fake memories

Unlike some people, I still have my halo CE disk along with the CEA disk. You are remembering something better than it was.

I love playing halo CE campaign, but I get bored after 5 levels due to playing it too much. The multiplayer is, if anything, an added bonus. The multiplayer is no match for XBL matches and halo 3 custom games. If anything, one person gets in a tank, and the other 3 try to kill it. Your memories are of the good times, the ones most valuable. At that time, halo had no equivalent. It was the best game out there. Nowadays, it holds up, but is less amazing.

Recreating Halo CE multiplayer would have not been good. Everyone would say it is an attempt at a duplicate, even if it is the same.

The CEA campaign is the same as the old one. I played both games, and the skulls and terminals actually make CEA more fun than the original. Add firefight and xbox live, and it is actually more than the original game.

Modern halo was defined by halo 2, not halo CE. the game is completely different than the others. Stop comparing it to others. It was the first attempt at a halo game.

I played Halo CE on PC recently and it was better than I remembered it, only thing missing was split-screen chaos.

> Unlike some people, I still have my halo CE disk along with the CEA disk. You are remembering something better than it was.
>
> I love playing halo CE campaign, but I get bored after 5 levels due to playing it too much. The multiplayer is, if anything, an added bonus. The multiplayer is no match for XBL matches and halo 3 custom games. If anything, one person gets in a tank, and the other 3 try to kill it. Your memories are of the good times, the ones most valuable. At that time, halo had no equivalent. It was the best game out there. Nowadays, it holds up, but is less amazing.
>
> Recreating Halo CE multiplayer would have not been good. Everyone would say it is an attempt at a duplicate, even if it is the same.
>
> The CEA campaign is the same as the old one. I played both games, and the skulls and terminals actually make CEA more fun than the original. Add firefight and xbox live, and it is actually more than the original game.
>
> Modern halo was defined by halo 2, not halo CE. the game is completely different than the others. Stop comparing it to others. It was the first attempt at a halo game.

All true.

> Unlike some people, I still have my halo CE disk along with the CEA disk. You are remembering something better than it was.
>
> I love playing halo CE campaign, but I get bored after 5 levels due to playing it too much. The multiplayer is, if anything, an added bonus. The multiplayer is no match for XBL matches and halo 3 custom games. If anything, one person gets in a tank, and the other 3 try to kill it. Your memories are of the good times, the ones most valuable. At that time, halo had no equivalent. It was the best game out there. Nowadays, it holds up, but is less amazing.
>
> Recreating Halo CE multiplayer would have not been good. Everyone would say it is an attempt at a duplicate, even if it is the same.
>
> The CEA campaign is the same as the old one. I played both games, and the skulls and terminals actually make CEA more fun than the original. Add firefight and xbox live, and it is actually more than the original game.
>
> Modern halo was defined by halo 2, not halo CE. the game is completely different than the others. Stop comparing it to others. It was the first attempt at a halo game.

Agreed. CE is a great game, and it does bring back nostalgia, but CEA is definitely more fun. 343i did an awesome job with it.

> CE is a great game, and it does bring back nostalgia, but CEA is definitely more fun. 343i did an awesome job with it.

I don’t see how CEA would be more “fun” unless graphics somehow = “fun”.

If anything the loss of some tricks makes CEA less “fun”.

> > CE is a great game, and it does bring back nostalgia, but CEA is definitely more fun. 343i did an awesome job with it.
>
> I don’t see how CEA would be more “fun” unless graphics somehow = “fun”.
>
> If anything the loss of some tricks makes CEA less “fun”.

The change in graphical atmosphere makes CEA feel like a brand new game, however it maintains it’s old nostalgia. Along with the remastered multiplayer maps, that, to me, is more fun.

Tricks aren’t the entire game. They didn’t purposely remove any of the tricks or glitches found within the original, however by adding another graphical layer on top of the old ones, some of the original tricks were inadvertently removed. However, as far as I can tell, all of the tricks are still possible in Classic mode, just not with the new graphics. Ledging, etc. are all still there.

> > CE is a great game, and it does bring back nostalgia, but CEA is definitely more fun. 343i did an awesome job with it.
>
> I don’t see how CEA would be more “fun” unless graphics somehow = “fun”.
>
> If anything the loss of some tricks makes CEA less “fun”.

The change in graphical atmosphere makes CEA feel like a brand new game, however it maintains it’s old nostalgia. Along with the remastered multiplayer maps, that, to me, is more fun.

Tricks aren’t the entire game. They didn’t purposely remove any of the tricks or glitches found within the original, however by adding another graphical layer on top of the old ones, some of the original tricks were inadvertently removed. However, as far as I can tell, all of the tricks are still possible in Classic mode, just not with the new graphics. Ledging, etc. are all still there.

> However, as far as I can tell, all of the tricks are still possible in Classic mode, just not with the new graphics. Ledging, etc. are all still there.

That’s actually not accurate. There are some physics differences that cause certain things to either be much harder or not work; spawn bumping and the PoA bridge pedestal bump are impossible, and as many people have noted, it’s hard to get the platform to even budge with rockets now.

It’s not yet clear what the full extent of the physics differences is, but not everything is possible in CEA.

The MM was the worst Halo MM so far, people remember it being the best just because it was the only good multiplayer on the xbox, but it was far from balanced (having 5 out of 8 weapons usless is not balanced, that’s why I hate anniversary slayer on reach)

Halo CE > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo ODST > Halo Wars > Halo 2.

Halo CE was the best, Halo 2 was absolute trash in the MP area, Halo 3 was meh, and Reach is the best one yet. Now we have Halo CEA which takes the 2 greatest Halo games ever and combines them.

> Halo CE > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo ODST > Halo Wars > Halo 2.
>
>
> Halo CE was the best, Halo 2 was absolute trash in the MP area, Halo 3 was meh, and Reach is the best one yet. Now we have Halo CEA which takes the 2 greatest Halo games ever and combines them.

I disagree

Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo CE > ODST > Reach

(I neglect Halo Wars because it’s an RTS which doesn’t compare to an FPS and a console based one at that)

-Halo 2 was bad in so many ways. Glitches, cheaters, terrible ranking system, awful matchmaking, decent campaign. But what made it great is something that can’t be recreated, the community. You’d get online and all your friends would be playing Halo 2, and you’d play fun games like Zombies and Lava Man.

-Halo 3 was technically the best well put together. It still had a great community, but it also had competition. CoD, Gears, and other games took players away.

-Halo CE was only good because of nostalgia. Remembering all those things you thought you were great, but now you only realize weren’t that great.

-ODST was pretty much a half a game. Cool campaign and the noire theme was awesome. But not anything great.

-Reach was kinda like a huge experiment in Halo. How far could the boundaries be pushed before Halo didn’t feel like Halo. I only pray that 343i learns from Bungie’s mistakes (arena, bloom, armor abilities) and continues with the good things (memorable campaigns, epic multiplayer, amazing forge)

THANK YOU!!!

People don’t realize that nostalgia can warp your memories of things. If 343 said the Halo 4 BR/DMR would be a 3 shot kill, would it go over well? No, it wouldn’t. But the Halo CE pistol? You should get my point.

> It was the first attempt at a halo game.

And it’s the best Halo game to date.

You are quite incorrect. I regularly LAN Halo 1 on Xbox, usually with 8 or more people.

Anyone who’s actually given it enough of a chance to get good at the multiplayer knows that tanks are extremely easy to take down with a pistol or sniper.

> THANK YOU!!!
>
> People don’t realize that nostalgia can warp your memories of things. If 343 said the Halo 4 BR/DMR would be a 3 shot kill, would it go over well? No, it wouldn’t. But the Halo CE pistol? You should get my point.

Getting a 3 shot kill is not common, most of the time you’ll end up hitting the chest. You also have to lead your shots.

wow, good post OP

And the Halo 2 -Yoink!--fest has arrived…

Halo CE is better than Halo 2. If CE had Live, there would be no discussion about this.