Factions

Recently, I had seen a video regarding the different possibilities between what factions could exist and what most likely wouldn’t.

If anything, I personally have a partial belief that besides the three probable and obvious ones(UNSC, Prometheans and whatever is left of what could be considered the Covenant), I think the Flood may come around this time, and that seems like its becoming more and more hinted at. With the Cortana Logic Plague theory going on and the whole absence of the Flood for so long, not to mention the MCC November Update, it seems like everything is leading up to the Flood’s arrival in the new game.

Though, hell, maybe they could legitimately bring in the Banished for all I know. Or maybe even some new faction; though that seems one unlikely and two awfully placed for the third installment in the saga. But if I were to say maybe anything for a faction to bring more prevalence to about this time, even though I still hold to the idea that it would be a bit off to place a new one in Infinite, I’d say the Forerunners.

God knows insurrectionists don’t have a big enough role in the world of the games of Halo to be genuinely considered, but whatever the case.

Thoughts?

As much as I want to see the Flood and Banished I think adding those two would make the game too crowded. I’d rather them finish off the factions that were in H5.

Side note, are the covenant done? I remember there was a big battle on Sanghelios but are they completely wiped out? If they are then I could send the Banished taking their place, and if there’s Banished there’d probably be Flood as well.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> As much as I want to see the Flood and Banished I think adding those two would make the game too crowded. I’d rather them finish off the factions that were in H5.
>
> Side note, are the covenant done? I remember there was a big battle on Sanghelios but are they completely wiped out? If they are then I could send the Banished taking their place, and if there’s Banished there’d probably be Flood as well.

I agree. I was worried as well for if there was so many players at once the game would feel too full and too chaotic in the sense of the wide game.

And I believe that the Covenant are done as we knew them in H5, yep. At least Jul’s. Though it does bring up for debate: Is there any sort of splinter cells of the Covenant that still remain? As far as I know, that would leave the only major force similar in the force of the Covenant to be the Banished, just with different ideologies and etc.

That also brings up the question: Since the Covenant we knew are now dissolved/destroyed:

1. What will happen to them?
  2. If they are gone for good, will and what will come to replace them?

Considering H4-H5 revolved around combat between the three factions (Prometheans, UNSC, Covies), the fact the Covies aren’t as big of a play as they would be in Halo Infinite would mean there would kinda be some room to potentially fit in a new faction, if they aren’t in someway reformed into some other Covenant or a splinter cell of the Covies comes out and says “whats up, boys”.

> 2535412047994244;3:
> > 2533275031939856;2:
> > As much as I want to see the Flood and Banished I think adding those two would make the game too crowded. I’d rather them finish off the factions that were in H5.
> >
> > Side note, are the covenant done? I remember there was a big battle on Sanghelios but are they completely wiped out? If they are then I could send the Banished taking their place, and if there’s Banished there’d probably be Flood as well.
>
> I agree. I was worried as well for if there was so many players at once the game would feel too full and too chaotic in the sense of the wide game.
>
> And I believe that the Covenant are done as we knew them in H5, yep. At least Jul’s. Though it does bring up for debate: Is there any sort of splinter cells of the Covenant that still remain? As far as I know, that would leave the only major force similar in the force of the Covenant to be the Banished, just with different ideologies and etc.
>
> That also brings up the question: Since the Covenant we knew are now dissolved/destroyed:
> 1. What will happen to them?
> 2. If they are gone for good, will and what will come to replace them?
>
> Considering H4-H5 revolved around combat between the three factions (Prometheans, UNSC, Covies), the fact the Covies aren’t as big of a play as they would be in Halo Infinite would mean there would kinda be some room to potentially fit in a new faction, if they aren’t in someway reformed into some other Covenant or a splinter cell of the Covies comes out and says “whats up, boys”.

Right I keep forgetting the H4/5 covenant was lead by Jul, they threw away that character so nonchalantly I forget he existed (will always be salty about that lol). I think it’s entirely possible there could be more splinter groups of covenant but I think it’s more likely the Banished will just fill their place.

> 2533275031939856;4:
> > 2535412047994244;3:
> > > 2533275031939856;2:
> > > As much as I want to see the Flood and Banished I think adding those two would make the game too crowded. I’d rather them finish off the factions that were in H5.
> > >
> > > Side note, are the covenant done? I remember there was a big battle on Sanghelios but are they completely wiped out? If they are then I could send the Banished taking their place, and if there’s Banished there’d probably be Flood as well.
> >
> > I agree. I was worried as well for if there was so many players at once the game would feel too full and too chaotic in the sense of the wide game.
> >
> > And I believe that the Covenant are done as we knew them in H5, yep. At least Jul’s. Though it does bring up for debate: Is there any sort of splinter cells of the Covenant that still remain? As far as I know, that would leave the only major force similar in the force of the Covenant to be the Banished, just with different ideologies and etc.
> >
> > That also brings up the question: Since the Covenant we knew are now dissolved/destroyed:
> > 1. What will happen to them?
> > 2. If they are gone for good, will and what will come to replace them?
> >
> > Considering H4-H5 revolved around combat between the three factions (Prometheans, UNSC, Covies), the fact the Covies aren’t as big of a play as they would be in Halo Infinite would mean there would kinda be some room to potentially fit in a new faction, if they aren’t in someway reformed into some other Covenant or a splinter cell of the Covies comes out and says “whats up, boys”.
>
> Right I keep forgetting the H4/5 covenant was lead by Jul, they threw away that character so nonchalantly I forget he existed (will always be salty about that lol). I think it’s entirely possible there could be more splinter groups of covenant but I think it’s more likely the Banished will just fill their place.

Completely agree with you there.

I’d imagine them or the Flood. Then again, we literally have:
UNSC
Cortana’s “Covenant” (Prometheans)
That are definitely still in play in the present time with major importance, with the Swords of Sanghelios under the UNSC-SOS allegiance or whatever, thats what I call it. With that said, we have the possibility of:
-Flood
-Banished
-Forerunners(Like, more than what we’ve already seen, even though this is prolly a bit of a longshot)
-Insurrectionists(Also a longshot, they have almost no relevance in the Halo games)
-Something new(Primordials? A new race? A new general Faction like some Hunter ruled armada with this giant Gravemind-like worm mass as the leader?)

Whatever the case, we have potential wiggle room, and the Covenant we know seem to be fading for now.

I have a strong feeling a lot of things will go down in HI. It is called “Infinite”. I think during the middle or last part of the game we will see the Banished & Flood. Why would they tease us with that HW2 ending to not have that connect with the next game? And I highly doubt HW3 will happen anytime soon so it’s safe to assume we will see some HW2 conflict in Halo Infinite.

I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.

> 2533274907586463;6:
> I have a strong feeling a lot of things will go down in HI. It is called “Infinite”. I think during the middle or last part of the game we will see the Banished & Flood. Why would they tease us with that HW2 ending to not have that connect with the next game? And I highly doubt HW3 will happen anytime soon so it’s safe to assume we will see some HW2 conflict in Halo Infinite.

I earnestly agree with the idea that the Flood could have a pretty valid place in Halo Infinite. With that said, the extended time that 343 will be taking to make Halo Infinite, especially since its been running since 2015, I can say this game will have a lot of things in it, whether it be factions or just general story to it. As for the Flood, with the MCC November Update and all the Flood related content that has been rather coming up, its safe to say something is definitely going on with the Flood. And sooner or later, the Flood is gonna explode out of nowhere.

> 2533275010817669;7:
> I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.

I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,

I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.

> 2533275031939856;2:
> As much as I want to see the Flood and Banished I think adding those two would make the game too crowded. I’d rather them finish off the factions that were in H5.
>
> Side note, are the covenant done? I remember there was a big battle on Sanghelios but are they completely wiped out? If they are then I could send the Banished taking their place, and if there’s Banished there’d probably be Flood as well.

Yes, the covenant is in shambles, the battle on Sangheilios destroyed their last stronghold. The only ones left are likely a few miscalanious squads that may have been able to hold out on other worlds. I’d imagine that what’s left of the covenant would see potential for a new leader in Atriox and his Banished.

Since the covenant is gone I think it would be good for the Banished to replace them, it’s obvious that the UNSC and the Created will both be in Halo Infinite, so we need a third faction because halo has always been known for its 3-way battles on large scales.

Hmm… Perhaps the Insurrectionist might appear on Zeta Halo, it would be a nice change to fight other humans in halo without having the UNSC hate you for the rest of the mission.

> 2535412047994244;8:
> > 2533274907586463;6:
> >
>
>
>
> > 2533275010817669;7:
> > I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> > In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> > Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> > However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.
>
> I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,
>
> I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.

It’s basically next to impossible for the Banished to be in Halo Infinite unless the game takes us back to the Ark.
I talk about the game’s events occurring in Zeta Halo specifically because of the lore. No other Halo ring has the biodiversity and life that Zeta Halo has, not to mention that we have no idea who wrote those letters in the cave. Heck, they’re not even in the Forerunner alphabet, which could only hint us that it were Ancient Humans, and only Zeta Halo has had such an history with them and the Primordium (book) proves it. Yes, it may not be the only location in the game, but it’s likely to be a focal point.

Again, I’d be disappointed if the Flood wasn’t in Infinite if it was set in Zeta Halo.
There is only 1 Primordial. It’s also known as The Captive and The Timeless One… and it died long ago, at least it’s body. It’s consciousness became the Flood’s. If the Flood has a role in Infinite, then so does the Primordial, just like in CE, 2 and 3.

> 2533275010817669;12:
> > 2535412047994244;8:
> > > 2533274907586463;6:
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> > > In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> > > Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> > > However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.
> >
> > I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,
> >
> > I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.
>
> It’s basically next to impossible for the Banished to be in Halo Infinite unless the game takes us back to the Ark.
> I talk about the game’s events occurring in Zeta Halo specifically because of the lore. No other Halo ring has the biodiversity and life that Zeta Halo has, not to mention that we have no idea who wrote those letters in the cave. Heck, they’re not even in the Forerunner alphabet, which could only hint us that it were Ancient Humans, and only Zeta Halo has had such an history with them and the Primordium (book) proves it. Yes, it may not be the only location in the game, but it’s likely to be a focal point.
>
> Again, I’d be disappointed if the Flood wasn’t in Infinite if it was set in Zeta Halo.
> There is only 1 Primordial. It’s also known as The Captive and The Timeless One… and it died long ago, at least it’s body. It’s consciousness became the Flood’s. If the Flood has a role in Infinite, then so does the Primordial, just like in CE, 2 and 3.

I don’t think the ship in HW2 was the only Banished ship. If you look closely at the cutscene where the shipmaster kneels before Atriox, there’s 2 ships in the background. It’s likely that the Banished has a mini fleet. Anders will definetly show up somewhere in Halo Infinite as well. It’s a safe assumption by the way HW2 ended. How do you think Cortana is going to feel after Anders tells her there are UNSC and Banished fighting over control of the Ark? That should be a major plot point right there. Eventually Cortana & The Created will go to the Ark which will probably lead the Infinity there as well once they hear the SoF needs help. I believe Zeta Halo won’t be the only location in HI. It’s very possible we will have 3 locations (Zeta, 04c, The Ark).

> 2533274907586463;13:
> > 2533275010817669;12:
> > > 2535412047994244;8:
> > > > 2533274907586463;6:
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > > I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> > > > In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> > > > Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> > > > However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.
> > >
> > > I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,
> > >
> > > I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.
> >
> > It’s basically next to impossible for the Banished to be in Halo Infinite unless the game takes us back to the Ark.
> > I talk about the game’s events occurring in Zeta Halo specifically because of the lore. No other Halo ring has the biodiversity and life that Zeta Halo has, not to mention that we have no idea who wrote those letters in the cave. Heck, they’re not even in the Forerunner alphabet, which could only hint us that it were Ancient Humans, and only Zeta Halo has had such an history with them and the Primordium (book) proves it. Yes, it may not be the only location in the game, but it’s likely to be a focal point.
> >
> > Again, I’d be disappointed if the Flood wasn’t in Infinite if it was set in Zeta Halo.
> > There is only 1 Primordial. It’s also known as The Captive and The Timeless One… and it died long ago, at least it’s body. It’s consciousness became the Flood’s. If the Flood has a role in Infinite, then so does the Primordial, just like in CE, 2 and 3.
>
> I don’t think the ship in HW2 was the only Banished ship. If you look closely at the cutscene where the shipmaster kneels before Atriox, there’s 2 ships in the background. It’s likely that the Banished has a mini fleet. Anders will definetly show up somewhere in Halo Infinite as well. It’s a safe assumption by the way HW2 ended. How do you think Cortana is going to feel after Anders tells her there are UNSC and Banished fighting over control of the Ark? That should be a major plot point right there. Eventually Cortana & The Created will go to the Ark which will probably lead the Infinity there as well once they hear the SoF needs help. I believe Zeta Halo won’t be the only location in HI. It’s very possible we will have 3 locations (Zeta, 04c, The Ark).

Yknow, you do bring a fair point to the table. With the armies Atriox had as it is, and the technology, its very much possible that one ship wasn’t all he had, let alone that be his only army. And with what SilentRebel said, its also likely for the Covies who are left to maybe have turned their eyes to either the Created or the Banished.

As with the Flood, I would imagine if not a direct play that the Spirit of Fire is at least referenced in some storyline. But as I would hope, the games could finally connect at this marker, Halo Infinite. Considering Cortana basically is in hold of such a large and that said intimidating force, the Ark could really prove a major plot if the story chooses to separate from Chief on Zeta Halo.

Really, the story has a lot of things left that can have a big place, considering by the game’s title is literally “Halo: Infinite”. SoF is off, the Created has been formed, the Covies have practically fallen, the Flood have awakened themselves, and it sure is clear that the UNSC aren’t gonna handle this one any easier than they did with Prometheans in Spartan Ops flooding the ship. It feels as if now is a better time than ever to make them cross more thoroughly, which does rouse some excitement. Though I do imagine Chief’s story will be rather odd, him roaming on Zeta Halo for what purpose I’m not aware of.

On a different subject, the Insurrectionists are an interesting yet probably not likely idea in the Halo games. Despite all the way in the Halo 5 promotions members of Blue Team sported that red & white color, it doesn’t seem right for them to fit in this world, especially at its time right now.

> 2535412047994244;14:
> > 2533274907586463;13:
> > > 2533275010817669;12:
> > > > 2535412047994244;8:
> > > > > 2533274907586463;6:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > > > I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> > > > > In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> > > > > Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> > > > > However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.
> > > >
> > > > I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,
> > > >
> > > > I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.
> >
> > I don’t think the ship in HW2 was the only Banished ship. If you look closely at the cutscene where the shipmaster kneels before Atriox, there’s 2 ships in the background. It’s likely that the Banished has a mini fleet. Anders will definetly show up somewhere in Halo Infinite as well. It’s a safe assumption by the way HW2 ended. How do you think Cortana is going to feel after Anders tells her there are UNSC and Banished fighting over control of the Ark? That should be a major plot point right there. Eventually Cortana & The Created will go to the Ark which will probably lead the Infinity there as well once they hear the SoF needs help. I believe Zeta Halo won’t be the only location in HI. It’s very possible we will have 3 locations (Zeta, 04c, The Ark).
>
> Yknow, you do bring a fair point to the table. With the armies Atriox had as it is, and the technology, its very much possible that one ship wasn’t all he had, let alone that be his only army. And with what SilentRebel said, its also likely for the Covies who are left to maybe have turned their eyes to either the Created or the Banished.
>
> As with the Flood, I would imagine if not a direct play that the Spirit of Fire is at least referenced in some storyline. But as I would hope, the games could finally connect at this marker, Halo Infinite. Considering Cortana basically is in hold of such a large and that said intimidating force, the Ark could really prove a major plot if the story chooses to separate from Chief on Zeta Halo.
>
> Really, the story has a lot of things left that can have a big place, considering by the game’s title is literally “Halo: Infinite”. SoF is off, the Created has been formed, the Covies have practically fallen, the Flood have awakened themselves, and it sure is clear that the UNSC aren’t gonna handle this one any easier than they did with Prometheans in Spartan Ops flooding the ship. It feels as if now is a better time than ever to make them cross more thoroughly, which does rouse some excitement. Though I do imagine Chief’s story will be rather odd, him roaming on Zeta Halo for what purpose I’m not aware of.

Anders will definitely be in Infinite. Otherwise, how would HW2 affect Infinite as 343 said so?

343 also said that just because Infinite will conclude the supposed Reclaimer trilogy, it’s worth noting that this is no longer a trilogy, but a saga. Meaning that Infinite may not be the last main Halo game and we may potentially see a Halo 7 in the future. If the Ark proves to be a major plot point again, it could have a bigger impact in Halo 7 if my theory is right.

As to find Zeta Halo’s purpose, we’ll have to wait and see, as we had with all the other Halo games.

> 2533275010817669;15:
> > 2535412047994244;14:
> > > 2533274907586463;13:
> > > > 2533275010817669;12:
> > > > > 2535412047994244;8:
> > > > > > 2533274907586463;6:
> > > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > > 2533275010817669;7:
> > > > > > I like to believe that the Created an Covenant will not be separate factions. I keep coming back to this single line all the time, but I feel like it’s something that should be remembered when talking about potentials for Halo Infinite.
> > > > > > In the mission Guardians, in Halo 5, Cortana directly speaks with every specie. She invites them to join her or be slain. Seeing her power and the likelyhood that Infinite takes 2 years after Halo 5, 2560, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. In fact, I expect the Covenant species to have a Forerunner-influence in their gear, meaning they’re allied with the Created, alias, the Prometheans. As a matter of fact, I consider the Grunt Goblin to be a gift from the Created to the Grunts, although that may be quite unlikely.
> > > > > > Taking that to account, we only have 2 factions: UNSC and the Created. I believe that the Banished won’t be included because… there’s way too many counters to even be remotely possible. For one, their (supposedly) only ship was destroyed. 2: They’re trapped on the Ark.
> > > > > > However, I believe that the Flood can still make an appearance. It’s Zeta Halo. It would be absolutely devastating to have the setting be Zeta Halo and not have an enemy which was and still is, the most critical piece in it’s history: The Flood. The Primordial, Mendicant Bias, Primordium (book). It would be such a waste of a build-up.
> > > > >
> > > > > I can kind of see that. Considering that most sides that have heard it may have genuinely found it as a striking deal, and so joined. That would also explain where the remains of the Covenant went after its dissolving. With that said though, its clear we still have sides. Though the Banished is still trapped on the Ark, we don’t know for sure what will take place with them other than the possibility of just nothing. Or who knows, maybe they’ll find a way off? And with that said, the theory(and to be fair with it, most accurate conclusion) that Infinite is stationed on Zeta Halo doesn’t mean that is the only place this game could be situated in. But whatever the case,
> > > > >
> > > > > I do agree that if Halo: Infinite doesn’t have the Flood, I’mma be a bit disappointed. I expect them greatly, and where both sides have major wars being fought (UNSC[or whatever is left of those who didn’t join Cortana, so I’ll refer to them as…Pariahs for the sake of simplification and it sounding cool] vs Created, and probably Banished vs Flood as somewhat seen in HW2’s DLC) the Flood taking a heavy prevalence in it all would kind of fit for the arc 343 is attempting to lead us into. And with the Flood, I would hope that Primordials could take some more of a role in the games other than “hey we created everything and a bi-product, which became the Flood”.
> > >
> > > I don’t think the ship in HW2 was the only Banished ship. If you look closely at the cutscene where the shipmaster kneels before Atriox, there’s 2 ships in the background. It’s likely that the Banished has a mini fleet. Anders will definetly show up somewhere in Halo Infinite as well. It’s a safe assumption by the way HW2 ended. How do you think Cortana is going to feel after Anders tells her there are UNSC and Banished fighting over control of the Ark? That should be a major plot point right there. Eventually Cortana & The Created will go to the Ark which will probably lead the Infinity there as well once they hear the SoF needs help. I believe Zeta Halo won’t be the only location in HI. It’s very possible we will have 3 locations (Zeta, 04c, The Ark).
> >
> > Yknow, you do bring a fair point to the table. With the armies Atriox had as it is, and the technology, its very much possible that one ship wasn’t all he had, let alone that be his only army. And with what SilentRebel said, its also likely for the Covies who are left to maybe have turned their eyes to either the Created or the Banished.
> >
> > As with the Flood, I would imagine if not a direct play that the Spirit of Fire is at least referenced in some storyline. But as I would hope, the games could finally connect at this marker, Halo Infinite. Considering Cortana basically is in hold of such a large and that said intimidating force, the Ark could really prove a major plot if the story chooses to separate from Chief on Zeta Halo.
> >
> > Really, the story has a lot of things left that can have a big place, considering by the game’s title is literally “Halo: Infinite”. SoF is off, the Created has been formed, the Covies have practically fallen, the Flood have awakened themselves, and it sure is clear that the UNSC aren’t gonna handle this one any easier than they did with Prometheans in Spartan Ops flooding the ship. It feels as if now is a better time than ever to make them cross more thoroughly, which does rouse some excitement. Though I do imagine Chief’s story will be rather odd, him roaming on Zeta Halo for what purpose I’m not aware of.
>
> Anders will definitely be in Infinite. Otherwise, how would HW2 affect Infinite as 343 said so?
>
> 343 also said that just because Infinite will conclude the supposed Reclaimer trilogy, it’s worth noting that this is no longer a trilogy, but a saga. Meaning that Infinite may not be the last main Halo game and we may potentially see a Halo 7 in the future. If the Ark proves to be a major plot point again, it could have a bigger impact in Halo 7 if my theory is right.
>
> As to find Zeta Halo’s purpose, we’ll have to wait and see, as we had with all the other Halo games.

Maybe you’re right. I like that idea of Halo 7 bringing us all to the Ark.