Farming is Here To Stay

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

While nobody likes getting farmed, it happens.
You shouldn’t report people just for a game being farmable. Farming has been a thing since Halo 3, people spawned trapped, people had 2/3 flags captured and they waited until the end of the game to get kills.
How to not get farmed :
This may be not the most effective but it works.
Step 1. Get your friends in a lobby, if you don’t have friends then join a spartan company, if you can’t get either then this won’t work.
Step 2. Go into Warzone.
Step 3. Do your thang, triple cap and core them, double cap or whatever. If your team CAN NOT kill or oppose the enemy team against randoms then you’re out of luck.
While I have farmed in the past (so has many other Halo players, don’t lie) I already know it is bad and it ruins the experience, and banning people from the game is doing more bad than good to the Halo community. Think of it like this, if most of the Halo community farmed and then got banned… then most of the Halo community WON’T play Halo.
This means it will be hard for you to find a match, which will make it so YOU can’t even play.
And people SHOULD NOT be punished just because of their spartan company. There were innocent people in Whiskey that did not farm, but they still got punished.
A way for 343i to be able to reduce farming is the following :
Make it so teams of 12 will most of the time go up against another team of 12. If a solo player goes to play Warzone, then he should usually not go up against a group of people.
Make it so if a team CAN NOT take over a base in 3 minutes, they loose immediately. This is a bad idea though, because then farmers would just not triple cap them for 3 minutes.
Make a feminist safe space, where the team can spawn in when no other spawn is available. There should be 3 safe spaces, 1 in the back, and 2 in the left and right of the base. This makes it so even if the spaces get camped by farmers, it will be a bit less predictable.
In all honesty I think people should start talking in game chat, like CS:GO, so they can plan and try NOT to get farmed. This game was definitely intended for team play, Arena is based off of wins not personal skill, Warzone is based off of how many members you have in your fireteam, even the campaign gives you a team.
and I know I will be hated for this, the Halo community is good at bringing down people who disagree with them (I am not saying I haven’t done this) but instead of crying about how you got spawn camped, give solutions. And if 343i doesn’t listen, you now know why everyone hates 343i.

Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.

Of course Farming is here to stay, it always was.

Good thing so is the report mechanic for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Been a thing since CE, it just doesnt need to be as rampant as it is now. Thank alot 343 for rewarding this behavior.

> 2533274840624875;2:
> Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.

Hmm. This statement strikes me as odd. I would associate it with matchmaking but to each their own.

Either way, farming doesn’t appear to be widespread to me, just extremely memorable. I can’t remember anything specific from my last 300 WarZone games, but I remember being farmed.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> > 2533274840624875;2:
> > Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.
>
>
> Hmm. This statement strikes me as odd. I would associate it with matchmaking but to each their own.
>
> Either way, farming doesn’t appear to be widespread to me, just extremely memorable. I can’t remember anything specific from my last 300 WarZone games, but I remember being farmed.

CE was playable online on pc.

Or how about 343 fixes there game and improves the warzone mechanics so this doesn’t happen anymore,no bs, no trouble. All it takes is a bit of work and dedication but I think that might be asking to much from 343 seeing as how they only provide us with an abundance of reqs and hope our problems go away.

> 2533274791752001;1:
> You shouldn’t report people…

You made some good points, but this isn’t one of them.

We have covered this so many times before. Having multiple Spartans in the enemy’s core room without taking a single shot at the core itself to make the game last 3-5 times longer simply to pad your stats is beyond inappropriate, and it definitely qualifies for a Unsporting Behavior report within Xbox Live.

As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.

> You shouldn’t report people just for a game being farmable. Farming has been a thing since Halo 3, people spawned trapped, people had 2/3 flags captured and they waited until the end of the game to get kills.

Why not, farming falls under the unsportsmanlike conduct section of the report system, it fits perfectly with farmers. Yes previous Halo’s had farming but they were NEVER as prominent and consistent as they are in this game(Although that might be due to the low pop numbers).

> Think of it like this, if most of the Halo community farmed and then got banned… then most of the Halo community WON’T play Halo.

Most of the Halo community doesn’t farm though, only the guys who want to boost their ego by “beating up on scrubs” in an online video game, not only does this ruin the experience for everyone on the receiving end it also ruins the integrity of the game. Pretty pathetic that people actually defend this stuff.

> 2533274791752001;1:
> Make a feminist safe space

That sort of statement is unnecessary.

> 2533274870591903;6:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.
> >
> >
> > Hmm. This statement strikes me as odd. I would associate it with matchmaking but to each their own.
> >
> > Either way, farming doesn’t appear to be widespread to me, just extremely memorable. I can’t remember anything specific from my last 300 WarZone games, but I remember being farmed.
>
>
> CE was playable online on pc.

I’m not trying to start nothing but didn’t it not have matchmaking? I thought it was basicalky playing with friends only.

tbh I like to know how spawn trapping/spawn killing is referred to farming now?

> 2533274803493024;11:
> > 2533274870591903;6:
> > > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > > Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.
> > >
> > >
> > > Hmm. This statement strikes me as odd. I would associate it with matchmaking but to each their own.
> > >
> > > Either way, farming doesn’t appear to be widespread to me, just extremely memorable. I can’t remember anything specific from my last 300 WarZone games, but I remember being farmed.
> >
> >
> > CE was playable online on pc.
>
>
> I’m not trying to start nothing but didn’t it not have matchmaking? I thought it was basicalky playing with friends only.

The Xbox edition had no matchmaking (splitscreen and LAN only).
The PC edition did, through GameSpy.

> 2533274843260367;12:
> tbh I like to know how spawn trapping/spawn killing is referred to farming now?

tbh I would like to know why you make it sound like you haven’t already chimed in on several previous farming discussions.

I am quite certain that within some of those threads, people have explained that there is distinct difference between merely spawn killing in different game types versus farming in Warzone.

> 2542657289632179;8:
> > 2533274791752001;1:
> > You shouldn’t report people…
>
>
> You made some good points, but this isn’t one of them.
>
> We have covered this so many times before. Having multiple Spartans in the enemy’s core room without taking a single shot at the core itself to make the game last 3-5 times longer simply to pad your stats is beyond inappropriate, and it definitely qualifies for a Unsporting Behavior report within Xbox Live.
>
> As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.

Yet people still report people just because they have “Whiskey” as their company.

> 2533274791752001;15:
> > 2542657289632179;8:
> > > 2533274791752001;1:
> > > You shouldn’t report people…
> >
> >
> > You made some good points, but this isn’t one of them.
> >
> > We have covered this so many times before. Having multiple Spartans in the enemy’s core room without taking a single shot at the core itself to make the game last 3-5 times longer simply to pad your stats is beyond inappropriate, and it definitely qualifies for a Unsporting Behavior report within Xbox Live.
> >
> > As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.
>
>
> Yet people still report people just because they have “Whiskey” as their company.

Having Whiskey as your company isn’t Unsporting Behavior.

> 2533274870591903;6:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > 2533274840624875;2:
> > > Its been here since H1 soooo ya its stayed.
> >
> >
> > Hmm. This statement strikes me as odd. I would associate it with matchmaking but to each their own.
> >
> > Either way, farming doesn’t appear to be widespread to me, just extremely memorable. I can’t remember anything specific from my last 300 WarZone games, but I remember being farmed.
>
>
> CE was playable online on pc.

Still is.

> 2533274833081329;16:
> > 2533274791752001;15:
> > > 2542657289632179;8:
> > > > 2533274791752001;1:
> > > > You shouldn’t report people…
> > >
> > >
> > > You made some good points, but this isn’t one of them.
> > >
> > > We have covered this so many times before. Having multiple Spartans in the enemy’s core room without taking a single shot at the core itself to make the game last 3-5 times longer simply to pad your stats is beyond inappropriate, and it definitely qualifies for a Unsporting Behavior report within Xbox Live.
> > >
> > > As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.
> >
> >
> > Yet people still report people just because they have “Whiskey” as their company.
>
>
> Having Whiskey as your company isn’t Unsporting Behavior.

If you were talking to me then yeah it’s not, people abuse the report button for various reasons.

One is because they got wrecked and so they can’t handle the fact that their opponent is better, so they report them

People don’t know that just because someone is good, doesn’t mean they’re a hacker.

When someone calls someone else a -Yoink- head, and reports them even though they say -Yoink- that’s worse in party chat.

And if someone says “Microsoft doesn’t listen to the unfair reports. The reason why their rep is so bad is because they probably did farm” Well look at iSpiteful. He hates farming, but since he is a youtuber he was reported and now he has “Avoid Me” as his rep

> 2542657289632179;8:
> As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.

> 2533274791752001;15:
> Yet people still report people just because they have “Whiskey” as their company.

Needless to say, you can only report someone after you have actually competed against them.

If some people reported members of Whiskey for Unsporting Behavior even though they weren’t farming during that game, that is inappropriate. If they were farming, then it is exceedingly appropriate.

That being said, people within Whiskey’s Spartan Company were rather well-known for farming early on during the Achilles chase. From all accounts they eventually toned it down quite a bit and mended their ways, but the damage to their reputation was already done. That certainly doesn’t justify inaccurate Xbox Live reports, but they are the ones who initially acted in such a horrendous manner.

> 2542657289632179;19:
> > 2542657289632179;8:
> > As for the “innocent” members of Spartan Companies, their reputation won’t be harmed if they are only reported once or twice. On the other hand, if they repeatedly play with their group while their teammates are blatantly farming, I am quite certain that they know what is really happening during those games and they are culpable themselves.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274791752001;15:
> > Yet people still report people just because they have “Whiskey” as their company.
>
>
> Needless to say, you can only report someone after you have actually competed against them.
>
> If some people reported members of Whiskey for Unsporting Behavior even though they weren’t farming during that game, that is inappropriate. If they were farming, then it is exceedingly appropriate.
>
> That being said, people within Whiskey’s Spartan Company were rather well-known for farming early on during the Achilles chase. From all accounts they eventually toned it down quite a bit and mended their ways, but the damage to their reputation was already done. That certainly doesn’t justify inaccurate Xbox Live reports, but they are the ones who initially acted in such a horrendous manner.

Look at iSpiteful’s gamercard. What was the reason for him being reported to the point where his rep is at “Avoid Me”