Fan made trailer

Hey there everyone. I made a trailer for Halo 4 and I’d appreciate some feedback from other Halo fans.
It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK11XKOiVaA
The music is from the Metal Gear Solid 4 OST. I used this because of Sotaro Tojima’s involvement in the game.

Made me cry.

> Made me cry.

> > Made me cry.

In a good way?

That was awesome. I liked all of it. Just epic, I haven’t seen a better fanmade trailer.

117 views!

Great trailer, unfortunately I skipped the last part because I’m going dark for Halo 4, I want the fresh experience like I had with Halo:CE. Other than that awesome.

> That was awesome. I liked all of it. Just epic, I haven’t seen a better fanmade trailer.

Wow, thanks! That’s extremely kind of you to say! It really means a lot :slight_smile:

> Great trailer, unfortunately I skipped the last part because I’m going dark for Halo 4, I want the fresh experience like I had with Halo:CE. Other than that awesome.

Thanks a lot. Im glad you liked what you saw. I’ll likely go partially dark closer to release, probably avoiding all but official trailers. That’s what I’ve been doing with Skyward Sword.

Firstly, if that’s the composer doing Halo 4, I greatly look forward to what he brings to the Halo Universe and Forerunner vibe.

On to the video, it was well done. However I have a few suggestions, and I swear I’m not trying to +1up! you. Firstly, the clips should be relevant to the music, I feel. The action or emotions in the visuals should match the speed and emotional weight of the music as much as you can make them. As you don’t have lyrics, try to make them make as much visual sense as possible. (See my video Duel of the Fates for an example.) Secondly, a trailer shouldn’t be over 2 minutes, in my opinion. They’re designed to be short, sweet, and generally vague. A good example of this would be my attempt at a fan-trailer, Out Of The Ashes. If you do have lyrics in your trailer ([url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63v9kVE6iA>Mad World,) it’s best to make sure that the clips you use are either directly relevant, or relevant in a manner that leads the viewer to make a connection between what they hear and what they see.

Hope these help!

(EDIT: Videos do not open in a new tab, I’m not sure how to add that function.)

It was a’ight.

I liked the use of Father and Son, and Guns of the Patriots.

> Firstly, if that’s the composer doing Halo 4, I greatly look forward to what he brings to the Halo Universe and Forerunner vibe.
>
> On to the video, it was well done. However I have a few suggestions, and I swear I’m not trying to +1up! you. Firstly, the clips should be relevant to the music, I feel. The action or emotions in the visuals should match the speed and emotional weight of the music as much as you can make them. As you don’t have lyrics, try to make them make as much visual sense as possible. (See my video Duel of the Fates for an example.) Secondly, a trailer shouldn’t be over 2 minutes, in my opinion. They’re designed to be short, sweet, and generally vague. A good example of this would be my attempt at a fan-trailer, Out Of The Ashes. If you do have lyrics in your trailer ([url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63v9kVE6iA>Mad World,) it’s best to make sure that the clips you use are either directly relevant, or relevant in a manner that leads the viewer to make a connection between what they hear and what they see.
>
> Hope these help!
>
> (EDIT: Videos do not open in a new tab, I’m not sure how to add that function.)

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I’ll be sure to keep it in mind for future projects. In regards to the length, I’ve seen a lot of trailers just under the 5 minute mark (I’ve even seen one that was 15 minutes long!), my goal from the outset was to keep it under 3 minutes. I prefer making slightly longer vids but in the future I will likely experiment with shorter ones. Again thanks for the advice, it’s always good to hear what people have to say.

loved it

clicked like

> loved it
>
> clicked like

Thanks heaps!

That was epic

very nice

cool vid

> That was epic

> very nice

> cool vid

A big thanks to all three of you. I’m glad you all enjoyed it!

begins sobbing uncontrolably

That was the best fan made trailer ever of all time.

> Made me cry.