Facing champions on a fresh acc

I wanted to test out the ranking and mmr. So i decided to make a new account and start playing ranked. I just did 5 placements matches and its funny becouse i faced 4 teams and 3 of them were even champions. So of the 5 games i lost 4. Im an exp player and they gave me a hard time. So thats how it feels when your new to halo and start playing multiplayer. Sweety games from the start.
343 its time to fix some things

I’m guessing you expected to match up with Bronze and Silver players on your new account? The current matchmaking system has measures in place to detect smurfing and it looks like it detected your account just fine. There’s nothing to fix here - brand new accounts will ahve their skill detected in a few matches and be placed appropriately. Unless they’re actually smurfing on an Onyx account like you were, they’re not going to be facing teams of champs off the bat

So…you proved that the matchmaking/ranking systems are working correctly and can tell what skill a player belongs at quickly.

Awesome. :slight_smile:

> 2533274813317074;2:
> I’m guessing you expected to match up with Bronze and Silver players on your new account? The current matchmaking system has measures in place to detect smurfing and it looks like it detected your account just fine. There’s nothing to fix here - brand new accounts will ahve their skill detected in a few matches and be placed appropriately. Unless they’re actually smurfing on an Onyx account like you were, they’re not going to be facing teams of champs off the bat

It was a complete new gamertag. How can the game know my skill at the very 1rst game?

> 2533274796457055;3:
> So…you proved that the matchmaking/ranking systems are working correctly and can tell what skill a player belongs at quickly.
>
> Awesome. :slight_smile:

Well i wouldn’t say correctly. If it noticed im like an onyx skill based player before i started the very first game and it matches me against 2 champions and 2 onyx and with 2 platinum and 1 diamond player in my team. In what way could the system see that as a fair game?

> 2533274836220946;4:
> It was a complete new gamertag. How can the game know my skill at the very 1rst game?

Because 343 / MS have ways of detecting people who are using alternate accounts to play and it used the skill levels of your primary account when you went matchmaking on your smurf.

> 2533274813317074;6:
> > 2533274836220946;4:
> > It was a complete new gamertag. How can the game know my skill at the very 1rst game?
>
> Because 343 / MS have ways of detecting people who are using alternate accounts to play and it used the skill levels of your primary account when you went matchmaking on your smurf.

I agree with this. However, I do have to wonder, if my SO plays on her account, and she’s noticably worse than I am (me being Champ level and she’s never played Halo in her life), then what exactly detects it being a smurph? Length of time the account has existed?

> 2533274795739611;7:
> > 2533274813317074;6:
> > > 2533274836220946;4:
> > > It was a complete new gamertag. How can the game know my skill at the very 1rst game?
> >
> > Because 343 / MS have ways of detecting people who are using alternate accounts to play and it used the skill levels of your primary account when you went matchmaking on your smurf.
>
> I agree with this. However, I do have to wonder, if my SO plays on her account, and she’s noticably worse than I am (me being Champ level and she’s never played Halo in her life), then what exactly detects it being a smurph? Length of time the account has existed?

Thats what i was wondering aswell.

I doubt that information is going to be released

> 2533274813317074;9:
> I doubt that information is going to be released

Well understandably so, but even something like the length of time existing won’t really change things now as much as it would later. It’s not like people are going to stock up on fresh accounts and not touch them for 6+ months or whatever for the sole purpose of smurphing for a couple hundred matches tops. I’m just glad that whatever they have in place is working as it should to filter these people correctly.

> 2533274836220946;5:
> > 2533274796457055;3:
> > So…you proved that the matchmaking/ranking systems are working correctly and can tell what skill a player belongs at quickly.
> >
> > Awesome. :slight_smile:
>
> Well i wouldn’t say correctly. If it noticed im like an onyx skill based player before i started the very first game and it matches me against 2 champions and 2 onyx and with 2 platinum and 1 diamond player in my team. In what way could the system see that as a fair game?

In placements you’ll usually face a wide range of skill so it’s not really unusual to be in a game with Onyx on your first game. And my guess is, you didn’t do too poorly in that game so it kept you there because it could tell based on your gameplay that you’re an Onyx player.

So yeah, it’s totally working as intended which is great. :slight_smile:

> 2533274796457055;11:
> > 2533274836220946;5:
> > > 2533274796457055;3:
> > > So…you proved that the matchmaking/ranking systems are working correctly and can tell what skill a player belongs at quickly.
> > >
> > > Awesome. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Well i wouldn’t say correctly. If it noticed im like an onyx skill based player before i started the very first game and it matches me against 2 champions and 2 onyx and with 2 platinum and 1 diamond player in my team. In what way could the system see that as a fair game?
>
> In placements you’ll usually face a wide range of skill so it’s not really unusual to be in a game with Onyx on your first game. And my guess is, you didn’t do too poorly in that game so it kept you there because it could tell based on your gameplay that you’re an Onyx player.
>
> So yeah, it’s totally working as intended which is great. :slight_smile:

its not working great and you know it. Many people are complaining about it but there post get banned so quick its redicilous.
It puts you in games that are to hard for you 9 outa 10 times so you lose. It gives you -Yoink- teammates so you lose. I can hold my own most of the times but my team can’t. When i get an avarage of 30% win its sad. The system gives me so low teammates like i could 1v4 these champions… and if we talk about progression, there isn’t. Its all over the forum that people are locked at there rank. What fun is that? I would love to see in the future that the mmr isn’t pushing that hard and go for more randomness. That works way better then this becouse i as a decent player get punisched with crappy team that has to face teams of 2-3-4. Ruins my fun in the game after losing 8 times in a row. And about the ranking sysyem i would love to see something like halo 3 with the numbers. Something to fight for. But that an easyer system like 1-100 skill with +2 for a win and a -1 for a loss. Makes it more fun for the community. But thats just my opinion, i don’t think 343 cares about the community’s opinion.

Bottom line: The game is a wasteland.

There simply aren’t enough players dedicated to playing any single ranked playlist at any given time of day to give us favorable matchmaking results.

> 2533274813317074;2:
> I’m guessing you expected to match up with Bronze and Silver players on your new account? The current matchmaking system has measures in place to detect smurfing and it looks like it detected your account just fine. There’s nothing to fix here - brand new accounts will ahve their skill detected in a few matches and be placed appropriately. Unless they’re actually smurfing on an Onyx account like you were, they’re not going to be facing teams of champs off the bat

I am wondering if IP Address has some relation. In any event he is basically a high level player that is upset that he didn’t get to dip and dive on lowbies for a few weeks before MMR figured him out?

I mean it sounds like a MMR2 win in this particular scenario.

> 2533274836220946;1:
> I wanted to test out the ranking and mmr. So i decided to make a new account and start playing ranked. I just did 5 placements matches and its funny becouse i faced 4 teams and 3 of them were even champions. So of the 5 games i lost 4. Im an exp player and they gave me a hard time. So thats how it feels when your new to halo and start playing multiplayer. Sweety games from the start.
> 343 its time to fix some things

Lol, they fixed the smurfing issue a long time ago. You matching champs was their way of punishing you. Usually one would match gold or platinum players, but 343 knows who is making the smurf accounts they monitor your activity. Don’t you think that they would have fixed the problem for people who smurf? For example lets say you’re logged on to your real account and you make another one. They see that as soon as your account goes AWOL the new one is active and both are online. And even if you log off. They see the new account logged on not long before/after your real one logged off. It would be hard to fool them that your a new player.

> 2533274813317074;6:
> > 2533274836220946;4:
> > It was a complete new gamertag. How can the game know my skill at the very 1rst game?
>
> Because 343 / MS have ways of detecting people who are using alternate accounts to play and it used the skill levels of your primary account when you went matchmaking on your smurf.

What if my smurf acc has a higher mmr/csr then my main account

> 2535450897735746;16:
> What if my smurf acc has a higher mmr/csr then my main account

Means you played a little better during those games is all

> 2533274813317074;17:
> > 2535450897735746;16:
> > What if my smurf acc has a higher mmr/csr then my main account
>
> Means you played a little better during those games is all

Or i played with someone who has such a low mmr i never played anyone who was on par and had a really easy time getting 25 plus kills and ending the game in under 5 min because ill play with friends who are silver because you dont get punished anymore you get a huge csr and mmr increase

This current system that 343i has is actually good.

Ever played Overwatch before? The game is full of smurfs because people make new accounts and try to play “fresh” with Halo 5s system we can kind of avoid that luxury.

Also remember it is ranked, and the Halo series is known for having some of the most hard core “sweaty” players when it comes to ranked matches.

I agree completely. I think the system works well and avoids players that are lower ranked that play constantly wont have to worry about getting smashed by smurfs.

CSGO, Overwatch, and R6S are known games that have an insane amount of smurfs that can ruin a new or lower skilled players experience.