Fable 3 free is for me!

Well a free game is always a welcomed addition.Finally all that money spent for XBL is coming back.So thank you microsoft.While many did not like Fable 3, i enjoyed it greatly and getting to experience the game again for free is something i welcome.

Please note the free is only for people that have Gold memberships.

For those confused about how to get it heres what you do.

Step 1.Go to games tab in the main menu then to search games.
Step 2.Type in F,a,b then it should show up on the list, then select it.
Step 3.select the first option all the way to the left, then Press X to buy with microsoft point.If you try to buy with a card you will get a error.Then confirm download, it should be over 5 gigs.

Step 4.Download,wait, and enjoy your free Fable 3.

This will be how you will DL AC2 and Halo 3 in the future.Hope this helps some that were confused on how to attain your free game.

Now what do you think about Fable 3?Do you like it or hate?Please leave your opinions and what you hope will be available in the near future.

Side note:This was the only part of the forum that seemed acceptable to post this as it concerned a aspect of the Xbox.

I think its only free for Gold Users.

Fable 3 is an excellent game despite the many grievances people seem to have with it.

> I think its only free for Gold Users.
>
> Fable 3 is an excellent game despite the many grievances people seem to have with it.

I agree and thank you for mentioning about the gold bit.I edited the OP to mention that a gold membership is required to benefit from this.

This is freaking awesome! I just got mine too! Here’s to hoping that now free games will be given away occasionally!

Downloading it now. Thanks for the heads up man! :smiley:

DLing right now.
Been thinking about getting this for awhile now.
Anyways, thanks for the heads up.
No spoilers please.

Your welcome, and remember to check back every 2 weeks or so for a new title.Which AC2 and H3 are confirmed titles that will appear in the future.This will go on until the X1 launches in November.They may continue it after but for now it’s safe to assume this is a one time deal to my knowledge.

You are only allowed 2 Downloads per month as well.

> Your welcome, and remember to check back every 2 weeks or so for a new title.Which AS2 and H3 are confirmed titles that will appear in the future.This will go on until the X1 launches in November.They may continue it after but for now it’s safe to assume this is a one time deal to my knowledge.
>
> You are only allowed 2 Downloads per month as well.

Dude, AC2! That’s awesome, I remember that that game had an awesome campaign.

I haven’t actually played much Fable aside from Fable 2 with my cousin a little bit. (I’ve got like 15 Achievements in it.) I don’t know a lot about it, but what I played of Fable 2 was pretty fun, so I’ll definitely get 3! Can’t pass up a free game! It sucks that my Gold expired yesterday, though. I’ll have to download the game when I have a chance to renew it.

> This will be how you will download AS2 and Halo 3 in the future.

AS2? What on earth is AS2?

Whoa! Never played a Fable game, maybe I will check it out. Thanks Yummy!

> > This will be how you will download AS2 and Halo 3 in the future.
>
> AS2? What on earth is AS2?

I think he means AC2.

Downloaded it last night, yet to play it though. I’m looking forward to it as I was a big fan of the first game. I do have fable 2 as well (purchased a few years ago) but haven’t played that one yet.

Will not playing it affect my enjoyment of fable iii’s story or is it not really that important?

It’s funny, I traded for a copy of Fable III a month ago, but I’d rather play the game from the hard drive than the disc.

Microsoft is also giving away Halo 3 and Assassin’s Creed 2 in July (to Gold members only). I bought these as Games on Demand during the great sale earlier this year, and now I wonder why I ever buy anything. Still, hope the Halo 3 population soars when everyone and anyone with a Gold membership and 6 GB extra hard drive space can own it.

> Downloaded it last night, yet to play it though. I’m looking forward to it as I was a big fan of the first game. I do have fable 2 as well (purchased a few years ago) but haven’t played that one yet.
>
> Will not playing it affect my enjoyment of fable iii’s story or is it not really that important?

You can play Fable 3 without playing Fable 2, and it will not ruin the game whatsoever.The person you play are related to the hero from Fable 2 but not in any game breaking way.The game makes references here and there but little else beyond that.Fable 3 is it’s own game, so you don’t even have to play the first one.

In short, Fable 3 stands by itself without the help of the game prior.

> > > This will be how you will download AS2 and Halo 3 in the future.
> >
> > AS2? What on earth is AS2?
>
> I think he means AC2.

Lol sorry, i fixed all of my posts that had AS2 and fixed them to AC2 haha.Not sure how i mixed it up like that.Sorry for any confusion.

Hey whats up everyone.

Is anyone getting the error can’t download Fable 3. Just tried downloading it right now. I’m just going to the game tab, search games… I’m typing in fable 3… And I’m clicking on the free download tab.

I have enough Gigs on the drive. Not to sure what else it can be. I will try again when I wake up.

And for now, is there anything I’m missing here?? Any help would be great please.

Cool thread too by the way, interesting way for me to have found this out through here.

> Hey whats up everyone.
>
> Is anyone getting the error can’t download Fable 3. Just tried downloading it right now. I’m just going to the game tab, search games… I’m typing in fable 3… And I’m clicking on the free download tab.
>
> I have enough Gigs on the drive. Not to sure what else it can be. I will try again when I wake up.
>
> And for now, is there anything I’m missing here?? Any help would be great please.
>
>
> Cool thread too by the way, interesting way for me to have found this out through here.

Have you tried changing how to purchase it? (Download)

Because it wasn’t letting me download it through the free payment method as I had no details in at the time so I changed it to Microsoft points and it let me download it.

If that’s not the case I’m not sure. Could they be changing the game that’s free as we’re nearly halfway through June?

> > Hey whats up everyone.
> >
> > Is anyone getting the error can’t download Fable 3. Just tried downloading it right now. I’m just going to the game tab, search games… I’m typing in fable 3… And I’m clicking on the free download tab.
> >
> > I have enough Gigs on the drive. Not to sure what else it can be. I will try again when I wake up.
> >
> > And for now, is there anything I’m missing here?? Any help would be great please.
> >
> >
> > Cool thread too by the way, interesting way for me to have found this out through here.
>
> Have you tried changing how to purchase it? (Download)
>
> Because it wasn’t letting me download it through the free payment method as I had no details in at the time so I changed it to Microsoft points and it let me download it.
>
> If that’s not the case I’m not sure. Could they be changing the game that’s free as we’re nearly halfway through June?

Hey thanks for the response.

Just wanted to come back and say that I was able to finish downloading the game. Well what it was doing is it was not downloading it too 100 percent. It would stop and say can’t download Fable 3, so I ended up re clicking the free download tab a few more times when it would stop the download. Didn’t take to long but was still able to completely download it. So yeah Fable 3 is a free game for now.

It works, this was good to know.

> > > Hey whats up everyone.
> > >
> > > Is anyone getting the error can’t download Fable 3. Just tried downloading it right now. I’m just going to the game tab, search games… I’m typing in fable 3… And I’m clicking on the free download tab.
> > >
> > > I have enough Gigs on the drive. Not to sure what else it can be. I will try again when I wake up.
> > >
> > > And for now, is there anything I’m missing here?? Any help would be great please.
> > >
> > >
> > > Cool thread too by the way, interesting way for me to have found this out through here.
> >
> > Have you tried changing how to purchase it? (Download)
> >
> > Because it wasn’t letting me download it through the free payment method as I had no details in at the time so I changed it to Microsoft points and it let me download it.
> >
> > If that’s not the case I’m not sure. Could they be changing the game that’s free as we’re nearly halfway through June?
>
> Hey thanks for the response.
>
> Just wanted to come back and say that I was able to finish downloading the game. Well what it was doing is it was not downloading it too 100 percent. It would stop and say can’t download Fable 3, so I ended up re clicking the free download tab a few more times when it would stop the download. Didn’t take to long but was still able to completely download it. So yeah Fable 3 is a free game for now.
>
> It works, this was good to know.

Glad to hear this!

I hope you enjoy your game and can even get friends to play with.