failing to get into a lobby

So for that last few months whenever my friends and I play 9 times out of 10 one or more of us will usually not get into a lobby when searching for a match, and if we do all manage to get into a match together after said match one or more of us will fail to get into the next lobby, I’m sure 343i won’t fix this issue but i was wondering if there were any workarounds or ways to troubleshoot this issue

> 2533274811637244;1:
> So for that last few months whenever my friends and I play 9 times out of 10 one or more of us will usually not get into a lobby when searching for a match, and if we do all manage to get into a match together after said match one or more of us will fail to get into the next lobby, I’m sure 343i won’t fix this issue but i was wondering if there were any workarounds or ways to troubleshoot this issue

I believe this is called the “first game glitch” I suffer from it all of the time.
The workaround that I found is to load up a custom game by yourself as soon as you log into the game. Just walk around for 10 seconds or so then end the custom game. From there you should be able to load into matches without an issue.

It’s something to do with the dedicated servers and some weird bug. Not sure why it happens but this is the fix that works for me.

I had exactly the same problem when I was playing halo 5.