Fans Idea

Hi my name is Jerry. I’ve been playing halo since day one, and I have to say by far my favorite game franchise.
Anywho!! I wanted to make a comment on the potential of the Flood being brought back. If this is the case, and fans find themselves attracted to this idea, I would say making a flood themed Firefight game type.
Thanks for Reading.
Jerry.

Interesting idea, Jerry. I would love to see this. However, many people agree that the Flood should not be brought back in Infinite (that’s what I’ve heard). Question-what version of the Flood would it be? Would it be the tough-as-nuts Halo 2 Flood, or the easily punchable but more varied Halo 3 Flood? Or would it be a return to classic Halo CE Flood? If it is Halo 3 Flood, would combat forms just spawn, or would there be respawning Marines/Elites/Brutes and/or their corpses?

I feel it would be nice to fight along side Marines and other species. As far as the flood go I could see them being a bit like halo 3, but with maybe some upgrades to make it feel like an actual firefight.
That aside. I’ll be quit honest. When it comes to the flood I feel as though, their role isn’t completely done. But that’s just my opinion. Now to have them come back as strong as they once were I dont think that’s the way to do it. But I do miss that scary aspect the flood gave to Halo.

I would like flood in fire fight. We know they are still alive and a threat, especially after awakening the nightmare dlc in halo wars 2.

Flood in halo Infinite would be a sight indeed. I personally am not a huge fan of the flood, but if it works in the story line than I will play the game. I’d probably play either way, haha.

> 2535425507712874;2:
> Interesting idea, Jerry. I would love to see this. However, many people agree that the Flood should not be brought back in Infinite (that’s what I’ve heard). Question-what version of the Flood would it be? Would it be the tough-as-nuts Halo 2 Flood, or the easily punch-able but more varied Halo 3 Flood? Or would it be a return to classic Halo CE Flood? If it is Halo 3 Flood, would combat forms just spawn, or would there be respawning Marines/Elites/Brutes and/or their corpses?

and yeah it would put the scare back into the game.

and it would make fire fight more fun, because ’ 2 enemies remaining … ’ you kill 1 and then they say 3 enemies remaining’ … haha

If Firefight is green lit to be in infinite, I wouldn’t mind a flood themed FF map if the the flood were in Infinite. This specific flood themed FF map could follow a Spartan-III or Spartan-IV Fireteam tasked with clearing the area with flood. It could be based on part of the Halo ring that is under quarantine. I would line it to be like Reach FF, where there is an ending to it and not like ODST where it is as long as you can last.

I think for this to be entertaining there is an armour lock/revive system, like that seen in Halo 5 SP. In order for the lock on the armour to be removed, the other players need to go over and get the player back up on their feet.

I’m making it very generalised so that 343 may consider taking this idea as if it is very detailed it goes against MS/343’s ToS with game development.

I like this idea. Imagine an end-of-round wave of only flood forms. It could alternate with the grunt-pocalypse waves.

> 2535468208617669;6:
> If Firefight is green lit to be in infinite, I wouldn’t mind a flood themed FF map if the the flood were in Infinite. This specific flood themed FF map could follow a Spartan-III or Spartan-IV Fireteam tasked with clearing the area with flood. It could be based on part of the Halo ring that is under quarantine. I would line it to be like Reach FF, where there is an ending to it and not like ODST where it is as long as you can last.
>
> I think for this to be entertaining there is an armour lock/revive system, like that seen in Halo 5 SP. In order for the lock on the armour to be removed, the other players need to go over and get the player back up on their feet.
>
> I’m making it very generalised so that 343 may consider taking this idea as if it is very detailed it goes against MS/343’s ToS with game development.

I love it and I think it could work really well with the Spartan-IV fire teams already established in the lore that deal with Flood outbreaks. And yes, definitely would prefer a Reach style FF where it actually ends. I haven’t kept up with COD Zombies (just as a similar example), but from what I remember, it was a fun game mode until I realized there was no definitive ending.

As for a revive system, I’m not against it, but I think the simple respawn system of older games works just fine for the purposes of FF.

> 2535435902217648;8:
> > 2535468208617669;6:
> > If Firefight is green lit to be in infinite, I wouldn’t mind a flood themed FF map if the the flood were in Infinite. This specific flood themed FF map could follow a Spartan-III or Spartan-IV Fireteam tasked with clearing the area with flood. It could be based on part of the Halo ring that is under quarantine. I would line it to be like Reach FF, where there is an ending to it and not like ODST where it is as long as you can last.
> >
> > I think for this to be entertaining there is an armour lock/revive system, like that seen in Halo 5 SP. In order for the lock on the armour to be removed, the other players need to go over and get the player back up on their feet.
> >
> > I’m making it very generalised so that 343 may consider taking this idea as if it is very detailed it goes against MS/343’s ToS with game development.
>
> I love it and I think it could work really well with the Spartan-IV fire teams already established in the lore that deal with Flood outbreaks. And yes, definitely would prefer a Reach style FF where it actually ends. I haven’t kept up with COD Zombies (just as a similar example), but from what I remember, it was a fun game mode until I realized there was no definitive ending.
>
> As for a revive system, I’m not against it, but I think the simple respawn system of older games works just fine for the purposes of FF.

I see it as like a mini story as I was wanting it to be true to the lore so the revive system was so that the characters were to survive. What 343 could do is have something similar to the Iron Skull, so if one player were to die you have to start over from the beginning so that there is a risk involved. Just with Halo 5 there is a time limit before the player inevitably dies as the armour lock fails.

This flood map idea was planned for one map in my head, but 343 could do it for more or have other stories for other FF maps against Covenant, infiltrating Guardians killing Prometheans or other things? Again this is all if FF is green lit and is just the general idea of a Halo fan.

Nah man. Jackal sniper firefight let’s go!
Jk I think a flood ff would be interesting.

> 2533274852997463;1:
> Hi my name is Jerry. I’ve been playing halo since day one, and I have to say by far my favorite game franchise.
> Anywho!! I wanted to make a comment on the potential of the Flood being brought back. If this is the case, and fans find themselves attracted to this idea, I would say making a flood themed Firefight game type.
> Thanks for Reading.
> Jerry.

That is a really good shout! For some reason it reminds me of Gears of War Horde! doing that sort of thing but with Flood for Halo would be incredible to say the least!!