Fallback Hoppers - Halo 4

People are getting tired of this thread topic, but it still happens. I think fallback hoppers are a poor idea. Despite that, I think they wouldn’t be a problem by now, considering the release date of Halo 4. I also think elucidation on the issue would be appreciated from 343. However, I KNOW that us fallback hoppers are a worryingly minute percentage of the matchmaking population, so I am concerned that 343 won’t properly deal with this issue.

If you are uninformed on the matter, the “fallback hoppers”, or backup servers, host those who fail to download “crucial files”. I understand this sounds vague, and it is. There is a post on these forums from a community manager describing it; unfortunately, their description is just as enigmatic as mine. While on these fallback hoppers, your XP gain is diminished, you cannot play with people on normal servers (which is most everybody), you cannot earn challenges or commendations, you cannot customize your Spartan or his/her loadouts, and you can’t play Spartan Ops in any way, shape, or form. They are supposed to help encourage fair play and allow those who have issues downloading updates to at least play the game. In reality, they are an ineffective and arbitrary punishment to innocent matchmaking participants.

Furthermore, I believe 343 is a anti-paradigm of how to handle matchmaking.
But I hope to be proven wrong. Please fix this issue, 343i.

If anyone has any insight or panacea to this issue, feel free to post. Or if you are simply distraught at the situation, post away. Misery loves company. And maybe we’ll attract 343i’s attention.

I have been in the fallback hoppers since about noon yesterday. I have a feeling a major server issue/event occurred because you can see on halocharts’ playlist population graph of 11/26 that there was an immediate loss of 6000 players from infinity slayer and big team infinity slayer. I have rebooted my Xbox, tried signing in and back out, cleared the cache on both of my drives and redownloading the updates to no avail. It’s a huge bummer considering I live with my two best friends who are not stuck in said fallback servers so I’m unable to join or play with them. This happened to me a few times right after launch but it was always resolved within a few hours, and I trust that the issue will be solved fully sometime soon. It’s not the end of the world, and I’m not going to run out and buy a modern military shooter to fill the gap… but I must say it is very disappointing and not something I would expect from a Halo launch.

Yeah, I’m with you guys. I had minimal problems on day one, and no problems thereafter until just the other day. Tried all the same stuff you guys highlighted above. Now I’m reinstalling disc 2 after a complete wipe of my Halo 4 content. If this doesn’t work, then I’ll just… I’ll… I’m gonna… I don’t know. Wait some more, I guess.

UPDATE: It didn’t work. Shocker.

I should also note I can’t log into the xbox live portion of dewxp.com. I’m not 100% that the two are related but when it comes to the xbox live sign-in portion, it tries for a while then throws an “account error” message.

Congrats! you know what the fallback severs are now…so does the rest of the damn community. Instead of tellling us what we are experiencing, how about a resolution to our problem. The servers went down around noon yesterday…24 hours later they’re still the same. People say its a download problem, but we havent downloaded anything, so wtf!?

Im getting sick and tired. I have x2 ExP, hours to bank for a MM Challenged and none of this can be achieved because of this stupid problem that you, 343, should have had fixed already. We want answers on how to fix this, NOT whats going on, because we know already.

Get this problem fixed, its bull. We shouldnt have to deal with this. I buy a game to play it online, not half of it or none. Get your -Yoink- together 343, or you’re going to be losing you fan base soon.

Update: went home on my lunch hour to try again. Still says I’m an SR1 (actually a 67), and I decided to try and play a game so that maybe it would force me back into regular servers post-game. No such luck, got matched against players with the weirdest range of skill I’ve probably ever seen in a matchmade game yet and still in the hoppers.

I’m stuck in the backup servers also I’ve been stuck for 3 days. I have tried everything even tried on two xboxs

Hey I’ve been stuck in this hopper for about a week now, I’ve redownladed everything and am still seeing the servers as unavailable and the default playlist. I’ve checked all my connections and reset them, please can somebody help me I hate my job and am going nuts without my halo stress relief. Any and all advice welcome.

GT : Fantom216

> Hey I’ve been stuck in this hopper for about a week now, I’ve redownladed everything and am still seeing the servers as unavailable and the default playlist. I’ve checked all my connections and reset them, please can somebody help me I hate my job and am going nuts without my halo stress relief. Any and all advice welcome.
>
> GT : Fantom216

Delete the system cache on your 360 from the Dashboard under Storage and then pressing Y on your HDD.

10 day in the hopper server its getting reidiculous…i thought the patch would solve the problem but nop