fanbase identity crisis

So, fans of Dr. Who are Whovians, fans of MLP:FIM are Bronies.
Is there a particular name for us, fans of the halo universe, defenders of the domain and valiant soldiers of the UNSC in all of our shining, holographic glory? because that’s one thing that I’ve noticed (or haven’t noticed), do we have an identity for ourselves as a fanbase?

and if so, what is it? and if not, what title do you think benefits us?

I call Doctor Who fans Wholigans. I prefer it over “Whovian”. Whovian just sounds like I’m a horses foot. I’m a Wholigan! That sounds more fun.

I call people from Waypoint, Waypointers. I call people from Sec-3, Sec-3, I call everybody else “Halo people/person”.

don’t like DR. who so ill just call you NERDS

just kidding :slight_smile:

> I call people from Waypoint, Waypointers. I call people from Sec-3, Sec-3, I call everybody else “Halo people/person”.

This, but I prefer Kit!

I’m with Ket, usually take the term Waypointers when thinking of the community here. Never really thought of a broader term for the Halo community, that needs some thought

> I’m with Ket, usually take the term Waypointers when thinking of the community here. Never really thought of a broader term for the Halo community, that needs some thought

How about Road Signs?
We point the way don’t we?

I call them Halovians.
Ket, I’m proud to be a Wholigan.

> I call them Halovians.
> Ket, I’m proud to be a Wholigan.

Your duty is to spread use of this word. Abolish the calling us a horses foot. I am a Wholigan and I engage in outer worldly shenanigans!

I suppose we could splinter the factions of the fanbase, by lore preference. Those who have an attachment to Humans/Ancient Humans we can call Tyrenites.

Manipulars for the Forerunner inclined.

Vadaamists for the Sangheili inclined.

343 are obviously the Precursors/Flood/Graveminds who are driving us all insane.

> > I call them Halovians.
> > Ket, I’m proud to be a Wholigan.
>
> Your duty is to spread use of this word. Abolish the calling us a horses foot. I am a Wholigan and I engage in outer worldly shenanigans!
>
> I suppose we could splinter the factions of the fanbase, by lore preference. Those who have an attachment to Humans/Ancient Humans we can call Tyrenites.
>
> Manipulars for the Forerunner inclined.
>
> <mark>Vadaamists for the Sangheili inclined.</mark>
>
>
> 343 are obviously the Precursors/Flood/Graveminds who are driving us all insane.

It should be either the elites, dinosaurs, or the professionals.
/bias

> and if so, what is it? and if not, what title do you think benefits us?

Haloids.

Waypointians is a popular one.

Friends, comrades, and pals also work.

Or haters… some people only of us as complainers.
(Which I will admit… some of us can get carries away.)

I’ve seen lots of people debate… yet we don’t have a definitive.

Waypoint wise, when it came time to elect our name, I suggested reclaimers. It won. So I’m a reclaimer, but halo wide? Who knows.

> > I suppose we could splinter the factions of the fanbase, by lore preference. Those who have an attachment to Humans/Ancient Humans we can call Tyrenites.
> >
> > Manipulars for the Forerunner inclined.
> >
> > <mark>Vadaamists for the Sangheili inclined.</mark>
> >
> >
> > 343 are obviously the Precursors/Flood/Graveminds who are driving us all insane.
>
> It should be either the elites, dinosaurs, or the professionals.
> /bias

Elites is already what the Humans in universe call them, so it could become very quickly confusing. On this same thought Forerunner inclined fans could be called Ecumenans rather than Manipulars.

Dinosaur could be taken as insulting depending on who you speak to. :V Professional…yeah.

I like the sound of Vadaamist myself. Probably better names out there.

Halozens? Like denizens? Citizens? Halozens? Haloziens? Hazloid(HAY zloid)?

‘‘Halomania is running wild’’

-Hulk Hogan

Halo fans?

Uhm we are Spartans… Duh

> Halo fans?

Simple and obvious. Don’t see the need for a cheesy name.

I call people active on Waypoint, Waypointers. In-game I call fellow players Spartans and outside simply Halo fans.

I refer to you guys as “what? Oh, um, just checking the news, certainly not talking about that silly scifi video game with a bunch of super cool, not at all nerdy pals of mine, that I certainly do not have, sweety, because I’m a grown man and, um … I knew Halo before I met you! She’s always been there for me!”

Then I cry and run out of the room.

Okay, that has literally never happened.

“Waypoint Buddies”, that’s what I call you guys. I mean, it sounds lame, but we have buddy lists for a reason.

343i officially call us “Spartans”, but a lot of the community call each other Waypointeers or Waypointers.