Failed to write during MM Grifball Help plz

I was going into a game of Grifball and my 360 frozen at the black screen before the game started for a minute or two, during that time I was getting worried, my 360 has said failed to write a lot during the past few months =(

But then it dropped me into the game during the first round, after I got a kill it said failed to write, and then I hit the guide button and looked at my gamerscore and it was 0, my profile picture was also gone =(

I was able to finish the game and I got the credits for the game as well as the home field advantage challenge I think, but now I’m worried that the ban hammer might do something =(

I thought it was saying failed to write because the hard-drive was over heated, but I have my ac on and it is very cold in my room. In the past I didn’t have my ac on and the 360 was burning hot =( But right now the 360 isn’t really hot at all.

Why could this be happening ?

If your gamerscore is appearing as zero and it doesn’t display your profile picture, it is likely your account is corrupted, deleting it from your hard drive and re-downloading it from Xbox LIVE should fix the problem.

> If your gamerscore is appearing as zero and it doesn’t display your profile picture, it is likely your account is corrupted, deleting it from your hard drive and re-downloading it from Xbox LIVE should fix the problem.

How does it get corrupted though ?

I don’t see how it could get corrupted =( 360’s and gamer profiles are supposed to be pretty well designed and built so that they are resistant to failures.

I take care of my 360 very well, I make sure it isn’t dusty, I check it’s temperature every hour (I put my hand on the outside part of the 360 where the hard drive and fan is)

And if it’s hot I turn off the 360, then turn on my AC so my room get’s cold, when my room is cold I turn the 360 back on (So my 360 will get nice cold air to keep it cool) and play.

It’s just an error, it happens occasionally. Recover your GT and you’ll be fine.

> > If your gamerscore is appearing as zero and it doesn’t display your profile picture, it is likely your account is corrupted, deleting it from your hard drive and re-downloading it from Xbox LIVE should fix the problem.
>
> How does it get corrupted though ?
>
> I don’t see how it could get corrupted =( 360’s and gamer profiles are supposed to be pretty well designed and built so that they are resistant to failures.
>
> I take care of my 360 very well, I make sure it isn’t dusty, I check it’s temperature every hour (I put my hand on the outside part of the 360 where the hard drive and fan is)
>
> And if it’s hot I turn off the 360, then turn on my AC so my room get’s cold, when my room is cold I turn the 360 back on (So my 360 will get nice cold air to keep it cool) and play.

Apologies for the late reply, I have no idea how they get corrupted, sometimes they just do, errors with games and stuff, but like snickerdoodle said, recovering should sort you out.

corruption sometimes happens but just do what snickerdoodle and the little moa said and everything will be fine

> It’s just an error, it happens occasionally. Recover your GT and you’ll be fine.

Ok I will do that when it happens.

Thank you snickerdoodle, The Little Moa, and X darkstatic X =)

ps If it happens during matchmaking does it put me at risk of getting the ban-hammer at all ?