Farewell, HIH -DWT Productions

I’ve written about this far to much to get into it once again, so I’ll leave you with the short version.

HIH has been my home for nearly 5 years now. It’s the reason that I got into tricking, and the main reason why I am still browsing Halo forums to this day. The community of that place is unrivaled, and is the only reason why I know of some of the great people that I think of as my friends, even though our interactions extend only as far as that which the internet can provide.

It’s a sad day for me to see the site finally come to a close; but I am grateful that I was able to be a part of such a great community.

I’m not that great at ‘goodbyes’, so I figured I’d throw together a quick video; so that I may leave the site with my final contribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idzpMXVokm8

=(

(On a slightly more nostalgic note, it was an interesting feeling to see some of the first footage I ever collected, well before DWT existed, in the HIH MP tribute up on Waypoint. (I filmed the “player’s view” segment of HX2T’s ‘How to Drive a Warthog’ (HIH MP @ 1:57 - 2:06))

Awesome video!

HIH has definitely left a lasting imprint on the Halo community. I only hope, one day, they’ll return. :slight_smile:

We can only hope.

That sucks the website is coming to end, i only ever read a few articles of theirs.

> Awesome video!

Thanks!

> HIH has definitely left a lasting imprint on the Halo community. I only hope, one day, they’ll return. :slight_smile:

Most definitely.

> That sucks the website is coming to end, i only ever read a few articles of theirs.

If you’re interested in the tricking community at all, it’s definitely worth browsing through the various forums. It’ll remain up as an archive (read-only), and should remain accessible at: HighImpactHalo.org for quite some time.

Great video! The site will be missed. :frowning: Thankfully it’s archived.