Far Cry 2

This is directed to either their Halo CE remake or Halo 4, I don’t care. The point of this conversation is about your next forge.

YES, Forge 2.0 is fun. But let’s have a talk about Far Cry 2. Stay tuned friends, if you haven’t figured it out, I’ll explain how this ties in.

I have not been played Far Cry 2 for a while, because I just got it. But when I played it’s muiltiplayer map editor, it blew me away. Texture editing. Hills and Lakes. Trees, forests, jungles, rivers, mountains, valleys. IT’S ALL MAN MADE. You, the player, design your world, instead of building off of an already created world, like Forge World. You do not have to have everything one color scheme, like Forge 2.0. You aren’t surrounded by eternal gray, but nearly everything.

So where do we go with this? Simple, we rip apart Forge.

For Forge 3.0, I suggest sincerely, we rip it apart and start anew. No longer a map editor, but a map MAKER, just like Far Cry 2. We don’t completely take Far Cry 2. No, I said rip apart, not remove. Why not combine? We’ll have texture editors just like described, but also we still have things like block 2x2, and of course, we can edit the color of it or change it to something like Wood or Brick.

So, the final question remains here. Are you with me, or are you not?

This next post is reserved for other quick ideas I thought of:

-Original Creator Signature (http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/9/p/2794/16583.aspx#16583)

> This next post is reserved for other quick ideas I thought of:
>
> - Keycards (http://halo.xbox.com/forums/f/9/t/2497.aspx)
>
> - Buttons and Switches
>
> - Breakable environments
>
> - Undo option
>
> - Select All option
>
> - Copy/Paste option
>
> - Ammo (I will have a thread about this soon, keep your pants on)
>
> - Human Technology (Computers/Tvs,Couches,Civilian Vehicles)
>
> - Gun dispensers (I will have a thread on this soon, keep your pants on)

I read that post. I like the keypad option and the suggestions you made now. I hope that these will definitely be put into the game. The only problem is, can it be done?

If you want to see the full potential of community maps in Far Cry 2 as an example, I suggest searching for “Raptor Colony” and just pick the one with the largest roman number next to it. Should be IX, X, XI or so. The map has exhausted the map editor both in terms of costs and processor capacity. If we got that kind of editing in Halo, I’d -Yoink- myself, to be blunt.

sounds like a really good idea, but if it’s possible, there’s no doubt the cost of the download would have to double or so. Even so, I would be more than willing to pay the extra price for some hardcore revamping. Forge is great, but when I saw the limits on the cliffs on forge world, i was sad. I would have loved to make a map in the foresty parts of the landscape.

I think maybe something like this will have to wait for the next system, because with all the things you can already do, adding so much more would put an even greater strain on the processor. The xbox needs more power to be able to process all the new information, unless as part of the revamping, the graphics would be allowed to suffer while in forge mode as the map grows larger and more complex, but instead of having individual pieces load up when you play the map, the map would go through some kind of process where it takes all the connecting surfaces and turns them into a single block (when you save the map, and it would of course take a lot longer, so it would be a second option of saving a final version, where saving a map as we do today would be the temporary save option) to ease the workload on the processor during gameplay. example: if you used 4X4 legos and put them together to make a giant cube, it would change into one big 64x64 cube.

I don’t care how long it takes for this to happen, cuz it would be worth the wait. This would also allow for the item limit and budget limit to be stretched out to 3-4 times the current amount. Of course, it probably wouldn’t help when it comes to insane maps that are made up of loads of stand-alone pieces. It wouldn’t apply.

> sounds like a really good idea, but if it’s possible, there’s no doubt the cost of the download would have to double or so. Even so, I would be more than willing to pay the extra price for some hardcore revamping. Forge is great, but when I saw the limits on the cliffs on forge world, i was sad. I would have loved to make a map in the foresty parts of the landscape.
>
> I think maybe something like this will have to wait for the next system, because with all the things you can already do, adding so much more would put an even greater strain on the processor. The xbox needs more power to be able to process all the new information, unless as part of the revamping, the graphics would be allowed to suffer while in forge mode as the map grows larger and more complex, but instead of having individual pieces load up when you play the map, the map would go through some kind of process where it takes all the connecting surfaces and turns them into a single block (when you save the map, and it would of course take a lot longer, so it would be a second option of saving a final version, where saving a map as we do today would be the temporary save option) to ease the workload on the processor during gameplay. example: if you used 4X4 legos and put them together to make a giant cube, it would change into one big 64x64 cube.
>
> I don’t care how long it takes for this to happen, cuz it would be worth the wait. This would also allow for the item limit and budget limit to be stretched out to 3-4 times the current amount. Of course, it probably wouldn’t help when it comes to insane maps that are made up of loads of stand-alone pieces. It wouldn’t apply.

Just saying, Far Cry 2 did it, years ago.

Well deserved bump.