Fall Damage? (Yes) or (No) Poll

Here is something I just thought about. Fall Damage!

Let’s have a poll for it! Just vote (Yes) or (No)

Yes for Fall Damage

No for No fall Damage

My vote is for No.

No

yes, we have abilities to avoid it now, so if you dont use the i think you should get damged.

> 2533274915983628;3:
> yes, we have abilities to avoid it now, so if you dont use the i think you should get damged.

Oh you make a great point! You can hover now. hmmmmm So I guess you can stop your fall.

No. Spartans are physically augmented and wearing power armor that allows them to survive falling from orbit. Fall damage is just plain silly.

I say yes, as you are an idiot if you don’t use stabilisers to avoid it. Idiots must be punished.

Let me ask you something - What does fall damage bring to the game that is positive? What is the issue with having no fall damage?

There literally is no reason to bring it back, so they shouldn’t. Its that simple.

Nope. It bugs me in reach so much, however I understand it because jetpack
In H5G there should be no fall damage though

Death from fall - no.

Damage from fall - yes.

> 2533274913936758;5:
> No. Spartans are physically augmented and wearing power armor that allows them to survive falling from orbit. Fall damage is just plain silly.

The Chief rode a piece of bulkhead for the ride and Noble6 used a re-entry pack to help slow descent. A few Spartans died during the Fall of Reach when their Pelican was shot down and they jumped out because they did not have the means to defy impact as the Chief and 6 did.

At this point in the game, when we are concentrating on the flow, I’d still like something for awareness but I understand not punishing the drops as much as some Halos past.

I definitely like having a stun effect for those that drop a good distance and don’t crouch upon landing. Shields dropping from extreme heights but not loosing health would be nice but because of Ground Pounding, I am happy with just a stun effect because GP is a similar effect if missed too.

… I’d love to see Spartans activating GP or air-stabalize (and aimed) as a means of stopping high drops instead of crouching or taking the stun. It would show a lot more awareness all around instead of just dropping and walking like physicsless papermaché.

Yes. But I like it to be a little more forgiving then, say, Halo CE.

If the hover technique was actually intuitive, like activated by in-air + squat, and could work regardless of hip or ADS (and just make ground pound in-air + hold melee). Heck, they could even make the hover like a very short, mini, jetpack with a tiny upward thrust before the slow decent hovering. This could make jump + squat even quicker the clamber in some instances.

Anyway, what I am getting at is, pressing squat before landing would minimize damage and negate death.

Nein. Having fall damage makes you feel afraid to jump off big ledges, only marines and enemies like grunts and jackals should have fall damage.

> 2533274910556989;9:
> Death from fall - no.
>
> Damage from fall - yes.

^^This.

Though how you combine that with the ground pound mechanic in any way that makes sense is beyond me. But I think damage + stun from fall (but not death) adds flexibility to map design by creating vertical barriers without needing to physically put walls or floors between things.

Otherwise, you have to choose between a certain map flow or a certain map feel. With fall damage, you can have both.

The game is fine without it imo.

> 2533274971476153;13:
> > 2533274910556989;9:
> > Death from fall - no.
> >
> > Damage from fall - yes.
>
>
>
> ^^This.
>
> Though how you combine that with the ground pound mechanic in any way that makes sense is beyond me. But I think damage + stun from fall (but not death) adds flexibility to map design by creating vertical barriers without needing to physically put walls or floors between things.
>
> Otherwise, you have to choose between a certain map flow or a certain map feel. With fall damage, you can have both.

Not this! Actually the other way round if anything.
Imagine jumping off from spire dome without dying

Fall damage, no. Only in custom games and specialized gametypes.

Fall stun, NO!!

Have the Halo 2-3 style fall timer and no fall damage by default. Option to change how the fall timer works and turn fall damage on or off in customs.

no.

> 2533274820441404;15:
> > 2533274971476153;13:
> > > 2533274910556989;9:
> > > Death from fall - no.
> > >
> > > Damage from fall - yes.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > ^^This.
> >
> > Though how you combine that with the ground pound mechanic in any way that makes sense is beyond me. But I think damage + stun from fall (but not death) adds flexibility to map design by creating vertical barriers without needing to physically put walls or floors between things.
> >
> > Otherwise, you have to choose between a certain map flow or a certain map feel. With fall damage, you can have both.
>
>
> Not this! Actually the other way round if anything.
> Imagine jumping off from spire dome without dying

Now imagine Ground Pounding from a top Spire…!!!

And because I can, it’s why I’d like something for big drops because it’s very out of place to see nuance in so much of the movement but not having to “cushion” a drop… UNLESS, 343i has an auto-cushion effect that we visually see a Spartan thrust and/or bend to land but to the player, it’s the norm of Halo2/3 physics.