Fall damage

What is your opinion on fall damage in Halo: Reach?

Personally I think it promotes the risk/reward use of jump packs and think it should be in. Maybe make Armour Lock tweaked (among other tweaks to the ability) so that you can use Armour Lock to survive a fall that would injure or kill you.

> What is your opinion on fall damage in Halo: Reach?
>
> Personally I think it promotes the risk/reward use of jump packs and think it should be in. Maybe make Armour Lock tweaked (among other tweaks to the ability) so that you can use Armour Lock to survive a fall that would injure or kill you.

I liked it better when falling didn’t kill a spartan.

you’re in an advanced suit of armor in the year 2552, you’d think it would be able to absorb the damage of falls.

If it is gone though, what will happen on spire?

It makes me feel like a weakling rather than a Spartan.

> you’re in an advanced suit of armor in the year 2552, you’d think it would be able to absorb the damage of falls.

Maybe, but you’re still human.

> you’re in an advanced suit of armor in the year 2552, you’d think it would be able to absorb the damage of falls.
>
> If it is gone though, what will happen on spire?

People will jump off the top of the spire and try to land on other players to kill them. That’s why I’d do anyway.

I definitely think fall damage should be kept in. Like the OP said, it brings a nice risk/reward aspect into the game.

> It makes me feel like a weakling rather than a Spartan.

This. It wasn’t Halo 2 or 3 and it worked fine. We’re physically augmented supersoldiers clad in highly advanced armor, after all.

Fall damage actually does make sense in context.

The reason Master Chief and Noble Six survived their respective planetary re-entries is because they would overpressure the hydrostatic gel in their suit, physically locking it up to withstand the immense kinetic blast caused on impact. In a regular situation a Spartan cannot overpressure their gel conduits, and their armor would not hold up to the impact of a high fall.

It’s basic physics.

> Fall damage actually does make sense in context.
>
> The reason Master Chief and Noble Six survived their respective planetary re-entries is because they would overpressure the hydrostatic gel in their suit, physically locking it up to withstand the immense kinetic blast caused on impact. In a regular situation a Spartan cannot overpressure their gel conduits, and their armor would not hold up to the impact of a high fall.
>
> It’s basic physics.

In short for people who don’t know, when Jorge threw Six out of the Corvette, Six had a type of Jetpack, well it wasn’t a jetpack, it is similar and was designed for re-entering the atmosphere like Six did, he may have landed with a sore arm but that’s what it’s designed to do.

Also explains why in Halo 3 chief survives to 2km drop, it’s all to do with the gel layer as said by the marine.

I have no problem with fall damage :stuck_out_tongue: Shouldn’t be jumping from heights that high up anyways. In case people forgot, fall damage is classic, it was in the original Halo and that’s about as retro as it gets :stuck_out_tongue: Seen a few people complain about it, not sure why.

It’s more realistic to have fall damage, unless we’re given the option to adjust the suits gel layers to absorb the impact on a whim. That be cool…

> I have no problem with fall damage :stuck_out_tongue: Shouldn’t be jumping from heights that high up anyways. In case people forgot, fall damage is classic, it was in the original Halo and that’s about as retro as it gets :stuck_out_tongue: Seen a few people complain about it, not sure why.
>
> It’s more realistic to have fall damage, unless we’re given the option to adjust the suits gel layers to absorb the impact on a whim. That be cool…

Just a note, 343 have stated they can remove fall damage in the title update. Just thought I would say this time to mention, Classic = Halo 1,2 & 3. Not just Halo 1.

> > I have no problem with fall damage :stuck_out_tongue: Shouldn’t be jumping from heights that high up anyways. In case people forgot, fall damage is classic, it was in the original Halo and that’s about as retro as it gets :stuck_out_tongue: Seen a few people complain about it, not sure why.
> >
> > It’s more realistic to have fall damage, unless we’re given the option to adjust the suits gel layers to absorb the impact on a whim. That be cool…
>
> Just a note, 343 have stated they can remove fall damage in the title update. Just thought I would say this time to mention, Classic = Halo 1,2 & 3. Not just Halo 1.

I’ll keep this in mind :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that fall damage will return in Halo 4. They should just add an option to turn it off in Customs. Maps like the Spire need fall damage to prevent people just jumping down on unsuspecting players and assassinating them. I agree with the OP, fall damage is essential to gameplay.