Farcry 3's map editor makes Halo 4's forge...

look like a complete joke, halo 4’s forge is full of bugs and the maps are tiny and filled with impracticalities and kill barriers everywhere.
to be fair, impact was a cool map which had alot of potential to be amazing had it had more space and less impracticalities and a more practical forge pallette.

what is with the forge pallette seriously? all the important forge objects have gaps and holes in them when the magnets feature is used, why are the wall colosseums smaller? why do they have holes in the middle? if i wanted to make an interior map, it would look stupid with the gaps in between each of the wall colosseums, heck even the 5x5 blocks have them, 343 seem to forget that impact is in outer space so if we made a map with gaps leading into outer space not only would it look stupid but how would you be able to breathe, lets say we wanted to make an abandoned space station map, how would the people have breathed with all the holes in the floor? and how on earth are we supposed to make an aesthetic map on the asteroid with that distracting building in the way? who’s idea was it to put that building there i mean come on…

now that farcry 3 is out i almost forgot about halo 4 completely, it’s map editor does everything halo 4 doesn’t and all the maps look realistic and with the placeable ai, you could make loads of machinima’s with it, i think the halo series is over for me now, i played halo for the multiplayer and the forge, with the multiplayer in it’s current state and the forge a mess, i think for the first time i will be coverting to farcry for my go to fps game.

who else feels that halo’s forge has reached it’s peak and that farcry is the fps of the year?

And Trials Evolutions Pro Editor makes both look like half baked attempts at tools for UGC. Your point?

Far cry 3 maps also take ages to download, making their use in a huge multiplayer element impossible.

Far Cry’s multiplayer lacks the verticality that Halo’s has. It’s easy to make an editor where simple maps look gorgeous and it’s not easy to make an editor where maps as complex as Halo’s look the same. Far Cry’s editor is good for what it is and Halo’s is good for what it is (which is something totally different).

Far Cry 2 had the same editor sans waterfalls, FYI.

Terrain editors are fun to use, but Halo’s Forge had its own unique charm to it before they slapped coordinates onto it and stripped the item roster.
Reach had a little bit of that charm, too.

Halo 4’s Forge is an embarassment, paired with the terribad Custom Games to make a supreme wombo-combo of awful.
But hey, at least we don’t have to deal with all of those darned maps taking up space on the hard drive. Boy, was that inconvenient.
And at least we have plenty of commendations to keep us busy while we wait for another AAA-quality map pack like Crimson most definitely was.

Edit:
Kyler reminded me also of the fact that FC3’s multiplayer is an awful ripoff of COD4 multiplayer so trying to work with the editor will be in vain anyway.
Unless you’re in the screenshot business.

> Edit:
> Kyler reminded me also of the fact that FC3’s multiplayer is an awful ripoff of COD4 multiplayer so trying to work with the editor will be in vain anyway.
> Unless you’re in the screenshot business.

the multiplayer is better than cod because it has no bullet magnetism, only reason why people don’t like farcry 3’s multiplayer is because they can’t aim for their life and need aim assist and auto aim. also because farcry isn’t COD and it’s a series that the majority of cod players don’t know about so it deters them from trying it.
comparing COD to farcry is like comparing duke nukem to halo, farcry is above COD and always has been COD is a downgraded farcry and has less features and freedom. the multiplayer may be the same as cod 4’s (nearly) but the fact is that farcry is a better game overall because it has more features and more freedom, it makes a huge difference especially with the map editor, you could make a multiplayer game with ai in it so you could have a real war if you wanted to, cod is limited because of it’s lack of features, farcry has unlimmited features which makes the multiplayer drastically different than cod, heck you could make your own co-op missions if you wanted to with the ai.

i read everything about halo 4 there but farcry noo this is a section for halo 4 not farcry. my advise to you is…

go play farcry and stop your crying on here.

> i read everything about halo 4 there but farcry noo this is a section for halo 4 not farcry. my advise to you is…
>
>
> go play farcry and stop your crying on here.

i’m trying to get people to play farcry 3 because the farcry series is always shadowed, i was hoping that since halo 4 has taken a turn for the worse i could convince people to leave halo 4 and play farcry 3 because it’s better, that means no more complainers.

Have fun with your vehicles in Far Cry 3’s map editor multiplayer. Oh wait…

FYI, Far Cry 3 has a map CREATOR, and Halo 4 has a map EDITOR.

Notice the difference?

i will agree with you the is far to many people crying on the halo 4 section and the want changes they will never get for example one of the biggest is 1-50 ranks but thats never coming back. yes there stuff i hate about halo 4 weather it be the Framerates , hte fact i cant flag bounce etc but i live with it because i know when i come off these fourms ill still play it and love it.

then there is the people who make 3 topics on same subject just to get there point across and say there quiting halo when they spent mayb upwards of $100 on LE and to trade it in get a fraction of the price they paid i do agree these people need to go because there making the fourms bad , making 343i’s life a hassle and just put such a downer on the game overall. this is why i play in halo 4 with no mic because i go into a game and all i hear is complaining and i hate it because ive seen sr130’s saying this game sucks but like there the top efffiiinnnn RANK!! reeally they hate it that much to build up that much xp and that rank they decide they hate it.

and i think 343i made a very good game campaign blew me away and multiplayer has its blips but in due course it will be fixed. im sad to see such a low amount of people playing halo 4 because halo 2 was epic and gamers loved it over the years yes we have had Call of duty to fight with and they have such a big fan base but really there game has no real skill base to it. i just think people should stop the crying and play they game for what it is if they do not like it they more than happy to go play another game.

ive been a die hard halo fan since halo 1 ive played on PC and xbox 360 i own every LE Copy of halo games and i will always love halo its the reason i still have my xbox to be honest!. so yes i agree with you in so many ways but things wont change and 343i are doing there best for the first halo game they have had to do i think they passed 10 out of 10 easy!. but who am i to say im just another random on the fourms that will never be noticed.

sorry for long read but i had to get a little of my chest buddy!.

> i will agree with you the is far to many people crying on the halo 4 section and the want changes they will never get for example one of the biggest is 1-50 ranks but thats never coming back. yes there stuff i hate about halo 4 weather it be the Framerates , hte fact i cant flag bounce etc but i live with it because i know when i come off these fourms ill still play it and love it. then there is the people who make 3 topics on same subject just to get there point across and say there quiting halo when they spent mayb upwards of $100 on LE and to trade it in get a fraction of the price they paid i do agree these people need to go because there making the fourms bad , making 343i’s life a hassle and just put such a downer on the game overall. this is why i play in halo 4 with no mic because i go into a game and all i hear is complaining and i hate it because ive seen sr130’s saying this game sucks but like there the top efffiiinnnn RANK!! reeally they hate it that much to build up that much xp and that rank they decide they hate it. and i think 343i made a very good game campaign blew me away and multiplayer has its blips but in due course it will be fixed. im sad to see such a low amount of people playing halo 4 because halo 2 was epic and gamers loved it over the years yes we have had Call of duty to fight with and they have such a big fan base but really there game has no real skill base to it. i just think people should stop the crying and play they game for what it is if they do not like it they more than happy to go play another game. ive been a die hard halo fan since halo 1 ive played on PC and xbox 360 i own every LE Copy of halo games and i will always love halo its the reason i still have my xbox to be honest!. so yes i agree with you in so many ways but things wont change and 343i are doing there best for the first halo game they have had to do i think they passed 10 out of 10 easy!. but who am i to say im just another random on the fourms that will never be noticed.
>
>
> sorry for long read but i had to get a little of my chest buddy!.

Then make paragraphs so people can read what you just said. All I see is one huge wall I’m not willing to tackle.

The advantage of forge, is that it’s technically an object editor/spawner, meaning that people don’t have to have downloaded the maps to play them, since it’s using pre-existing maps. FC3’s may be much more advanced, but you’re not just adding objects into a map.

Why does every game have to have the same features as every other game? It’s like a kid crying in the playground because he wants the toys the other kids have.

> > i will agree with you the is far to many people crying on the halo 4 section and the want changes they will never get for example one of the biggest is 1-50 ranks but thats never coming back. yes there stuff i hate about halo 4 weather it be the Framerates , hte fact i cant flag bounce etc but i live with it because i know when i come off these fourms ill still play it and love it. then there is the people who make 3 topics on same subject just to get there point across and say there quiting halo when they spent mayb upwards of $100 on LE and to trade it in get a fraction of the price they paid i do agree these people need to go because there making the fourms bad , making 343i’s life a hassle and just put such a downer on the game overall. this is why i play in halo 4 with no mic because i go into a game and all i hear is complaining and i hate it because ive seen sr130’s saying this game sucks but like there the top efffiiinnnn RANK!! reeally they hate it that much to build up that much xp and that rank they decide they hate it. and i think 343i made a very good game campaign blew me away and multiplayer has its blips but in due course it will be fixed. im sad to see such a low amount of people playing halo 4 because halo 2 was epic and gamers loved it over the years yes we have had Call of duty to fight with and they have such a big fan base but really there game has no real skill base to it. i just think people should stop the crying and play they game for what it is if they do not like it they more than happy to go play another game. ive been a die hard halo fan since halo 1 ive played on PC and xbox 360 i own every LE Copy of halo games and i will always love halo its the reason i still have my xbox to be honest!. so yes i agree with you in so many ways but things wont change and 343i are doing there best for the first halo game they have had to do i think they passed 10 out of 10 easy!. but who am i to say im just another random on the fourms that will never be noticed.
> >
> >
> > sorry for long read but i had to get a little of my chest buddy!.
>
> Then make paragraphs so people can read what you just said. All I see is one huge wall I’m not willing to tackle.

Better for you now.

> > i read everything about halo 4 there but farcry noo this is a section for halo 4 not farcry. my advise to you is…
> >
> >
> > go play farcry and stop your crying on here.
>
> i’m trying to get people to play farcry 3 because the farcry series is always shadowed, i was hoping that since halo 4 has taken a turn for the worse i could convince people to leave halo 4 and play farcry 3 because it’s better, that means no more complainers.

Far Cry 3 has a great Story mode (which actually starts to get repetitive and stale after a while)
A good map creator…

But the MP sucks like crazy, i played it the other day, less than 1000 people online, takes 5 minutes to find a match and then the game it throws you in isnt even full and no matter how good the map creator is, playing custom maps online is rubbish anyway considering it always puts you in the worst possible user created maps.

Bottom line is, No matter how rubbish “you” may think Halo 4 MP is, it’s still by far one of, if not, the best MP game out there.

Far cry 3’s editor is teribble on console…

sorry but for halo, forge is perfect.

don’t need no full editor or anything like that. besides, i don’t think it’d work out well. would take ages to download, glitches with terrain, etc.

Far Crys map editors have always been amazing, not only were they around before forge but they were and are much better! They allow greater customizeation and detail. I remember having Far Cry 1 on my original Xbox, I would sit and spend hours making entire maps from scratch. I would spend hours perfecting buildings, hang glider challenges and making sure every bit of grass was perfect :slight_smile:

I love Halo but forge is ridiculously overrated

What really irritates me about Halo 4’s forge, is the boundaries. They put slow kill zones, everywhere. I can’t go a mile with out running into one. I hate the one on Ragnarok that’s on top of the big rock. Back in Halo 3 I made a map that included that rock, but now it’s permanently out of bounds. Now if it was only out of bounds in Matchmaking, that would be understandable, but to make it OoB in Forge?! They are severely limiting our creativity. It’s like they expect us to only make arenas designed for slayer, BTB, or other objective game types. Impact is terrible too. If the map is in space, I see no reason why it can’t be larger. Aside from the asteroids, the whole map is just a vacant sky box, yet you can’t even go under the big rock without being out of bounds. You could easily expand that map to include more area, or at least all of the rock, and it would satisfy a great many players, but no. They won’t need that, it’s not like they are going to build anything except slayer maps anyways. Another map that I don’t like is the other forge map on that island, I forgot what it’s called. The boundaries are redodiculous. I can’t go in the canyon without being OoB, which is pointless, since if I fell down there, I would die from the water anyways. At least let us explore the entire, tiny island.

Listen 343i, I know there are certain spots on maps that you included, but decided were only for looks, and that we couldn’t trespass into your “no-no zones” on matchmaking, because it detracts from the battle having players somewhere that they can’t get assassinated, but to chain up those areas in forge is ridiculous. Most of the fun I’ve had in Forge and Custom games has been with non-traditional game types that you don’t find in any other FPS, that’s what made Halo unique. But you pretty much gave it cancer.

Don’t ignore this, don’t give my an excuse why, don’t apologize, just get back on your computers and Fix it!

Why are we only complaining about this now… FarCry has always had a better level editor since 2008.