Fact vs Opinion

Hello, I just want to start out by saying, I joined late to the Halo fan train, I joined in late 2013. I will probably get hate for this, be called a noob and more. But that is not what this thread is about.

This is to all those people who bash others when (GASP!!) they say that Halo 4 or Reach is there favorite game. Then the “true fans” then state that this person is blinded and a 343 fan-boy, a casual, a noob.

You people need to understand the difference between the words FACT and OPINION. I am assuming you learned the meanings in school. if you can’t remember let me refresh your memory. an OPINION is something of someones personal belief and preference, an example is: I like chocolate ice cream. A FACT is something the has been proven and is reality, the truth. An example is: Obama is the most recent US President.
You guys will whine at people and tell them that you to have the right to your opinion. Fine, that is true. But that doesn’t mean when someone says something against your opinion like, " I like sprint in Halo" you can’t just burst out against them, tell them they aren’t a Halo fan or tell them to rethink there lives or even kill themselves! That is just wrong! One time I said something Hateful on these forums, that person got angry and said something back, then I said another thing back. Eventually, someone else saw this and said, " Just take a minute and think, was that necessary? Was that nice to say?" That made me think and I then apologized for my behavior. Let me expand on that, how would you feel? If you were harassed by 20 different people on every side? What if people said you weren’t a Halo fan, that you should just leave and rethink everything? huh? how would you feel? If you were the new kid, and lets say you just got Halo 4, and you loved it (bear with me) you later got a Halo-Waypoint account and could not wait to tell people of how much you loved the game and Halo as a whole, you post, and what is the response? People telling you that you should leave, that you are just a mindless moron with no sense of fun. seriously? how would you feel.

Am I saying that you don’t have a right to dislike things? No. but, haven’t you ever heard of constructive criticism? just because you don’t like where 343 is taking Halo or that someone likes what they are doing doesn’t mean you have to bash them, or even send death threats to them. I mean are you kidding me? Death threats, you keep asking why 343 barely responds to fans? I dropped my head when I learned of this. It just shows how pathetic parts of “Hardcore” fan base have become. You can’t say this was from the “343 lovers” sorry.

So, just think for a minute," If I were that person, how would I feel about reading this hateful message". And maybe you will hit that backspace button. I hope that some of you understand.

I am not trying to persuade people, nor am I saying that you can’t show your dislikes, but maybe, do it in a lighter tone. consider what others will think, and most of all Don’t ever assume things.

I’m a Halo 3 kid, i have a 50 and am a General in Halo 3 as well. I played it first week it came out (would have been first day but my xbox got taken away >.>). Personally, i loved Reach. I was a monster at Reach but i will admit the game was broke until Armor lock was removed from some playlists. Now, Halo 4 is only good if you’re playing Snipers or SWAT. Anything that has create a class, perks, ordinance or anything that gets away from Halo ruins the game.

Yeah, i feel the same way. i posted something similar a month or so back. I joined by seeing Halo 3, then i got a original xbox and played CE and 2 for a year or two. I waited to get the reach edition 360. I always fought for Halo when someone said COD was better. I always got mad when someone called MC master -Yoink-, or they called halo Halo. I never felt odst and wars were true Halo’s. Halo 4 was fun on BTB. reach infection was fun. they were fun games. I’ve mellowed out towards these things. I still don’t agree that any game is better than Halo. I still get mad mad when someone insults the game. it’s like having a favorite color, is someone going to tell me i’m wrong for liking green. I always try to be as nice to people as possible, even if we disagree.

> 2533274795324144;2:
> I’m a Halo 3 kid, i have a 50 and am a General in Halo 3 as well. I played it first week it came out (would have been first day but my xbox got taken away >.>). Personally, i loved Reach. I was a monster at Reach but i will admit the game was broke until Armor lock was removed from some playlists. Now, Halo 4 is only good if you’re playing Snipers or SWAT. Anything that has create a class, perks, ordinance or anything that gets away from Halo ruins the game.

Started playing halo online with halo 3. Good to see someone else that enjoyed reach. Loved that game, still my favorite halo multiplayer to date

This.

I don’t care if you like the newer Halo’s or not. It’s nice if you like it. I won’t bash you. But I will bash you if you state that Halo needs the new implements to “evolve” or that Halo will die unless you add in things like Clamber, Smart Link, Jet Packs or Sprint because that’s just false. Those are some of the things that killed Halo in the first place. Alas, I’m heading a bit off topic.

If you state Halo is evolving with the new mechanics I’m going to stop you and say no, they’re doing a vast change.

I don’t care if you like or dislike the new or old Halo games, but I do care if you state things which are false and I will bash you to hell for it.

I’m sorry, but unfortunately this thread isn’t going to change anything, and it also has nothing to do with Halo 5. The reality of it is, the people you’re trying to reach aren’t going to read this thread, and even if they did, they wouldn’t listen to you. People who are jerks on the internet most often are not jerks because they don’t understand, but because they don’t care. No amount of reasoning will stop them from insulting you for your opinions.

No matter how good the intention, this isn’t worth a thread. If somebody is being a jerk to you, the most useful thing thing you can do is report their post. If somebody is being a total jerk to everyone, you can even message a moderator about it, and we’ll see what needs to be done.