means that guns kill faster and skill gap is lowered?
> >
> > This is why I hate logic sometimes.
>
> Well your sarcasm is weak and your logic is flawed. He has a very good point.
>
> If the kill times are too fast, that means lesser players (noobs) have a easier time getting kills, considering; by the time you know you are being engaged, its already too late. Which shrinks the skill gap considerably. For instance, how many times have you been able to literally out gun someone in MW3 after they already have the jump on you? I bet its very rare.
>
> However, with Halo’s longer kill times, it allows an ACTUAL better player to have the right amount of time to defend themselves. So the better players stay alive longer. Thus; Halo takes way more skill than CoD BECAUSE of its longer kill times. Without longer kill times; its just a game of who sees who first.
>
> Why do you think everyone plays CoD?? Because every can play CoD; its easy.

So you are saying that with more shields theres more skill?

Its more like more about who has the more players in 1 place…

We’re looking for a balance between kill times and skill. Its fun to be able to turn around and 4-shot someone, but its not when you need to do it at Reach game speed.

No one is asking for CoD kill times. Faster kill times /= CoD kill times.

A 5 shot BR that takes approximately 1.8 seconds to kill someone is a step in the wrong direction. The carbine we saw at E3 was a step on the right direction–but I’m sure they’ve already nerfed that.