False bans relating to Custom Challenges

EDIT: <mark>It seems users who were falsely banned are being unbanned as you read this, if you are still banned within 24-48 hours, it is likely you were not banned for Custom Challenges.</mark>

As of late, there have been a lot of people claiming that they have been getting banned for doing Custom Challenges with Firefight, after looking at many of their game histories, it seems that their claims are true as I see no boosting activity as well AFKing activity.

My main concern over this is that a few weeks ago, the ban hammer started falsely banning people for using Custom Challenges with the ONI Target Locator trick, the bans were eventually removed and admitted to be a mistake, by the looks of it, this is happening again except there are mixed reports of users getting banned for using the ONI Target Locator w/ Custom Challenges and Firefight w/ Custom Challenges, last time this happened we had a separate topic on the whole situation.

Some may ask why this affects me, it does in two ways, first of all, people seem to think as me as the guy who deals with bans on Reach, which I do in a way, I try to explain to people in the Why I Get Banned topic, so people reach out to me for help on their bans, but recently with this growing problem, there is no logical evidence as to why these users are being banned.

Secondly, I myself use Custom Challenges with the Target Locator, and wondering, has this suddenly become a bannable offence or is the ban hammer on the fritz again like it was many weeks ago?

I’m going to ask people who were falsely banned to post here and redirect them here from the Why I Get Banned topic as there is no way we as a community can provide answers for their bans.

Template

Gamertag:

Ban Message(s):

Date Banned:

Gamertag: MortuusSum

Ban Message(s): This console has been banned for 2 weeks. This account has been banned for 2 weeks.

Date Banned: 08/03/2012

not aware I ever hit the daily cap, the ban was out of the blue.

<snip>

> GT: MortuusSum
>
> banned on 09/03/2012 for 2 weeks after some serious Grunt farming with custom challenges.
>
> not aware I ever hit the daily cap, the ban was out of the blue.
>
> posted likewise at 343i

Thanks, but as far as I know, that website (343industries.org) is NOT an official site, this is 343 Industries official website.

Gamertag: Fletchbox

Ban Message(s): “This console has been banned from earning credits for two weeks” and “This account has been banned from earning credits for two weeks.”

Date Banned: 6th March 2012

Noticed two week profile and console ban upon signing in on Tuesday morning (March 6th)

Had been using custom challenges in combination with games of gruntpocalypse for a few days prior to ban, but don’t think I ever hit the daily cap and have not had any form of warning/ban prior to this.

My original post in the “Why did i get banned” topic

GT halzombiereaper same as user name here. Got locked out approx Mar 3 or 4. Custom Challenges and gruntpocalypse.

gamertag:

halzombiereaper

Console Message:

This console has been banned for 2 weeks from earning credits &
This account has been banned for 2 weeks from earning credits

Ban Date:

03/04/2012

Added a little template to the OP, please use it, it would be helpful if 343i decided to check in on this.

Gamertag: Eskobar Returns
Messages: This console has been banned from earning credits for two weeks"; "This account has been banned from earning credits for two weeks.
Date: 6th March 2012

Custom Challenges and gruntpocalypse.

Gamertag is Procised, and my console and my account where credit banned for using custom challenges on firefight. I was unaware of the credit cap.

Gamertag: B0P Ectara

Ban Message(s): “This console has been banned from earning credits for two weeks”; “This account has been banned from earning credits for two weeks.”

Date Banned: 03/06/2012

Gamertag:King Zronus

Ban Message(s):This console has been banned for two weeks.

Date Banned:March 5, 2012

My roommates account was the one that got banned. his username is “No Veritas”

Gamertag: No Veritas

Ban Message: This console has been banned for two weeks. This account has been banned for two weeks.

Date Banned: 3/5/2012

my console has been banned and my account has been banned for 2 weeks

i used custome challanges in firefight i just play lots of gruntpocalypse i didnt even max out daily credit limit

this happend today march 9th 2012

gamertag: promethean470

this console has been banned and account has been banned from earning credits for 2 weeks

march 9th 2012

Havnt been banned… yet so i hope we can get more information on what we are not supposed to do, so we don’t do it.

Removed by user

> The Banhammer:
>
> • 24hrs - The first ban for incorrectly AFK’ing firefight or Matchmaking boosting.
> Message displayed: “You have been temporarily banned from earning credits.”
> • 1 week - The second ban for incorrectly AFK’ing firefight or Matchmaking boosting. (Note: This may also be your ban for the third, fourth, etc… bans as well).
> Message displayed: “You have been temporarily banned from earning credits.”
> • 2 week - The first ban for challenge resetting. You may also incur a 2 week ban after multiple infractions of AFK’ing firefight of boosting matchmaking incorrectly.
> Message displayed: “You have been temporarily banned from earning credits for 2 weeks.”
> • 1 month - This amazing status can only be achieved after multiple infractions, perhaps defying fate and challenge resetting twice? There’s no exact science as to how many offenses will earn you a 1 month ban.
> Message displayed: “You have been temporarily banned from earning credits for 1 month.”
> • Reset - Received for either challenge resetting or royally -Yoink!- off Bungie. This means that you lose your rank and have to start over at recruit. Yes you lose all armor purchased in the armory, no your commendations are not reset, only your rank. Resets are either be accompanied by a 2 week credit ban, or a 1 month credit ban.
> There is no message displayed telling you that you’ve been reset, it just happens. If the credit ban associated with the reset is for 2 weeks, you will get the 2 week credit ban message. However, if your ban is for 1 month, it will simply give the generic message, “You have been temporarily banned from earning credits.”

Good to know you have copied and pasted something, but it has no contribution to this topic at all.

define challange reseting and boosting am not sure what they mean i just play lots and lots of halo

Removed by user

>

I’m not exactly sure what the purpose of this is? Moa’s trying to help.

>

He’s saying that the post does not contribute to the topic at hand. Not that “copypasta” is not a rule.

Thinking before saying goes a long way.