Eye Candy

What is with all the PS1-like death animations in Reach? That stupid flip which makes every single headshot IDENTICAL. Get rid of the “canned” animations and just let ragdolls do the work. Look at sniper headshots in H3. Beautiful. Just every kill was much more satisfying in H3.

Same goes for the mid-air animations too. Headshot an airborne enemy, they do this weird crap with their arms and legs while spinning, as if they just fell off a building, rather than being dead. Once again, look at H3- amazing (and satisfying) backflips.

Elites actually look nice in Reach when you kill them because ragdolls just do their thing then, but spartans have a certain animation for every position, and they all look like -Yoink- in their own unique way.

So surely this isn’t much to ask for in H4. It’s not like it can do any harm…

What? The midair/falling death animations have been in every Halo game though…for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO_DrkN2cnY
And then for H3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCP8VyBkBfk&feature=player_detailpage#t=186s

Also Reach still has ragdoll deaths, but they’re combined with the animations which I like, but that’s opinion.

Besides, I think the animations show much better polish since pure ragdoll deaths can get pretty ugly often in games, with legs and arms spassing out or the death looks just unnatural.

How could you like every single death being identical? As for ragdolls being ugly, I already said LOOK AT H3. The limbs don’t have to be as jelly-like as Reach you know. And I know that falling animation has been there since CE but even when you snipe people in Reach they do it. In H3 they would do a backflip (as long as you didn’t have host). It just makes kills a lot more satisfying to get, which is a big factor IMO.

> What is with all the PS1-like death animations in Reach? That stupid flip which makes every single headshot IDENTICAL. Get rid of the “canned” animations and just let ragdolls do the work. Look at sniper headshots in H3. Beautiful. Just every kill was much more satisfying in H3.
>
> Same goes for the mid-air animations too. Headshot an airborne enemy, they do this weird crap with their arms and legs while spinning, as if they just fell off a building, rather than being dead. Once again, look at H3- amazing (and satisfying) backflips.
>
> Elites actually look nice in Reach when you kill them because ragdolls just do their thing then, but spartans have a certain animation for every position, and they all look like -Yoink- in their own unique way.
>
> So surely this isn’t much to ask for in H4. It’s not like it can do any harm…

dude, you should remove the word “-Yoink-” on there, or rephrase your saying, as i don’t really see what the problem is.