Extraction

I apologize if someone made a thread about this before, I couldn’t find any.

In the forge list Jessica typed, I noticed items related to ‘extraction’. Could this be the new invasion? I doubt Dominion is, mainly because it is more like an evolution of territories. Could the objective be to extract an artifact and take it to the pelican, similar to how invasion on Spire worked in the third phase with the power module extraction? Discuss.

i too noticed this, and i have no idea what its for, but it sounds cool what ever it is

At the moment, none of us know :\ If you’re really interested, BSangel is doing a Q&A bulletin this week.

Go to the General Discussion part of the forums and ask this question on her Q&A thread for a chance of it getting answered this week.

But yeah, I know they didn’t want to reveal everything and keep some things a surprises. Tbh, I would be sad if they had revealed all the new game types. It would be really nice to get on and see there are a few more that we didn’t know about :slight_smile:

That would basically be Invasion again. Dominion is more likely to be Invasion than anything else IMO. It is a strategic gametype and you upgrade your base and stuff. In Invasion you have to take over territories and steal an artifact from the enemy base. :slight_smile:

But I am wondering what Extraction could be. Sounds interesting.

It would be pretty cool if one team has to hold a location for a certain time until evac arrives. Maybe the assaulting teams could have vehicles and stuff while defenders have ordnance weapons.

> At the moment, none of us know :\ If you’re really interested, BSangel is doing a Q&A bulletin this week.
>
> Go to the General Discussion part of the forums and ask this question on her Q&A thread for a chance of it getting answered this week.
>
> But yeah, I know they didn’t want to reveal everything and keep some things a surprises. Tbh, I would be sad if they had revealed all the new game types. It would be really nice to get on and see there are a few more that we didn’t know about :slight_smile:

You know what? You’re right. I won’t ask the question. It’s better to be left as a surprise.

Upon hearing the word extraction my first inclination was that it might be the invasion replacement but I have no idea as yet. Saying that, so far 343 have not revealed a single asymmetrical objective gametype, so I am hopeful.

Google Extraction, you’ll find something…interesting on Daily motion.

It could be a new Invasion game mode. At least I hope.

I know what Extraction is. Pm me if you want the info.

First I’m hearing of this… interesting.

> I know what Extraction is. Pm me if you want the info.

I just looked it up (i don’t mind spoiling gametypes - i need to learn what they are :P)
I’m quite disappointed, i thought it’d be something like a cross between VIP, CTF and invasion

> > I know what Extraction is. Pm me if you want the info.
>
> I just looked it up (i don’t mind spoiling gametypes - i need to learn what they are :P)
> I’m quite disappointed, i thought it’d be something like a cross between VIP, CTF and invasion

I think it looks fun, like the way you have to activate the things.