Factions Ideas: 2 Covie, 2 UNSC, Flood/Promethian?

I really like the idea of having Promethians and flood just because a significant amount of Wars 1 vets have asked for it. Lore aside, Flood in Halo Wars would simply be amazing in addition to Promethians.

I just dont see how the flood could return. they were defeated in halo 3, and this takes place after 5. only thing would be if the spore that got aboard the spirit of fire started a new outbreak. but I don’t know how it would managed to survive for over 20 years on the ship.

> 2583538179113539;2:
> I just dont see how the flood could return. they were defeated in halo 3, and this takes place after 5. only thing would be if the spore that got aboard the spirit of fire started a new outbreak. but I don’t know how it would managed to survive for over 20 years on the ship.

In one of the Halo comics, the Spirit of Fire is referenced and you see in one panel an Infection Form. Not sure which one, but I’m sure it is an issue in Escalation where Hood meets Cutter’s son, and recalls his regret in sending him to his death or something.

The Promethean’s will not be in Halo Wars 2.

> 2533274793108235;1:
> I really like the idea of having Promethians and flood just because a significant amount of Wars 1 vets have asked for it. Lore aside, Flood in Halo Wars would simply be amazing in addition to Promethians.

This is exactly how i see it too. Though if not Prometheans then Forerunners for the vanilla game at least.

> 2583538179113539;2:
> I just dont see how the flood could return. they were defeated in halo 3, and this takes place after 5. only thing would be if the spore that got aboard the spirit of fire started a new outbreak. but I don’t know how it would managed to survive for over 20 years on the ship.

Well no you are incorrect. Flood was never defeated in Halo 3, the Gravemind was. Flood is still out there and as mentioned by someone else, in Halo: Escalation a Flood infection form is shown in SoF. You’re forgetting that several Flood infection forms were in containment/confined for over 100,000 years and was still functional, though one had grown weak and couldn’t fully transform one marine. Also Flood is not alive and it is not a species either. As long as there is a single Flood spore existing, Flood will always be the ultimate threat in the whole universe and it is also the ultimate challenge for earning the Mantle of Responsibility.

Halo 3 Sangheili shipmaster - “One single Flood spore can destroy a species.” One of my favorite lines from Halo.

> 2533274840503992;4:
> The Promethean’s will not be in Halo Wars 2.

You know. In RTS games the multiplayer is never directly connected to the game’s story which means factions and races can be played in multiplayer even when they don’t show up in the campaign/story of the games. This makes it possible to have Prometheans as a playable faction in Halo Wars 2. Even if it does not happen in vanilla, it is still very possible from its future content since they will add new leaders and new leaders means new factions/subfactions. Even if Prometheans don’t show up in Halo Wars 2s story and i personally don’t expect to see them, there will be story expansions and Prometheans can easily show up in the continuation of the story. The game is also set after Halo 5, year 2559.

Understand the potential and possibility now?

> 2533274840503992;4:
> The Promethean’s will not be in Halo Wars 2.

Then why set the game post Halo 5? Surely they would only do that if they were trying to tie the game to the Reclaimer Saga and use it to help set up Halo 6. Which means introducing the Created and their Promethean army. Its literally the only reason you would want or need to set the game post Halo 5. I’d be shocked if they don’t make an appearance TBH.

They have stated in an IGN interview that they won’t be a playable faction. But that doesn’t mean they won’t appear or have a big role in the story. Think how the Necrons appeared in DoW: Winter Assault before being added as a full faction.